• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG OST

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist took place in the town of Coarsegold, California which is located Nearby Oakhurst, (around 7 miles) the old location of Sierra’s headquarters before ‘92.

Al Lowe considers it one of his funniest games He gives a great deal of credit to Josh Mandel, who co-wrote the game, as well as some of the songs including the Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist - Opening Ballad and closing ballad.

So many jokes in the Floppy Disk version as compared to the CD-ROM version of the game Josh Mandel explained :

“I had co-designed, directed, produced, and written the floppy version; there were no plans at all, at the time, to produce a CD version. When sales of the floppy version justified a CD version, I was no longer available to produce and direct it, having by then started on SQ6. Al Lowe was then tapped to do the casting and recording of the CD version, but the game already had so much text in it that, when it came time to record the inventory text, Al just stopped—he was, he said, tired of sitting in the sound studio. As I had written the vast majority of the game’s text and dialogue, I pointed out to him that, in the process of cutting roughly 15% of the game’s text from the recording, he’d left out many of the jokes”.

On at least several boxes containing the CD-ROM version of the game stated “Meet the Great-Great Grandpappy of Leisure Suit Larry!”, referring to Zircon Jim Laffer who makes a (belated) appearance in the game.

The game’ OST was composed by Aubrey Hodges who had also contributed at games for Sierra such Quest For Glory I: So You Want To Be A Hero and many other non-Sierra’ such Doom!.

You can listen and download all the game’ soundtracks Here

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I never had the chance to play City of Lost Children but i really liked the soundtracks while searching for today’s ,so i decided to give it a post.

City of Lost Children - The Courtyard

Composer: Francis Gorge

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

It “might” be obvious that I am a fan of deaths and pixel hunting when it comes to adventure gaming but dead ends are something else, strangely I had encountered a dead end in a modern classic ,The Black Mirror when I was replaying it a month ago, the problem with dead ends the they just leave completely clueless “where did I go wrong” so I either have to restore my saved game and try everything until I reach the same point and if I am lucky it could pass ,or just do the most thing I hate doing which is give up and consult a walkthrough.

But I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream offered some little number of dead ends not that irritating , because 1. it serves the story right well 2. its always about a mistake you have done just couple of steps away ,so I guess I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream is an exception of all the AGs with dead ends.

The game is one of the greatest ,and how its not one of the 100 adventure of all time here at the site that is something bores me to go into once again.

I have chosen Gorrister’ theme to post, the guilt of having had his wife committed to a mental institution ,and the struggling is well described through this soundtrack/piece I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream - That Hole In My Chest (Gorrister).

The game was developed by The Dreamers Guild whom also had given the light family ,adventure Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb

Music composed by the legendary John Ottman who had composed the scores for many big pictures such The Usual Suspects, Apt Pupil, X2: X-Men United, Superman Returns and also many other’.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Martin Mystère the game has nothing worth mentioning so I will spare no effort into the introduction ..

Martin Mystère: Operation Dorian Gray - Blues

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 06 January 2014 09:05 AM

Martin Mystère the game has nothing worth mentioning

I thought the graphics ain’t that bad:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am sure its nice graphics but I am not sure how they added up to the game ,it still sucked Grin.

——————————

Space Quest II VGA Remake - Space Janitor/Ending Credits

Infamous Adventures (IA) were behind this best Sierra’ remake ever made (so far) until Jane Jansen changes that ,I’m not sure who wrote this or sung the vocals, but I know Infamous Adventures used three musicians for the score, who are:
Brandon Blume ,Issac Lundgren ,James Mulvale .

Surely one of them composed this song, and possibly sang it. I’m guessing it was James Mulvale since his link is the only one with the song available for streaming / download
https://soundcloud.com/spacequest

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Cryo Interactive always had thing a for history ,after their 1992 1st big hit Dune it gave KGB/Conspiracy .The game was a right hit in time after the heinous political conspiracy to overthrow the liberal government and restore the Soviet Union to its conservative, communist glory.

KGB - Main Theme

Music composed by Stephane Picq.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

There some magic about The Inner World - Anticipation/Menu Theme that I cant really figure out ,I think it *might* be the chromatic notes the Xylophone’ plays inside that melody. But anyways this one of the rare menu themes that I could never load my saved game until they were finished playing.

Music by Christian Barth

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I imagine Daedalic giving Harvey’ part 3 with Enda & Lilly together on the adventure ,well that is just a dream though not far from happening as it seems that Daedalic planning for pushing their standards a bit higher with some tendency for keeping it secret.

Harvey’s New Eyes is as half good as The Breakout ,‘breaking the rules’ gameplaying concept with Lilly ,sounded good at start but it surely gets overboard as the game carries on ,but to give it some credits the story is quite good especially when you have had play the original ,I think it should had been called ‘Lilly and Harvey the Break-in’ .

Persicone Studio made a nice effort at the game’s soundtrack, the remix of Harvey’s New Eyes - Edna Theme was nice ,also the Huzzah-man singing’ at Harvey’s New Eyes - Lilly’ Theme Song/Needle & Stitch was quite remarkable.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Operation Stealth graphics were like a break-through away from Sierra’ Adventures ,Delphine Software had given at the time more advanced outlook than any other companies involved with adventure gaming ,it wasn’t after two-three years later that Sierra was up to it.

Since we are at the confessions session; I had a pirated copy for the game and the manual was printed in black and white ,there was a copy protection image shown in black and white that you had choose the right colors upon the image from the manual and since the manual was also B&W I had hard times every time I restarted the game ,

I still cant believe how I ever managed to get pass that thing ,but I remember I used to determine them by their lightness and darkness ,and make note every time I succeeded ,anyways I never got to finish the game Grin.

I will quote Kurufinwe for the game as they were very precise ..

French spy adventure Operation Stealth has many great moments (and some great music), and also some really awful sequences. But above all, it has this, the most obnoxious puzzle of all time.

Operation Stealth - Intro Theme

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dracula Origin - Menu Theme

No idea who composed this but it sounded beautiful to me .

The game holds tons of different mini-games which are not bad ,but gets tiring after a while ,the best puzzle of the game stands at almost the start of the game; the one with map of London ,its reminded me totally of the best puzzle also at Police Quest III near the end with the Lyton city map.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I can listen for this all day The Night of the Rabbit - Titelmelodie.

I would not be able to post any new OSTs for while, I will be quite busy, make your self home people.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Advie - 13 January 2014 10:14 AM

I can listen for this all day

Yeah, it’s beautiful.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I was kinda bored and decided to watch Monkey Island 2 Lechuck Revenge - Ending Credits  
But now I can go and arrange my sock drawer.. ,or?!..

more tracks..

Monkey Island 2 Lechuck Revenge - Phatt Island Jail
Monkey Island 2 Lechuck Revenge - The Spitting Contest
Monkey Island 2 Lechuck Revenge - The Cemetery

Music composed and performed by Michael Z. Land

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Great effort been put into The Journey Down Chapter One: Over the Edge by taking it from its based on low-resolution freeware edition/version into the high definition graphics, full voiceovers, plus some additional locations and puzzles.

Chapter One is the first part of a planned four part story but no other parts still visible at the horizon in the moment .

The Jazzy-Reggie soundtracks included in the game are AWESOME! .. Simon D’souza and his band gave the game the nicest fitting magical central African’ themes.
The Journey Down Chapter One: Over the Edge - Main Theme

But you actually might wanna skip the recorded track and jump into the awesome live playing for it ,here.

Also you might wanna check this Interview – With Simon D’souza (Composer)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top