• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkLittleRoseseagul

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

John Ray’s Space Adventure

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2022-04-01

PM

Hi adventure gamers! This past April, after three years of development, I released my first adventure game, “John Ray’s Space Adventure.” I just discovered this forum and wanted to put it out there. Better late than never? Retro games age well.

Trailer:

About:
A retro point & click adventure about John Ray, a space archaeologist under contract by the wealthy Mr. Maljerk. John’s adventure begins with a search for ancient artifacts scattered throughout the local star system. These artifacts are part of a powerful device left behind by a technologically advanced, but mostly forgotten, Xec race.

What to expect:
Travel between different locations and planets, talk to people, aliens and robots, make friends, collect inventory items, solve puzzles and interact with the world.
This is gameplay in the best point & click tradition.

About the development:
“John Ray’s Space Adventure” is an indie title in its truest meaning: the story writing, design, development of the framework, gameplay, sound design and production was all hand-crafted by me (with some help from my indulgent wife). The three years felt very long, since I created the game in addition to my full time day job and the birth of both of our children. Nevertheless, creating my own adventure game has been a dream of mine ever since growing up with the greats: Indiana Jones the Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, Space Quest, The Feeble Files, …. So, in a way, this is my love letter to those times.

Website and Download:
You can get it in the App Store and play it on you Mac, iPad or iPhone:
App Store

Screenshots:

Thanks for checking it out!

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Evilspoon - 27 November 2022 04:06 PM

You can get it in the App Store and play it on you Mac, iPad or iPhone:

Thanks for checking it out!

There can never be too many space-related adventure games.

But why exclusively Apple?
I have never owned anything made by Apple, so I couldn’t check it out even if I tried.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2022-04-01

PM

Yes, space related adventure games are a joy.

Regarding Apple - that is the platform I am able to develop on. I am aware that Win/Linux and Android users cannot play it and I wished they could. Unfortunately there is only that much time to master all the differnet development environments. I will see what the future brings, since time is my only limitation for me in this case.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top