• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Lace Mamba Global (Disgrace!)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you are right lewuz
thanks

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Thanks!
If topic continues, then you may want to see what announcement Lace Mamba Global just released:
http://www.lace-mamba.com/commenting-on-february-11ths-open-letter-from-daedalic-amanita-and-colibri/

Anyway, how does company continue? Can go either way - die out painfully, or really learn from mistakes and improve a lot. To be honest, i’d dont want them to go, not just yet.

How other devs react and how are upcomers influenced? Lifeless Planet, RSK-IR adventures? Are devs now against having LMG logo on the box afraiding a boycott?

About Memento Mori 2 - i can’t spill the beans as i talked with someone off the record, but takeaway is that MM2 English is way off and apparently dtp is holding the handbrake.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

lewuz - 12 February 2013 07:55 PM

I’m strongly against deleting this thread!
I agree that LMG actions are ugly. But why should this thread go? Feel free to rename the thread, but I hope the content stays.

I had no intention of deleting the thread. Closing it would’ve been the max.

Renaming it and diverting all the other Lace Mamba discussions here is the best approach, though.

lewuz - 12 February 2013 08:39 PM

Anyway, how does company continue? Can go either way - die out painfully, or really learn from mistakes and improve a lot. To be honest, i’d dont want them to go, not just yet.

Personally, I think the damage is already too severe to be able to continue.

The people involved could learn from their mistakes and improve a lot, but if they want to become a household name again, it’ll be under a new name, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2011-02-25

PM

I knew about this situation from last year when I had a talk with J.U.L.I.A. and J.U.L.I.A. Untold’s developer. I didn’t make any rage topics on message boards because I was asked by the developer not to, as they were taking legal action at the time.

CBE did not see any money from J.U.L.I.A. sales published by Lace Mamba. Given the new gamasutra article, I don’t think any developer received any money from them. Ever. If any of you are close to the Lifeless Planet developers, tell them to terminate the publishing contract with Lace Mamba ASAP, otherwise I don’t think they will see any penny from Lace Mamba and it would be a shame.

To conclude, the people running Lace Mamba are the nothing but worms - they do not have a spine and they don’t know the meaning of respect. They scam the little guys - indie developer - because they know indies don’t have the time or the money to take legal action. I hope they end up in prison, or maybe worse. And I do hope that all the developers that got scammed by Lace Mamba get at least some money from them.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

So now the question is what is the fate of :-
Murder in Tehran’s Alleys 1933 ,Lifeless Planet

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

If you’re looking for more info on the whole LMG drama I recommend reading the interview with Jan Kavan that we posted yesterday. Page 2 contains several questions about LMG and publishers in general.

When I asked Jan about the LMG strategy of making Jason Codd the sole responsible for what happened I expected that Jan would agree that it’s all a show for the public, but hearing about the current role of Jason Codd is just disgusting.

At the same time I have to say that LMG is far away from being the only publisher that treats developers like dirt, but I certainly hope that more developers will finally tell the truth of how they were treated by certain publishers. I’m not even talking about law suits, I would just want them to tell the public the truth. There are so many nightmare stories out there (not only about LMG) and I hope that the public will finally get a chance to find out more about the disgusting behaviour of several publishers in detail.

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

There have indeed been some well-known adventure publishers who have stiffed indie developers, but as a cautionary tale, I honestly think it’s not going to matter much anymore. For adventure games, publishers are going the way of the dodo. It was only ever the rare game that was actually funded by a publisher, and now they aren’t even needed to put boxed games on store shelves anymore. (Maybe in Germany, but almost never in the English speaking world.)

If “publishing” is really only a matter of digital distribution and marketing from now on, I suspect most devs will retain their own international rights and hire a PR firm, if necessary.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top