• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Challenge of the Tentacle

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you wont have any problems man, this is the point

Total Posts: 110

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Advie - 16 June 2022 03:28 PM

you wont have any problems man, this is the point

I hope so. The game took a lot of work. I’m just waiting for the English voice actor to record, then it will be all done.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

no pun intended, but cant you call it like ‘the day of the ninetacles’?

seriously, you can get away with something like this, up their face, think about it

Total Posts: 1264

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Challenge of the Tentacle: Escape From Disney’s Inquisition

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Amir - 16 June 2022 03:24 PM

billions?! Gasp and I only find a few and not adventures. I would be interested if you have some links. There is Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis remake, Disney stopped it. This is a very big project and they wanted to remake the whole game, I was not surprised.

I remember the time when news about LucasArts/Sierra closing fan projects or the devs closing them without explaining anything regularly appeared even in game mags (where they were explained as copyright infringements). There was that Indiana Jones adventure, Fountain of Youth, a Loom sequel, some Herman Toothrot game I think, but I honestly don’t remember much as I never intentionally followed fan games, they just felt too inferior in comparison - even this cool-looking Return of the Tentacle is not all that cool from what I’ve seen. I once wanted to play one of the Zak McKraken sequels which I also discovered through a preview in a game mag - it had a very wacky style, similar to DoTT, but later I discovered that that particular sequel was also cancelled.

I know that a couple of Zak sequels were released as well as sequels to other licenses, so there’s that. I think they did give a pass to smaller projects, like those created during AGS competitions, and I’m pretty sure I read that the huge German Maniac Mansion Mania project was negotiated with LucasArts. But I doubt Steam would ever allow to release any of such games. And since you are a commercial developer, they are probably watching you even more closely. In fact I was surprised by your announcement, I thought you were developing a game about a stone. But good luck with it, your win will be everyone’s win!

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Vegetable Party - 16 June 2022 01:46 PM

I get why companies cast a broad net, perhaps use algorithms rather than any form of critical selection to find IP/copyright infringement. Whatever the case, they don’t consider the merit of individual projects and videos. Which leads to some stuff that makes you wonder.. just why? What was there to lose or gain?

they are just businessmen, in every sense, i guess.
you ever have read Scott Murphy’s (Sierra) article when he was describing ‘Chainsaw Monday’ as he puts it, the day ‘the day the suits took over’, you can get a sense of how much different it is, how certain people v corporates can approach one project or the industery in general.

ok, i had some good laughs today, cant deny it

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

It’s too late to change the name now Smile Some may have it tattooed on their arm Tongue

and I’m pretty sure I read that the huge German Maniac Mansion Mania project was negotiated with LucasArts

I’m pretty sure you are wrong Laughing because I also have there a thread in the forum and we also discussed the rights of Disney and LucasArts. They haven’t contacted anyone and so far they haven’t had any problems. By the way Challenge of the Tentacle was supposed to be an episode of Maniac Mansion Mania. But I felt like they’re scared and don’t want me to release it as an MMM episode. I don’t know yet if I’ll release it independently.

In fact I was surprised by your announcement, I thought you were developing a game about a stone

Yes, Stone Mirth on Earth. since you asked, I’ll answer you question. Short and sweet, I finished drawing the graphics of Stone Mirth, then I wanted to start writing. When writing I miss drawing, then I asked a programmer who made 3 episodes of Maniac Mansion Mania that we make a small episode together. Something new in 2D, I will draw and write and he will programs it. he said yes. After a month, after I drew a lot, he told me that he couldn’t do it anymore Embarassed it wasn’t worth canceling the whole project. I carried on everything alone. I just want to release it to continue working on Stone Mirth on Earth.

But good luck with it, your win will be everyone’s win!

Thank you Smile

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Hi guys,

I just released my game “Challenge of the Tentacle”. It’s available on itch.io. It’s free of course. (You don’t need an account to download it)
I hope you like it. I warn you, the puzzles are difficult Laughing
I would appreciate feedback on itch.io or anywhere else. If you find any bugs, please contact me.

Have fun!

https://amir-matouk.itch.io/challenge-of-the-tentacle

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i will!

congrats Mr.JC, glad you did your way after all!

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Advie - 02 July 2022 01:37 PM

i will!

congrats Mr.JC, glad you did your way after all!

Thank u Smile

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Has anyone played it and would like to do a walkthrough? It doesn’t matter if it’s a written walkthrough or a video on YouTube. Because the puzzles are not easy and many need help, Im getting a lot of messages on Reddit and sometimes I can’t answer right away. There is no walkthrough on the internet until now. chrissie, are you there? Laughing

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi Amir, I haven’t got very far as I’m no good at the puzzles but see my PM.  Smile

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

I just uploaded version 1.0.1. A few minor bugs have been fixed.

https://amir-matouk.itch.io/challenge-of-the-tentacle

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

I uploaded version 1.0.2. I hope the hints are a bit more helpful now. I noticed four people downloaded it today. Please download the new version if you are one of these four people.

https://amir-matouk.itch.io/challenge-of-the-tentacle/devlog/404252/version-102

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top