• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Well, I am finally selling my collection

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2005-07-20

PM

I’ve been collecting my bit of Classic Adventure Game memories since I was just 10 years old.  I’m going to be 33 years old this year, and realize that whenever I want to play any of the classics, I already have them on my HD and enjoy them that way.

My collection sits on the shelf year after year,  and with buying a house, getting married,  bringing my son into the world and all that good stuff,  I realize I would rather sell all of this now and hopefully have it go into the hands of a collector that really appreciates it all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-Adventure-Game-Collectors-Auction-/290878805713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b9ba56d1#viTabs_0

It’s 73 Games in all,  mostly older classics.  If you know anyone that would be interested, please pass it on.  More pictures on auction page.

Nerd

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

congrats on the collection, looks nice! It’s a shame you’re letting it go Wink
Why do you sell it as 1 lot, I doubt you can find someone paying the $1500-2000.
And a few times you mention “original box”, whereas I’m sure it’s the retail edition (e.g. broken sword 1&2).

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Yeah, I allready have boxed versions of about half of the games listed. There are several titles there that I’d be interested in buying, but there are too few that I don’t allready own to consider buying the collection as a whole (not to mention that it’d be nearly impossible for me to spend that kind of money all at once). Nice collection though Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2005-07-20

PM

If the auction goes nowhere, I’d appreciate it (if you guys\girls want) just name out the ones you want individually and I’ll hold them for you individually.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

Nice collection - I’d never actually seen that Dig box before Grin

Turning 30 soon, but hoping I’ll be able to keep mine around for a little while - if nothing else, I think it’s a nice thing to have on the walls for display.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

I’d also be interested in a select few. A lot of those are newer, and can be found on DD sites. Not to say that owning them physically wouldn’t be ideal. However, that’s a hefty price. Will keep an eye on this thread in case you do sell them separately!

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

OneFlesh - 14 March 2013 05:27 AM

That would be the back of The Dig box. Can only assume that the front must be damaged for the seller not to turn it over or maybe it was just a mistake.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dig/cover-art

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Joined 2005-07-20

PM

GreyFuss - 14 March 2013 09:33 PM
OneFlesh - 14 March 2013 05:27 AM

That would be the back of The Dig box. Can only assume that the front must be damaged for the seller not to turn it over or maybe it was just a mistake.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dig/cover-art

Yeah just a mistake.  Please don’t assume I’d sell a damaged box and hide it.

Joined 2005-07-20

PM

These are still available.  If any of you have offers on individual games in the set, please PM me or post here.  Thanks!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top