You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems The In Memoriam hint/walkthrough thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2003, 09:18 AM   #1
Retirement is stupid

Default The In Memoriam hint/walkthrough thread

We're all pretty sick of the slew of In Memoriam hint threads. So here is the ONE thread where In Memoriam hints can be discussed. Please put [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces) tags around your hints/solutions.

Unfortunately, the link someone posted to the In Memoriam walkthrough has been lost, so it would be great if someone would post that again.

All In Memoriam hint threads outside of this one will be deleted. Also, please use this thread only for discussing In Memoriam hints; unrelated posts will be removed so as to avoid thread swelling. Thanks for understanding.

- Evan

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 11-07-2003, 09:34 AM   #2
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
We're all pretty sick of the slew of In Memoriam hint threads. So here is the ONE thread where In Memoriam hints can be discussed. Please put [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces) tags around your hints/solutions.

Unfortunately, the link someone posted to the In Memoriam walkthrough has been lost, so it would be great if someone would post that again.

All In Memoriam hint threads outside of this one will be deleted. Also, please use this thread only for discussing In Memoriam hints; unrelated posts will be removed so as to avoid thread swelling. Thanks for understanding.

- Evan
Ok, here is the In Memoriam walkthrough link...
http://shaamaan.neostrada.pl/In_Memoriam_Guide.txt
Why did my previous link get deleted? I thought it was helping?

Most new users will just post a "help with fire thingie puzzle" anyway... as if it wasn't hard enoough to help...

Oh well, I sincerely hope this thread helps... The main problem is that since it hasn't been released in the US yet, only european gamers can help.... And I'm afraid I'm the only forum member here that joined BEFORE In Memoriam that is willing to help...
Old 11-12-2003, 05:48 PM   #3
Banned User

I've just completed In Memoriam and I am completely willing to help. I was forced to use the shaamaan site once, as I couldn't understand how one arrived at the number 77. (Even after seeing the walkthrough it didn't help me understand the solution... until it came to me in my sleep that night.)

Look for the one-and-only North American review of IM here soon!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:29 PM   #4

Default Agia Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacardiJim
I've just completed In Memoriam and I am completely willing to help. I was forced to use the shaamaan site once, as I couldn't understand how one arrived at the number 77. (Even after seeing the walkthrough it didn't help me understand the solution... until it came to me in my sleep that night.)

Look for the one-and-only North American review of IM here soon!
I can't go on with the Agia Sophia lights. How must I do this?
Old 11-15-2003, 01:24 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to monster
Default Vari

I have another question concerning the Vari-puzzle. I did the first step (the "umbra etc."-spoiler part), but now I'm stuck again: I can't get past the second stage, because I can't fill in anything. I can turn the circles, and it does affect the sound, but that's all.
Who can help me?
Old 11-15-2003, 04:40 AM   #6
Jen

I had good luck with Agia Sophia by
Spoiler:
making all of the dots touch the dashed line just to the right of the words "agia sophia."

On the Vari puzzle, the object is
Spoiler:
to isolate a certain sound by turning off all of the other sounds.
Old 11-15-2003, 06:57 AM   #7
Banned User

In my case, what worked for the Hagia Sopia puzzle was:
Spoiler:
Grouping the lights as tightly as possible low enough that they did not illuminate the top dotted line of the square
Old 11-15-2003, 08:10 PM   #8

Default Agia Sophia

It works!!! Thanks BacardiJim had the correct solution
Old 11-16-2003, 02:56 AM   #9

Send a message via MSN to Devilwoman
Default Saint Sophia Levhas

Hi everyone.......I'm new to the game and theses forums!

Can anyone help me with the levhas, please........I've got the walkthrough but still doesn't make sense to me..... Maybe I'm missing something or else I'm looking for some complicated solution.....anyway it's driving me ...so please help me out..
Old 11-16-2003, 11:06 AM   #10
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to jamesfoti

Yeah i dont understand the walkthrough either
Old 11-16-2003, 04:43 PM   #11
Banned User

Sorry to be so slow in responding. The walkthrough does over-complicate this. Number the levhas (discs) A-H from left to right as they appear when you first enter the puzzle. Number the spots where you can put them 1-4 from left to right along the northern/top side of the floor plan, and 5-8 from left to right along the southern/bottom side. The solution now is:
Spoiler:
A-8, B-6, C-5, D-2, E-1, F-3, G-4, H-7

If you screw up this puzzle, you can leave and come back to it and the levhas will be reset.

I don't believe that there is any particular website to look at for visual help with this puzzle. I had to cross reference photos of Hagia Sophia's interior from three different sites for a solution.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:08 AM   #12

Default In Memoriam Subos Skeleton Help

Guys I Have a very big problem....I need the solution of subos puzzle at IN MEMORIAM....it's unfair ...I was saty awake so much and I solved so many puzzles and now I can't find anything to do with subos puzzle...please if anyone has a suggestion or the photo of the skeleton please contact me...THANX!
Old 11-17-2003, 03:18 AM   #13
Banned User

The SUBOS puzzle is (I discovered yesterday) the game's one glitch. As you may know by now:
Spoiler:
You need to make the doll's skeleton look like the skeleton on the cover of the box of matches. But if you leave the puzzle and come back to it, the picture of the skeleton on the matchbox is no longer there.

However, all is not lost, Babsi! Read below for some help.
Spoiler:
The skeleton is posed with his head tilted to the right. His left arm comes more or less straight out, then bends back and up at the elbow so his hand is touching his cheek. The right arm comes pretty much straight down along his body with the hand tilted slightly out. Left thigh comes out about 90 degrees, then angles back toward groin and down. Right knee is bent up to around the center of the ribcage, then back down in a peak. Feet are crossed at the ankles with right foot in front. Note that you can bend the arms and legs at three places, upper bone, lower bone, and foot/hand. Any time you get a bone in the right spot, you will hear a signal sound. Start with the head, as it is easiest. Slowly tilt it to your right (the skeleton's left) until you hear the sound, and you will know what to listen for. Turn up your speakers and listen carefully. This description and the sound when you hit the right spot should help you out.

I hope this helps you out.

Last edited by BacardiJim; 11-17-2003 at 03:26 AM.
Old 11-17-2003, 03:55 AM   #14

Default problems

Hello,
i'm just new here. What i wanne ask, i have In Memoriam, whats a verry freaky game. But now i've got to Sobus, or Subus and i get the error: "There is an illegal castmember (member 138 of player - cost 14) in this movie".
I installed the patche but it won't work, what must i do know?
Old 11-17-2003, 04:26 AM   #15
Banned User

I did not know there was a patch available. In fact, I looked all over for one when I hit my own game glitch. Are you playing the UK/English language version?

I have a couple of suggestions. First, try exiting the game and restarting it, then go back to the puzzle. This may get you around the error. If that doesn't work, I BELIEVE that if you use the Uninstall utility, one of the options is to "repair" your installation. If that doesn't work either, then you will likely be stuck doing the same thing I did... uninstalling and reinstalling the game and starting over from scratch.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:58 PM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to monster

And here I am again... Jen en BJ helped me out perfectly fine with the Vari-puzzle, thanks. But now I came upon a technical problem. After defeating AER and going into IGNIS, I get this message: DIRECTOR PLAYER ERROR, CUBISOF~1\...\p700_typos.cxt IS NOT A DIRECTOR FILE. The game stops right away then, and when I restart it, I'm just stuck with a static unclickable screen. Now I took the file out, but I'm afraid I have to start all over again, mustn't I? Any suggestions, other then uninstalling and reinstalling and starting from scratch?
Old 11-18-2003, 12:22 AM   #17
Super Moderator

It took me a while to find again, but you can find the 2.1 patch here (along with the 1.1 patch too). Another thing you could try would be to reinstall quicktime which director player is part of (that's what ubisoft asked me to try when I had some problems).
Old 11-18-2003, 12:31 AM   #18

Send a message via MSN to Devilwoman

Ok....does anyone have any idea how you control the bug on the treadmill in Amphatab? 'Cos I've tried different pill combinations and so far it'll only turn the middle treadmill!!
Old 11-18-2003, 03:30 AM   #19

Default Isy

I've figured out what I need to enter but not all the right letters are available, am I just being stupid?!!

Em
Old 11-18-2003, 07:01 AM   #20
Banned User

I never was able to make the bug go where I wanted. It MAY have to do with what color pills you feed it. You can always chase it off of the wrong treadmill by clicking on the bug before it starts running on the treadmill (or as soon as you see it running to the wrong one).