You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Games you just reinstalled!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #21
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Funnily enough, I've also recently reinstalled Realms of the Haunting - it's my main game to take on my netbook to Australia, actually, since I bought it a while back but haven't got around to diving into it yet, despite installing it on my last computer and getting it to work.

What I've played of it is extremely interesting.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #22

Send a message via MSN to L-Jazz

Reinstalled The Curse of Monkey Island a couple of days ago and I'm loving every minute of it! I'm up at the volcano and I'm gonna make myself a nice Tofu costume soon

(I'm kind of in a MI mood right now, recently finished Chapter 1 of Tales and just started the Special Edition of SoMI. Never played the first or second of the series so it's rather nice playing the game where it all started )
Old 07-20-2009, 10:39 PM   #23
Caffein Queen

And I just reinstalled Paradise, since it came cheap on BigFish.
Didn't wanna have the hassle of getting it to work on my new machine, so this was the easy solution

Have forgotten a lot of this game, but enjoys it immensely.

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 07-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #24
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Reinstalled Guild Wars. Went out and bought the Complete Collection pack, in fact, since until now I've only had the first campaign.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:31 AM   #25
Failed Birthday Elf

Shivers (the first one). Forgot how much I enjoyed that game when I finally got into it.

Also Age of Empires - still love it!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #26

Tomb Raider 2. Love it, brings me good memories.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #27

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Broken Sword 1. I hope that this time I can get through it. I was never a fan, to be honest, but maybe it's because I can get past the horrible Italian voices and George's slow pace.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 07-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #28
Lazy Bee

I recently re-installed Still Life since I've ordered Still Life 2 and need to fresh up on the story to be able to fully enjoy the sequel.

And yes, I intend to enjoy that game, so no need to tell me that it sucks.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Broken Sword 1. I hope that this time I can get through it. I was never a fan, to be honest, but maybe it's because I can get past the horrible Italian voices and George's slow pace.
The Italian voices may sound horrible because they're intended to be French XD
Old 07-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #30
Welsh Dude

Theme Hospital for me.

I'm on the last but one level, the furthest I've ever gotten since the game first came out in 97!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #31
Stalker of Britain

I'm giving Syberia a 2nd try. I hear it's a classic of course, but there seems to be hardly any story or good characters, which is most important to me.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-24-2009, 01:47 AM   #32

Reinstalled the first Age of Empires and Operation Stealth.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:30 AM   #33
XXJ

Default The Secret of the Silver Earring

I just reinstalled "The Secret of the Silver Earring".
Because of the many sentences, I gave up the game before.
But. You know, many review article says good things about this game.

So, I recently begun to try this game again.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:48 AM   #34
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I'm giving Syberia a 2nd try. I hear it's a classic of course, but there seems to be hardly any story or good characters, which is most important to me.
Wait, what? What do you mean it hardly has any story or good characters? That exactly what Syberia is all about.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #35
Stalker of Britain

I'm sorry. I haven't played too much into it, of course, but none of the characters really stick out for me, and I don't hear too good of things about the actual story. It doesn't seem to "kick it up a notch", at least to me of course, and just continues to be about finding Hans, correct? Please, I would love it if you could correct me. Send me a PM if you'd like, because I really wanted to like this game.

I've also just "replayed" (since I don't uninstall) the "Myst" original. The water is pretty static, but I still love it.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #36
Banned User

Quote:
I'm sorry. I haven't played too much into it, of course, but none of the characters really stick out for me, and I don't hear too good of things about the actual story. It doesn't seem to "kick it up a notch", at least to me of course, and just continues to be about finding Hans, correct? Please, I would love it if you could correct me. Send me a PM if you'd like, because I really wanted to like this game.

I've also just "replayed" (since I don't uninstall) the "Myst" original. The water is pretty static, but I still love it.
Well you have to see Syberia 1 and 2 as one game. First being finding Hans, and the second going to Syberia.

A story is a story, but even if the first game is about finding Hans, there is a lot of lore and atmosphere being built while playing the game. If you haven't found your first companion for the game, then you seriously haven't seen how great the game's characters are.

Honestly, if you haven't play the whole game. There is no reason for you to judge the game, unless its broken or badly made. *cough*Nancy Drew*cough*lol
Old 07-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #37

Quote:
because I really wanted to like this game.
You're not the only one. I've reinstalled and fired up the first Syberia a few times but I just cannot get into it. The intro FMV was a good introduction, but it just doesn't throw you into the story the same way other more successful games do (BS1, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle). Too slow and not punchy enough.

Also Kate Walker, like April from TLJ, just annoyed me. I can't stand these whiney women with emotional problems. More women like Vic McPherson and Heather from SH3.

P.S. I'm not a misogynist.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #38
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
Honestly, if you haven't play the whole game. There is no reason for you to judge the game, unless its broken or badly made. *cough*Nancy Drew*cough*lol
I really am not trying to judge the game. If I was, I would have sold it back on Amazon without trying to figure out myself if I like it or not. I'm trying not to judge it, it just doesn't seem like the plot is too interesting. I'm sorry, that's just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
You're not the only one. I've reinstalled and fired up the first Syberia a few times but I just cannot get into it. The intro FMV was a good introduction, but it just doesn't throw you into the story the same way other more successful games do (BS1, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle).

Also Kate Walker, like April from TLJ, just annoyed me.
I know! The graphics are gorgeous, and I really liked the beginning. And I actually liked April fron TLJ, so I don't really have a problem with Kate.

Man, I have been jumping from game to game right now. I finished playing Myst, and now I'm restarting the Kings Quest Collection, since I've only played the 1st and 5th game, and I hear how wonderful the series is, of course.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #39

Do you play the original King's Quests or the VGA remakes? I've played them both last year or so and they're great.

I re-installed almost all my old games a couple of weeks a go. Don't know when I'll get around to play them, though. I got nostalgic after playing the free episode (Abe Lincoln must Die) of Sam & Max (can't get the entire game 'cause it's download only and I don't yet have the facilities). So I installed all the old Lucasfilm/LucasArts adventure games using ScummVM, Gabriel Knight 3 (which I finished already) and The Longest Journey which I'm currently playing.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 07-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #40
Stalker of Britain

Well, I played the VGA remake of the 1st game, since the graphics were so much more realistic, but the rest I played the originals. I actually got used to and even started to like the graphics of the early games.