Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Games you just reinstalled! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/24506-games-you-just-reinstalled.html)

C_Knight 07-30-2009 11:23 AM

Fallout 3. Got bored of the repetitive sewer traversing gameplay, but decided to give it another shot. Spending more time away from the main quest is more enjoyable this time around. Looking forward to the DLCs.

Gledster 07-31-2009 02:32 AM

I've finally managed to get The Moment Of Silence working on my PC again. I LOVE the look of this game but it's taking me a while to get anywhere!

SoccerDude28 08-10-2009 08:04 AM

The new telltale games have reinvigorated my excitement for adventure games so I went back and reinstalled Broken Sword. I am replaying it right now using scummvm

Fantasysci5 08-10-2009 09:15 AM

I've just reinstalled "Battle for Middle Earth 2", since I had taken it off to save some space. I had totally forgotten there was a campaign I could play. :o

DanielleR 08-12-2009 09:16 AM

Reinstalled Max Payne 2 to get some steam off the other day. Anyone thinks watching the movie is worth it?

Little Writer 08-12-2009 11:00 PM

I've heard nothing but bad things about that movie. Trailer looked sweet, though. I won't go out of my way to see it, but I won't pass it on should I get the chance.

Roper Klacks 08-13-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielleR (Post 519856)
Reinstalled Max Payne 2 to get some steam off the other day. Anyone thinks watching the movie is worth it?

Nop. Awful movie, specially if you liked the games.

L-Jazz 08-18-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gledster (Post 518634)
I've finally managed to get The Moment Of Silence working on my PC again. I LOVE the look of this game but it's taking me a while to get anywhere!

I've started playing that one as well, I'm reviewing for another adventure site. Only problem for me is that I find it pretty boring, uninteresting main character and low interactivity with the world around. I do love the graphics and the setting though, really hope it will grow on me :)

Little Writer 08-19-2009 07:52 AM

I tried to install Police Quest 4, but when I ran it through Dosbox the mouse stopped working?

It's not really a re-install, because I never played it before.

AndreaDraco83 08-19-2009 08:28 AM

In addition to use Collector's Installer for the game (or the collection), I suggest that you take a look at this page.

Citizen Arcane 08-19-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielleR (Post 519856)

No. The movie managed to suck all of the winking sense of humor and irony of the games, not to mention the sense of over-the-top drama and fun. Which leaves de-saturated visuals, corny dialogue, a random cameo by a surprisingly hefty Chris O'Donnell, and like... two gunfights, both of which are underwhelming.

I seriously liked Hitman more. Hitman.

Citizen Arcane 08-19-2009 11:19 AM

Also, to answer the OP:

I just bought Half-Life 2 Episode 2, as it was on sale on Steam for $5. But, of course, this means that I have to go play through Half-Life 2 and Episode 1 first.

So I just reinstalled those.

So good.

Pinchpenny 08-20-2009 03:13 PM

I reinstalled Broken Sword 3 yesterday after losing my save file a while back due to a hard drive failure. I never did go back to it (I was around thirty minutes in), but I've decided to focus on seeing the game through, despite the personality that was so prominent in the first two not being carried through to this game.

Fantasysci5 08-21-2009 09:20 AM

I just reinstalled Petz 5. These animals act so realistic, and I just found all of these fan-made hexes to put on the game, like coca cola drinks and stuff! :D

Crunchy in milk 08-31-2009 05:58 PM

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.

I re-installed Bloodlines for a shooter with light-on RPG elements. Its a very short game too which is a plus. I'm actually having more fun editing the controlling text files in the /system/vdata folder. Spreading the 'disciplines' around and making powers easier to use (no or lower cost, longer duration).

I really like this growing trend in tweaking gameplay to suit individual players, well beyond a basic difficulty slider.

SYLver 11-22-2009 04:46 AM

just reinstalled Fable the lost chapters, its one of my fav games, the setting and the choice of been good and evil is great!, i think i`ll go with evil this time xD,

nikdevid 11-22-2009 09:24 PM

Hey guys,

I had reinstalled my oldest game GTA 4, because i can't save my profile at the ending of the day.. Due to this problem i can't complete Liberty City missions.. so, i reinstalled this one game...