You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems The In Memoriam hint/walkthrough thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 09:25 AM   #61
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy
Well, I actually ment the first you do at the rhomenus pussle, with the red dots and everything. You´re supposed to tie them together, but i can´t figure out how? the grey line do´nt reach, I have clicked everything that can be clicked.. I guess Ã*t´s really easy but how do you do it?

HELP
I'm sorry, but I just don't recall the puzzle you're talking about.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:27 AM   #62
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted.alice
so i cant just play about with the tabs untill it stops making a noise? ive done the password bit its just making it be quiet that im stuck on
Yes, you can play with the tabs until you have eliminated all the tracks but the important one. But without the sound analyzer, you won't be able to understand what that remaining track is saying.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:26 AM   #63

Send a message via MSN to Twisted.alice
Default dont worry

dont worry i persevered and it didnt seem like i needed the audio thing to make it go quiet.

wonder what made the error!?
Old 01-17-2004, 04:53 AM   #64

Default More Help Needed :(

I'm on what I think is the last puzzle before the 'finale - Sichet.

I've received an email that explains what you need to do, and I also looked at the walkthrough (you lot are gonna think I'm a walkthrough addict, lol) but I'm still none the wiser. What is 'the right speed'? And how the hell do you make it work?
Old 01-19-2004, 04:49 AM   #65

Default Chnoumos

can someone help me out with the pic of the balls? i managed to find it but i cant for the life of me read what it says inthe box on the top left, im sure its the key to the letters a-i but i just cant read it. would someone be able to let me know what the keys says so i can solve this puzzle?

cheers

alice

ps. emma - not got that far yet (Sichet) but when i do i'll have a look and see if i can help ya!
Old 01-19-2004, 07:03 AM   #66

Default Sichet

From what i can tell from this you need to

you'll need to highlight the stuff inte double lines. tryin not to spoil it for anyone else by accident, this is the best i can do so sorry!!

dont worry walk throughs are great when your stuck!

================================================== =======
Spoiler:
Move your mouse slowly to the right starting in the middle of the screen, i did it by putting my mouse right at the bottom middle and slowly moved it along to the right. bit annoying but persevere!

================================================== =======

Last edited by Twisted.alice; 01-26-2004 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:12 AM   #67

Send a message via MSN to frigida
Default Zocha game

I'll try posting here as well, in case they delete the message I posted outside this thread:

I'm stuck in the game you have to play in Zocha. I've tried playing it for ages, but I can't seem to get past the third level. Anyone who's got a detailed explanation on how to pass the last levels of Zocha? I'm desperate.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:22 AM   #68

Default Bugs!!!!

Hey all,

Having got over the hurdle of the bug in Phu (and having to uninstall and do a complete reinstall), I am now having real problems trying to start IGNIS. I have just defeated AER, the message from the Phoenix came up, the AER blue changed to red to signify the changeover, and then I received the error message DIRECTOR PLAYER ERROR, CUBISOF~1\...\p700_typos.cxt IS NOT A DIRECTOR FILE. The game immediately closes. Upon restart, the screen in stuck on the AER screen, with no clickable areas. Can anyone help..PLEASE!!! I've come so far, I really need to finish and find out how it ends!!!

Thanks
Old 02-02-2004, 09:51 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster
And here I am again... Jen en BJ helped me out perfectly fine with the Vari-puzzle, thanks. But now I came upon a technical problem. After defeating AER and going into IGNIS, I get this message: DIRECTOR PLAYER ERROR, CUBISOF~1\...\p700_typos.cxt IS NOT A DIRECTOR FILE. The game stops right away then, and when I restart it, I'm just stuck with a static unclickable screen. Now I took the file out, but I'm afraid I have to start all over again, mustn't I? Any suggestions, other then uninstalling and reinstalling and starting from scratch?

Did u find anything out about this? I have been all over the net trying to find a solution to this....help if u can PLEASE!!!
Old 02-02-2004, 10:02 AM   #70
Banned User

Bish: This is the same type of Macromedia Director script error I hit that forced me to restart the game from scratch. I have since learned that there is a patch for the game available from some European site. I don't know if it will help you or not.

Frigida: All I can tell you is that in one of the later levels of Zocha, I found that I had to completely disconnect the box once or twice and let it free-fall for a second before quickly attaching a rubber band to it. I recall that this was the only way to get it around the first curve of one of the levels.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:53 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish
Did u find anything out about this? I have been all over the net trying to find a solution to this....help if u can PLEASE!!!
i think i had this error but i could still carry on. it might have been because i had updated/patched the game so this could be the solution?

other than that i have no idea what it is sowwie!

alice

xxx
Old 02-03-2004, 11:09 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted.alice
i think i had this error but i could still carry on. it might have been because i had updated/patched the game so this could be the solution?

other than that i have no idea what it is sowwie!

alice

xxx
Thanks for the feedback Bacardi Jim/Twisted Alice,
Ubi Sift have asked me to ensure that I have the latest version of DirectX on my PC, I updated this last week, so I know this isn't causing the problem. I've found one patch (2.1) which I have installed. This seemed to fix the bug in Phu (which is why I went searching in the first place!!) but I am still stuck on the AER screen. Gutted. I'll keep searching...I'll update with any new finds

Old 02-03-2004, 11:19 AM   #73

Quote:
Well, I actually ment the first you do at the rhomenus pussle, with the red dots and everything. You´re supposed to tie them together, but i can´t figure out how? the grey line do´nt reach, I have clicked everything that can be clicked.. I guess Ã*t´s really easy but how do you do it?

Did u manage to figure this one out in the end?
Old 02-05-2004, 10:24 AM   #74

Send a message via ICQ to Lizzy Send a message via MSN to Lizzy
Default Rhomenus

Quote:
Did u manage to figure this one out in the end?
Well no.. I haven´t played in a while so if you could help me I´d be very glad
I just don´t get the thing with the red dots, I guess it´s simple =S
Please help !
Old 02-09-2004, 08:53 AM   #75

Quote:
Well no.. I haven´t played in a while so if you could help me I´d be very glad
I just don´t get the thing with the red dots, I guess it´s simple =S
Please help !

The trick to this puzzle is in all of the dots, not just the red ones. From the starting dot, you can't reach the end red dot (as you have already figured out!). You need to drag the rope/string from the first three circles to the set of three circles above it. Pick one. If the string does not attach, pick another one, if the string does not attach, it will attach to the third. Keep doing that for each set of three circles, and it will lead you around the last red circle.[/COLOR]Hope that makes sense!!
Old 02-15-2004, 08:37 AM   #76

Send a message via ICQ to Lizzy Send a message via MSN to Lizzy

Quote:
The trick to this puzzle is in all of the dots, not just the red ones. From the starting dot, you can't reach the end red dot (as you have already figured out!). You need to drag the rope/string from the first three circles to the set of three circles above it. Pick one. If the string does not attach, pick another one, if the string does not attach, it will attach to the third. Keep doing that for each set of three circles, and it will lead you around the last red circle.[/COLOR]Hope that makes sense!!
Thanx!! I hate when you´re stuck at something and the solution turns out to be really simple in the end
Old 02-17-2004, 02:06 AM   #77

Default Help with Vari

I can´t get the soundcracker working. Deleted and re-installed Quicktime,
no help. Read that some of you managed to solve Vari without the soundcracker. Have found two pictures of the right positions, but no
help. Written to Ubisoft Custemer help, no answer. I don't want to stop playing, this is so addictive game. Please help.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:55 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuula
I can´t get the soundcracker working. Deleted and re-installed Quicktime,
no help. Read that some of you managed to solve Vari without the soundcracker. Have found two pictures of the right positions, but no
help. Written to Ubisoft Custemer help, no answer. I don't want to stop playing, this is so addictive game. Please help.
i know your not gona want to hear this - but it was trail and error - keep moving the tabs untill the sound changes - it might just be a tiny little change but you'll get there eventually - think it took me about 20-30mins to do it

you might want to turn up your sound as high as poss so its easier to detect the changes in the sound tho as some of them are teeeeeny little things!!

btw did you get an error message come up when trying to get it to work as well? the sound cracker thingy that is?
Old 02-17-2004, 04:58 AM   #79

Twisted.Alice: I've tried Vari now for several days. But it gives me hope, that you have succeeded. I didn't get any error message for soundcracker. I can
see AUDIO in the taskbar, but when I click it, nothing happens. Neither can't find it in In Memoriam directory, though it exists in Temporary Internet files.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:31 AM   #80

Quote:
Hey all,

Having got over the hurdle of the bug in Phu (and having to uninstall and do a complete reinstall), I am now having real problems trying to start IGNIS. I have just defeated AER, the message from the Phoenix came up, the AER blue changed to red to signify the changeover, and then I received the error message DIRECTOR PLAYER ERROR, CUBISOF~1\...\p700_typos.cxt IS NOT A DIRECTOR FILE. The game immediately closes. Upon restart, the screen in stuck on the AER screen, with no clickable areas. Can anyone help..PLEASE!!! I've come so far, I really need to finish and find out how it ends!!!

Thanks
I've been having the exact same problem and it has been driving me mad for two days now. I think I have the solution now.

You see, I have this problem on my home computer but not on my work computer so I did a little comparison of the IM directory on both computers and this is what I found out:

The files p701_doll.cxt, p700_typos.cxt and p700_round.cxt are not installed properly on my home computer. The sizes don't match with the working files on my work computer. As a matter of fact the p700_typos-file is the size 0kb on my home machine. Also when I try to copy these files manually from the install cd, it reports problems with them.

So, now I'm mailing these files from the succesfull installation at work to my home computer, and try replacing the damaged files there...we'll see what happens. I'll let you know as soon as I find out!