• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG OST

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sam and Max episodes are the best TTG’s ever gave.Sam and Max: Ice Station Santa - End Credits

Composed by Jared Emerson-Johnson

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Speaking of Gabriel Knight, here is my contribution:

The Dixieland Drug Store. Extremely melancholic and moody.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Advie - 24 December 2013 06:01 AM

An old “Merry Christmas card from Sierra-Online!” 1986 ..

What a neat find!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Book of Unwritten Tales will remain one of the best modern classic adventure game (of this millennium) with all the light, funny characters and dialogues of the legendary LucasArts, the game was long enough but if only wasn’t on that easy side it would have had been more entertaining (imo) .

The orchestral music that KING Art provides into their adventures is just one of the highest points of the company, thanks to Benny Oschmann production and talent; a quite young composer, born 1987 with such a great talent.

The Book of Unwritten Tales - Seefels A

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Advie - 25 December 2013 11:29 AM

The Book of Unwritten Tales will remain a modern classic adventure game with all the light and funny characters and dialogues of the legendary LucasArt , the game was long enough but if only wasn’t that easy it would had been more entertaining (imo) .

The orchestral music that KING Art provides into their adventures is one of the high points for the company thanks to Benny Oschmann a quite young composer who was born November 7th, 1987 with a such great talent .

The Book of Unwritten Tales - Seefels A

Yea absolutely, Benny Oschmann is amazing!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dag - 25 December 2013 10:27 PM

Yea absolutely, Benny Oschmann is amazing!

Damn he is!, many composers had always gotten mixed up before between Arabian music arrangments and the Pharaonic‘s, by using mixed instruments from both, also concerning the choices of these tracks the musical scales and moods, but for Benny Oschmann that wasn’t an issue at all!.  The Raven Chapter II Ancestry of Lies -  The Egyptian Museum tell it all!.

————————————————————————————

Beautiful Soundtrack for Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None Scott Nixon also composed several other Agatha Christie AGs made this music very remarkable and memorable.
Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None - Main Theme

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Unknown Identity was the name of a team consisting of Zdenek Houb (Composer), Pavel & Michal Pekárek (Animation), three independent Czech developers, for their collaboration with Future Games, on several of that company’s games like The Black Mirror & NiBiRu.

The team members were eventually officially employed by Future Games and the Unknown Identity name was no longer used.

Zdenek Houb seems like an amazing composer and his potential seemed to get more better with every new game , though he left me so puzzled & shocked with he work for Next Life (I will get to that the next day) .

The Black Mirror - Main Menu

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gotta admit it! Future Games gave several well-produced* AGs at the start of this millennium, many other great developers, and companies today couldn’t achieve the half of it!; from characters’ animation, facial expressions and those characters movements were (and still) over the top.

Next Life can be described as their high note at their short line of production (and life-time)
Despite of those positive remarks (i just made) the game had to get the worst ratings and reviews of all their games, I give this to the game’s poor writing, and bad translation (with a lot of typos)... plus the sooo boring 2nd half of the adventure.

The game doesn’t have Soundtracks!! (that I am aware of) I just finished replying it weeks ago, and I found out that there was only one piece of music that played at end of the game for just a few secs, and that ambient trac/maintheme for Main Menu, and that is it!.

Next Life - Ending Theme

I don’t know if Zdenek Houb made it like this intentionally, if he might had an idea of keeping the game (empty) this way, only to concentrate on the sound design, which was pretty decent I must say.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Uh, Machinarium.., I am starting to realize (nevertheless fall in love) how Czech developers are way talented and different than the US, Germany(or west Europe).

Amanita Design had represented its own stream of adventure games, they had the privilege to claim (an achievement of their own) well designed and high standard AGs from some very low budget, and was crowned by Machinarium.

Machinarium Soundtrack was written, composed, mixed and produced by Tomáš Dvorák, who won the Aggie Award for Best Music here, and the Best Soundtrack award at the PC Gamer (mainstream magazine) in 2009.

The soundtrack was released on Vinyl!, a 1st edition (of 555 hand-numbered copies) at February 27th, 2010, on clear yellow.

Its hard to choose one track only! so I posted a link of the whole soundtrack, and my heart guided me to start it with Machinarium - Mr. Handagote Heart

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

There was once an adventure called Dark Seed II - Main Theme  Wink .

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am busy these days doing lots of rehearsals for newyear’s and couldn’t post yesterday, well, I will try to make this ...

Under controversial and negative circumstances Police Quest III: The Kindred was substantially unfinished, Jim Walls had left others to the task of completing it in a hurried fashion, Mark Crowe was credited as the Director and (Jim Walls receives modest fifth billing as “Designer”).

I never read the Police Quest III: The Kindred review here before, but what I read is the most harsh review I ever encountered for an AG that I got so much love for!. Evan Dickens wrote ‘..Police Quest 3 is a bad game and a 2-star rating is generous

A worth mentioning note Police Quest III: The Kindred was the first one of Sierra’ to use the new Hand-Eye-Walk and SCI1 interface..

Police Quest III - The Kindred - Marie In Coma
Music Composed by Jan Hammer also the composer of Miami Vice series .

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

When Grim Fandango and Gabriel knight3 were (at) the end of the glorious era of adventure gaming, Syberia (and nothing else) was a fresh start for a new one that took place between the period between 2002 and 2011/Kickstarters (three years had passed since-the dark age of the genre (1999-2001)- and adventure gaming wasn’t really* on the map of the video gaming).

A new era that held the best ‘looking’ adventure games in the history of the genre, but with very rare hotspots to be remembered.

This new era started to loose in base ground, or at least to be shaken with this ‘over’ appearance of the pixled-retro again within the new millennium; and AGs at the last 3-5 years of the last decade started drowning back into its root, but only for the sake of the capability of managing small budgets, and small indie companies…

it was once a question from a dear poster here at these forums ‘some unique one’ are they here to stay? A+great question, that made my worries hit the roof with some related inquiry; are they here to rule?!

Anyways Long Live Benoît Sokal, and Long Live Syberia

Syberia - Main Menu

Composed by Nicholas Varley with/and Dimitri Bodiansky

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Stupid Invaders is one cute adventure developed by Xilam? a company that specializes in animated series and feature films, is game is based on one of their animated series Space Goofs (1997) .

Stupid Invaders - The Banjo’s Tune

Composed by Hervé Lavandier

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Advie - 29 December 2013 09:41 AM

Its hard to choose one track only so I posted a link for the whole soundtrack list, but my heart still guided me to start it with Machinarium - Mr. Handagote

It’s certainly a solid choice. Also the robot band song is another favorite of mine. Of course, you shouldn’t listen to it if you haven’t played the game, because it’s that much more amazing when you get it built up in the game Smile
http://store.floex.cz/album/machinarium-soundtrack-bonus-ep

You know, Tomas Dvorak, or Floex, has also some of his own albums that are similar in style to the Machinarium soundtrack (but of course have a clearly distinct style, too):
http://www.floex.cz/en/discography.php
(can be listened there)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top