Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Games you just reinstalled! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/24506-games-you-just-reinstalled.html)

SYLver 04-21-2009 02:10 AM

Games you just reinstalled!

Games you just reinstalled for Nostalgia or Fun factor :D

What game are you re-playing? and Why?

I just reinstalled The longest journey and want to hear the story again, and basically i forgot 70% of the game :lol: it was a long time ago i played it and never actually finished it!

DustyShinigami 04-21-2009 03:48 AM

Reinstalled Sam & Max - Season One yesterday and completed the first episode. Decided to go through the season again whilst i'm waiting for the release of Season Two, but i've decided against it as i'm only going to go through them again on XBLA.

I also reinstalled Riven the other week as i was trying to help FantasySci5 get her version to work.

Terramax 04-21-2009 04:35 AM

Reinstalled 'Sanitarium' on Sunday so I could show it to a friend. We're on the 4th chapter now and, when he had to leave, he didn't want to. He loves it so far.

Fantasysci5 04-21-2009 07:22 AM

Thanks Alucard. :P

If I really like a game, I don't uninstall it. But I have recently reinstalled Syberia to give it another chance, since I didn't like playing the first 10 minutes of it last time.

MdaG 04-21-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard (Post 505358)
Reinstalled Sam & Max - Season One yesterday and completed the first episode. Decided to go through the season again whilst i'm waiting for the release of Season Two, but i've decided against it as i'm only going to go through them again on XBLA.

I also reinstalled Riven the other week as i was trying to help FantasySci5 get her version to work.

They're coming to XBLA !?

Dale Baldwin 04-21-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MdaG (Post 505392)

Yep, but retitled.

MdaG 04-21-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin (Post 505396)

Sweet!

AndreaDraco83 04-21-2009 09:43 AM

Reinstalled Laura Bow 2 - The Dagger of Amon Ra, this time well intentioned in finishing it. I'm loving every minute of it!

DustyShinigami 04-21-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MdaG (Post 505392)

Aye. No release date has been announced for either Sam & Max or Wallace & Gromit yet. I just hope it's soon.

Despite the fact i've already got them on PC, i can't resist to try them on the 360. I'm curious how well the controls will be implemented and there'll be at least 12 achievements to obtain for each one. :D

Hillseeker 04-23-2009 01:35 AM

Recently I had an urge for a old action RPG game so I reinstalled Divine Divinity.

ggreen737 05-04-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYLver (Post 505353)
Games you just reinstalled for Nostalgia or Fun factor :D

What game are you re-playing? and Why?

I just reinstalled The longest journey and want to hear the story again, and basically i forgot 70% of the game :lol: it was a long time ago i played it and never actually finished it!

You lucky SOB. I've played the game so many times over the years, I can't forget the plot :frusty: I think I'm making a pact with myself not to play TLJ until 2015, or maybe 2051 on my deathbed.....

Mayboy 05-12-2009 08:53 AM

Sanitarium and Realms of the Haunting.

thejobloshow 05-15-2009 07:15 AM

Reinstalled Facade to show off the A.I. to a friend. It's been close to four year and I don't know if its technology has truly been played with in other games.

OutlawJim 05-20-2009 04:53 PM

Just reinstalled Secret Files, cus I bought the second one this weekend, but never actually finished the first one. So now I'm gonna play through the first one before I let myself touch 2.

reneuend 05-27-2009 04:35 PM

I got the re-release of Space Quest series last year. It's hard to believe I thought the graphics were so good back then!

Terramax 06-26-2009 12:54 AM

Reinstalled Psychonauts yesterday and have just entered the mind of the Lungfish (just over halfway through the game then). I've been off ill for 3 days and have nothing better to do.

Classy game, although I've not laughed as much this time round, which means I've played Psychonauts through one too many times already.

sTyLnK 06-26-2009 10:37 AM

I just reinstalled The Longest Journey. It's not so long, what are people talking about.. ;)

kadji-kun 06-26-2009 02:24 PM

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Myst series, Post-Mortem, and Realms of the Haunting (one of the most original and best first person shooter adventure horror game. Its just an experience no other game can offer)

@Mayboy: Haha, what the. Finally read your post. What a freaking coincidence. Such a forgotten game and yet we both are replaying it.

Terramax 06-28-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadji-kun (Post 514595)
Realms of the Haunting (one of the most original and best first person shooter adventure horror game. Its just an experience no other game can offer.

This is one of those games I wish I'd played back in the day. Shame it looks so primative now. I don't think I'd get over the graphics and controls to enjoy it now.

kadji-kun 06-29-2009 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terramax (Post 514774)
This is one of those games I wish I'd played back in the day. Shame it looks so primative now. I don't think I'd get over the graphics and controls to enjoy it now.

I think it still looks great. The controls though have some issues, since i'm so used to the WASD control scheme.

This game had the most groundbreaking visuals for the time, yet it wasn't noticed for that. Such an underrated adventure. It was so interesting to introduce a lot of the Adventure game features like Looking at objects, interacting and collecting items to solve a puzzle.

Also I loved the ability to control the aiming of the gun, sort of like Trespasser, but without the bad controls.

The fmv's were quite well done too. I really wish this game can get a OpenGL frontend. That would be really sweet.