• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3 2015

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Nintendo

Muppet Iwata, Reggie etc turning into Star Fox for the win.

Star Fox Zero Holiday 2015. Looks cool. Multiple forms of the R-wing and lots of space battles.

Super Mario Maker - looks like fun.

Nintendo Characters appearing in Skylanders…strange. Can be switched between Skylanders and Amibo mode.

Zelda Triforce Heroes (3DS) like Fours Swords, but with one less. Kind of Link between worlds graphics, with a fashion element. Changing clothes gives you new abilities. Cooperate with two friends to puzzle through the dungeons.

Hyrule Warriors Legends(3DS version) - Meh

Metroid Prime Federation Force and Blastball 4 player 3DS Metroid game.

Fire Emblem Fates looks ok.

Atlus making some weird Japanese game that made no sense.

Xenoblades Chronicles X (WiiU) - Giant Robots RPG 04/12/15

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer 3DS

Animal Crossing Amibo Festival - Party game like Mario Party

Yoshi Wooly World  - Awwwwwhh so cute. UNtil you put a mario Amibo on the pad and you get a Mario Yoshi with a mustache. Cripess. Looks great.

Yokai Watch - Level 5 game

Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi RPG Collide in Mario & Luigi Paper Jam

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is back 2015

Super Mario Maker lovely to see their old design documents. The game itself looks fun. 09/11/15

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 16 June 2015 11:37 AM

I think this guy likes Shenmue

However I remember it being the most expensive game in the world at the time to make so how are they going to do it for $2-4m. Broken Age struggled with $3m and it’s not an open world game. I suspect the kickstarter is just to show investers that there is an appetite for the game and the real funding is coming from elsewhere.

Wiki says it was the equivalent of $100m in todays money and that just the first game.

People also look back at that game with rose coloured glasses. Yes it was the first game to have a truly realistic open world with Day night schedules and characters who had a schedule. You had to work and do normal day to day stuff and be in bed every night etc. However that world could be tediously realistic at times.

It also invented QTE’s so we have it to thank or blame for that.

The game was a technological marvelpiece that was way ahead of it’s time, but since then we have had Sleeping Dogs and Yakuza and Grand Theft Auto etc that have all done open world urban landscapes better.

It will be interesting to see if they pull this off.

Money is only to guage interest for Publisher funding , its new way to measure uing KS, like they used in IGA ks.
More on your fav site Neogaf.

Notwithstanding rumors of actual Sony money involved in both S3 and FF7.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The WiiU well has dried up. I don’t think 2016 can come soon enough for Nintendo.

Starfox looks innocuous enough.

It’s a huge contrast to Square Enix, with its massive line up of Western and Japanese games. Should be good.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I didn’t see after the Metroid stuff but looks like WiiU might be dead after this year. Might be like the Gamecube situation where they are already shifting focus to the NX. Will Zelda still be WiiU at this point?!?

At least 3DS still seems to be going strong

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I didn’t pay much for mine, so when I sell it, I should make a small profit still.

Unless they dramatically change their attitude, I’m done with Nintendo. There’s far too many other good games out there to play and enjoy to waste money on a company that’s doesn’t want to evolve past the 80s.

Oh, and the penny pitching Amiibo stuff. Simply disgusting.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Square Enix announced new Nier for PS4

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Tad - 16 June 2015 01:20 PM

I didn’t pay much for mine, so when I sell it, I should make a small profit still.

Unless they dramatically change their attitude, I’m done with Nintendo. There’s far too many other good games out there to play and enjoy to waste money on a company that’s doesn’t want to evolve past the 80s.

Oh, and the penny pitching Amiibo stuff. Simply disgusting.

Yeah they seemed to have completely abandoned the WiiU. 3DS games though look pretty good.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SE stream is unwatchable to me, damn it! Angry

SoccerDude28 - 16 June 2015 01:21 PM

Square Enix announced new Nier for PS4

Whaaaat? SE also dropping surprises. Cool

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Square Enix

Just Cause 3 - Looks as mad as usual. Wing Suits, multiple grapples and big explosions. 01/12/15

Nier new project Platinum helping to make it (along with Star Fox and that Transformers thing). Nice art but far too early. Why is the guy wearing a weird mask?

Rise of the Tomb Raider same trailer as before. Some behind the scenes stuff.

Mobile Releases - Lara Croft Go I liked Hitman Go so this looks fun.

Final Fantasy VII - Trailer from yesterday

Kingdom Hearts unchained key Phone game that looks like shit.

Kingdom Hearts III - Now this looks more like it.

World of Final Fantasy - Chibi FF. Same video as yesterday

Hitman - Digital game that will add new assassinations/missions and worlds as it goes along. Daily challenges etc. Th eonly Hitman game we will need forever? coming out in December.

Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness Now coming to the west. JRPG with a lot of running about.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided - Trailer looks cool. Early 2016

Tokyo RPG Factory - To make new JRPG’s

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Seems like a solid showing, gameplay footage of KH3, Star Ocean and Deus Ex? Any release dates for these?

Platinum is working on Nier? Crazy

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I’ve never heard of Nier. What’s that?

I dunno if anyone mentioned Beyond Eyes, but that’s such a wonderful game. I mean, I of course don’t if it’s going to be good gameplay, but the idea and concept are fantastic, it looks beautiful and, frankly, just the fact of a disabled main character is good for diversity.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finally saw the SE conference, lot of good looking games, hope they do come out next year.
Nintendo digital event was really weak compared to last year.

Now all we need is a surprise appearance of Valve with HL3 at the PC show later today for complete E3 insanity

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

UPtimist - 16 June 2015 05:20 PM

I’ve never heard of Nier. What’s that?

It’s a japaneses action-RPG released for PS3/X360 that gathered quite a cult following , mostly for it’s story and soundtrack I think.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i dunno who the winner of e3 is, but its not nintendo, who looks as lonely as ever being left out from all the good cross platforms.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Nier by Platinum and Kingdomhearts3 > Deusex and hitman.
Later titles feel like reskin.

Nier made by Platinum madeup for nintys badtaste.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top