• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

20 Weirdest Adventure Games

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

That list’s definition of ‘weird’ is… uh… weird, imo. Tongue
I mean, what’s ‘weird’ about those LucasArts games? Absurd, like DotT, yes, but ‘weird’?
And where is Obsidian? Crazy

I love the (nostalgic?) attention adventure games are getting, though. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

TimovieMan - 19 March 2013 04:42 PM

That list’s definition of ‘weird’ is… uh… weird, imo. Tongue
I mean, what’s ‘weird’ about those LucasArts games? Absurd, like DotT, yes, but ‘weird’?
And where is Obsidian? Crazy

I love the (nostalgic?) attention adventure games are getting, though. Cool

Yea they might as well renamed the list to “Our favorite LucasArts games plus a few other weird ones”. Tongue

A few of those I would say are “quirky” but not the kind of weird I’d associate with other games like I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream or Bad Moojo.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Entry on Phantasmagoria II is errant. First, the entrails-feeding scene is from the first game. Second, Roberta wasn’t involved with the game—it’s Lorelei Shannon’s baby. Egads!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I actually have 150 PC adventure games. Around 2007, PC games in my area at the retail level became almost impossible to find. I’m actually playing a PC adventure game today - after many years and it’s fabulous - “The Longest Journey” so I’m going to replay all my PC adventure games again.

I have over half the games on this list. Some of them are my favorite adventure games like “Darkseed”. I don’t have a clue if “Harvester” will play on any PC I have - but I’m going to give it a shot!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I’m appreciative whenever MaximumPC mentions adventure games, which they pretty much led the way on mocking and ingnoring not too long ago, but there were maybe only three or four on that list that I would agree were “weirdish”.  “Most Unusual” would have been a more accurate though not as catchy title.  Drowned God, Forever Worlds, Obsidian and Blue Ice have them beat by a mile.  Journeyman Project, Full Throttle, DOTT and Orion Burger?  I think not.

MikeKelly, I agree that Darkseed is one of my favorites too and is weird.  Harvester played well in WinXP with no extra help except perhaps compatibiity setting for me.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Commander Blood is such a strange game. It kind of horrifies me.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top