You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems The In Memoriam hint/walkthrough thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 12:53 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuula
Twisted.Alice: I've tried Vari now for several days. But it gives me hope, that you have succeeded. I didn't get any error message for soundcracker. I can
see AUDIO in the taskbar, but when I click it, nothing happens. Neither can't find it in In Memoriam directory, though it exists in Temporary Internet files.
Hmmm, should I reply in English or suomeksi...
Are you sure nothing happens when you click the audio-tab..? Have you eliminated all of the other background noise? Because I thought too, that pressing the audio-tab didn't change anything, but it did change the message the voice was saying. It's still not easy to hear what the voice is saying, but with careful listening it's possible...
Old 02-18-2004, 10:42 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ou812
I've been having the exact same problem and it has been driving me mad for two days now. I think I have the solution now.

You see, I have this problem on my home computer but not on my work computer so I did a little comparison of the IM directory on both computers and this is what I found out:

The files p701_doll.cxt, p700_typos.cxt and p700_round.cxt are not installed properly on my home computer. The sizes don't match with the working files on my work computer. As a matter of fact the p700_typos-file is the size 0kb on my home machine. Also when I try to copy these files manually from the install cd, it reports problems with them.

So, now I'm mailing these files from the succesfull installation at work to my home computer, and try replacing the damaged files there...we'll see what happens. I'll let you know as soon as I find out!
YES! That solved it. Now, if your p700_typos.cxt is 0kb in size, you have a faulty installation (due to CD-drive, maybe). That's it, off to IGNIS! If anyone is still having problems with this thing, let me know and I'll tell what you need to do..!
Old 02-18-2004, 11:18 PM   #83

Default Vari

I never could solve Vari puzzle without the sound tool, but found a savegame from IM home page/Game/Downloads. The save game text was in French, but the save worked fine and helped me to Ignis.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:49 AM   #84

Send a message via MSN to frigida
Default thanks!

I found out that by dragging the box it stops "waving" and I can drag it in the direction I want :-) finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacardiJim
Bish: This is the same type of Macromedia Director script error I hit that forced me to restart the game from scratch. I have since learned that there is a patch for the game available from some European site. I don't know if it will help you or not.

Frigida: All I can tell you is that in one of the later levels of Zocha, I found that I had to completely disconnect the box once or twice and let it free-fall for a second before quickly attaching a rubber band to it. I recall that this was the only way to get it around the first curve of one of the levels.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:53 AM   #85

Send a message via ICQ to Lizzy Send a message via MSN to Lizzy
Default Yaaay

I did it!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 03:15 PM   #86

Send a message via MSN to Twisted.alice
Default Space game??

i cant remember what its called but its like one of the last puzzles - its a shoot them up game with a maze too...

any one know how to get round it? i keep gettin killed on one part - i keep the mouse dead still - got a touch pad you see so dont need to move it when its in the right place and the little shipy thingy still wobbles all over the shop i really dont know what to do!!
Old 02-25-2004, 09:49 PM   #87

Default bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ou812
I've been having the exact same problem and it has been driving me mad for two days now. I think I have the solution now.

You see, I have this problem on my home computer but not on my work computer so I did a little comparison of the IM directory on both computers and this is what I found out:

The files p701_doll.cxt, p700_typos.cxt and p700_round.cxt are not installed properly on my home computer. The sizes don't match with the working files on my work computer. As a matter of fact the p700_typos-file is the size 0kb on my home machine. Also when I try to copy these files manually from the install cd, it reports problems with them.

So, now I'm mailing these files from the succesfull installation at work to my home computer, and try replacing the damaged files there...we'll see what happens. I'll let you know as soon as I find out!
Good thinking!!! I have tried in vein to get any viable support from UBI-Soft, they even changed my question status to solved before they even sent me a reply!
Thanks for your post
Old 04-12-2004, 05:26 AM   #88
Rai

HELP!!!! I HAve FINISHED THE FINAL GAME! WHERE IS THE EMAIL THEY SAID THEY'D SEND? ARGGGHHH! AND NOT JUST THAT! THEY STOPPED SENDING EMAILS AFTER THE FIRE PUZZLES
Old 04-13-2004, 09:32 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai
HELP!!!! I HAve FINISHED THE FINAL GAME! WHERE IS THE EMAIL THEY SAID THEY'D SEND? ARGGGHHH! AND NOT JUST THAT! THEY STOPPED SENDING EMAILS AFTER THE FIRE PUZZLES
it comes a few days after
Old 05-18-2004, 03:25 PM   #90

Default Vari is making me crazy!

I've read through the other threads but can't find the help I need, I'm on the second part of Vari where you get the message "The Holy Path will appear when silence prevails." only I can make it silent!

I've found a pic of how the tabs are supposed to look but I just can't get them right... it's getting so bad now that I'm starting to hallucinate sounds whilst trying to solve the puzzle

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Sarah
Old 06-06-2004, 08:38 AM   #91

Hi all,
I bought the game IM a couple of days ago, but i got some problems with installing it.. Maybe you guys have some answers:
First of all, the installation took about 2 hours, is that normal??
After i installed the game and want to start it, it gives a couple of errors and then crashes!! Anyone experienced the same thing and if so what to do about it??
Old 06-06-2004, 08:55 AM   #92
Banned User

You got a bad install. You will have to uninstall and reinstall. Make sure you have all background programs like anti-virus, instant message programs, etc. turned off during the installation.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:24 AM   #93

Default Vari puzzle 2nd part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster
I have another question concerning the Vari-puzzle. I did the first step (the "umbra etc."-spoiler part), but now I'm stuck again: I can't get past the second stage, because I can't fill in anything. I can turn the circles, and it does affect the sound, but that's all.
Who can help me?

I too am struggling with this. Did you get anywhere with it?
Old 06-24-2004, 09:11 AM   #94

Default Tredmill bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilwoman
Ok....does anyone have any idea how you control the bug on the treadmill in Amphatab? 'Cos I've tried different pill combinations and so far it'll only turn the middle treadmill!!
Leave the red pills alone and stay away from the bug when it feeds or it will run away. A yellow followed by a green will move RH treadmill. Blue then yellow move LH treadmill and Green and blue move centre treadmill. Just keep moving them until you get the numbers you need.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:23 AM   #95

Default Stingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
We're all pretty sick of the slew of In Memoriam hint threads. So here is the ONE thread where In Memoriam hints can be discussed. Please put [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces) tags around your hints/solutions.

Unfortunately, the link someone posted to the In Memoriam walkthrough has been lost, so it would be great if someone would post that again.

All In Memoriam hint threads outside of this one will be deleted. Also, please use this thread only for discussing In Memoriam hints; unrelated posts will be removed so as to avoid thread swelling. Thanks for understanding.

- Evan
I'm new to thread mill hints, but well into In Memoriam and could help others. I would happily put [ ] around stingers if I new what a stinger was.

Daisy Bonnet.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:32 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuula
I never could solve Vari puzzle without the sound tool, but found a savegame from IM home page/Game/Downloads. The save game text was in French, but the save worked fine and helped me to Ignis.
Hi Tuula, glad you made it to Ignis. Unfortunately I am not sufficiently intellectually equipped to mess with files and things, sad or what? Can you, or anyone else, just quietly tell me password so I can move on? Please!!! I'm getting so frusrated.

Daisy Bonnet
Old 07-01-2004, 01:28 AM   #97

Default Where is everybody?

Where are you??? I've been logging in everyday and no-one seems to be playing. Are you all finished or have you given up? How about those 'bugs' and who knows the secret of Vari 2? Lets hear from you.
Daisy
Old 07-07-2004, 01:16 PM   #98

Default PEPISOTH - help!

Ok, I'm not the best with sound puzzles, hearing problem and all...

But I can't figure out the EXACT location where I have to make the design for each symbol - Sun, Venus, Jupiter...I know what each one is supposed to look like, but I can't figure out where to place the 5 circles to make the designs

Any help, on like specific location would be very helpful!!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:24 PM   #99

Default Ending Movie?

During the final challege, it requests access to my PC to play a video clip, I am assuming? But nothing played back, even after I allowed access. Did I miss something, or is it a bug?
Old 07-07-2004, 09:46 PM   #100
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu
During the final challege, it requests access to my PC to play a video clip, I am assuming? But nothing played back, even after I allowed access. Did I miss something, or is it a bug?
If you have a pop-up stopper, it may have prevented the page from loading. Turn off your pop-up stopper.