You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Games you just reinstalled!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2009, 02:10 AM   #1

Default Games you just reinstalled!

Games you just reinstalled for Nostalgia or Fun factor

What game are you re-playing? and Why?

I just reinstalled The longest journey and want to hear the story again, and basically i forgot 70% of the game :lol: it was a long time ago i played it and never actually finished it!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:48 AM   #2
The Quiet One

Reinstalled Sam & Max - Season One yesterday and completed the first episode. Decided to go through the season again whilst i'm waiting for the release of Season Two, but i've decided against it as i'm only going to go through them again on XBLA.

I also reinstalled Riven the other week as i was trying to help FantasySci5 get her version to work.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-21-2009, 04:35 AM   #3

Reinstalled 'Sanitarium' on Sunday so I could show it to a friend. We're on the 4th chapter now and, when he had to leave, he didn't want to. He loves it so far.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #4
Stalker of Britain

Thanks Alucard.

If I really like a game, I don't uninstall it. But I have recently reinstalled Syberia to give it another chance, since I didn't like playing the first 10 minutes of it last time.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #5
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Reinstalled Sam & Max - Season One yesterday and completed the first episode. Decided to go through the season again whilst i'm waiting for the release of Season Two, but i've decided against it as i'm only going to go through them again on XBLA.

I also reinstalled Riven the other week as i was trying to help FantasySci5 get her version to work.
They're coming to XBLA !?
Old 04-21-2009, 09:17 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
Yep, but retitled.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #7
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
Sweet!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #8

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Reinstalled Laura Bow 2 - The Dagger of Amon Ra, this time well intentioned in finishing it. I'm loving every minute of it!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 04-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #9
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
Aye. No release date has been announced for either Sam & Max or Wallace & Gromit yet. I just hope it's soon.

Despite the fact i've already got them on PC, i can't resist to try them on the 360. I'm curious how well the controls will be implemented and there'll be at least 12 achievements to obtain for each one.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-23-2009, 01:35 AM   #10

Recently I had an urge for a old action RPG game so I reinstalled Divine Divinity.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYLver View Post
Games you just reinstalled for Nostalgia or Fun factor

What game are you re-playing? and Why?

I just reinstalled The longest journey and want to hear the story again, and basically i forgot 70% of the game :lol: it was a long time ago i played it and never actually finished it!
You lucky SOB. I've played the game so many times over the years, I can't forget the plot I think I'm making a pact with myself not to play TLJ until 2015, or maybe 2051 on my deathbed.....
Old 05-12-2009, 08:53 AM   #12

Send a message via MSN to Mayboy

Sanitarium and Realms of the Haunting.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:15 AM   #13

Reinstalled Facade to show off the A.I. to a friend. It's been close to four year and I don't know if its technology has truly been played with in other games.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #14
Confused

Just reinstalled Secret Files, cus I bought the second one this weekend, but never actually finished the first one. So now I'm gonna play through the first one before I let myself touch 2.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #15
Adventure Game Developer

I got the re-release of Space Quest series last year. It's hard to believe I thought the graphics were so good back then!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:54 AM   #16

Reinstalled Psychonauts yesterday and have just entered the mind of the Lungfish (just over halfway through the game then). I've been off ill for 3 days and have nothing better to do.

Classy game, although I've not laughed as much this time round, which means I've played Psychonauts through one too many times already.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #17
Adventure Dude =]

I just reinstalled The Longest Journey. It's not so long, what are people talking about..

Last Game Finished: Memento Mori, Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

Games Recently Finished: Art of Murder - The Hunt for the Puppeteer, Secret Files 2, Still Life 2
Old 06-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #18
Banned User

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Myst series, Post-Mortem, and Realms of the Haunting (one of the most original and best first person shooter adventure horror game. Its just an experience no other game can offer)

@Mayboy: Haha, what the. Finally read your post. What a freaking coincidence. Such a forgotten game and yet we both are replaying it.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
Realms of the Haunting (one of the most original and best first person shooter adventure horror game. Its just an experience no other game can offer.

This is one of those games I wish I'd played back in the day. Shame it looks so primative now. I don't think I'd get over the graphics and controls to enjoy it now.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:02 AM   #20
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
This is one of those games I wish I'd played back in the day. Shame it looks so primative now. I don't think I'd get over the graphics and controls to enjoy it now.
I think it still looks great. The controls though have some issues, since i'm so used to the WASD control scheme.

This game had the most groundbreaking visuals for the time, yet it wasn't noticed for that. Such an underrated adventure. It was so interesting to introduce a lot of the Adventure game features like Looking at objects, interacting and collecting items to solve a puzzle.

Also I loved the ability to control the aiming of the gun, sort of like Trespasser, but without the bad controls.

The fmv's were quite well done too. I really wish this game can get a OpenGL frontend. That would be really sweet.