You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Console of choice?

View Poll Results: Main gaming console
Playstation 3 6 13.95%
Playstation 2 6 13.95%
Playstation 1 2.33%
Nintendo 8 bit 1 2.33%
Nintendo 16 bit 0 0%
Nintendo 64 bit 1 2.33%
Nintendo Gamecube 1 2.33%
Nintendo Wii 3 6.98%
XBOX 1 2.33%
XBOX 360 11 25.58%
Dreamcast 1 2.33%
PSP 0 0%
Nintendo DS 9 20.93%
I play them all! 2 4.65%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #21
Seth Balmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
I'll be getting a PS3 soon enough, but I'll skip on the X360 until the X360-Slim is released.
Maybe that one won't "WROOOOM!" on me.

Lol They won’t release an Xbox 360 slimline. However, it is almost a given that Sony will release a PlayStation 3 Slimline and hopefully they decide to put in the backwards-compatibility again.

Anyway, my Xbox 360 works perfectly fine.

Here is an article that some of you might be interested in:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/824/824183p1.html

^ Every new Xbox 360 you buy today should now have the new Falcon Chip. To be double sure though, you can check the Serial Number on the box before you buy an Xbox 360; to see if you have it.

I bought my Xbox 360 in December 2006, so I do not have the new Falcon chip but I do not mind. I am happy with mine.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #22
gin soaked boy

I only have a PS2, but I'm getting a 360 in a week and I expect it to become my main gaming platform, even dethroning the mighty PC. It already has an amazing selection of games and the largest number of upcoming releases that interest me. PC is still the king when it comes to experimental indie gems, though.

Also, I fully expect a slim edition of Xbox 360 within the next two or three years. Allegedly they're already working on a version that combines the CPU and the GPU on a single, tiny chip.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #23
Master of time and space

This looks interesting.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:19 AM   #24

Send a message via ICQ to CLiCK!

I play on Nintendo 64, MegaDrive, SNES, XBOX, Wii, PlayStation 1/2 and some portables, but my favourite is PlayStation 2. Thanks to Okami and Shadow of Colossus.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:44 AM   #25
MaStER of DaRkNeSs

I have them all but I would have to say that the Xbox 360 is my favourite console this generation. PS3 is great too, and the Wii is a bit of fun, but the 360 has the best game lineup and excellent online service.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #26

I am enjoying the DS at the moment alot of good games from Touch Detective to Proffesor Lyton and any of the Pheonix games, it also means I can play it while laying in bed, I sleep in a loft bed so its a little hard to play ps2 while in bed.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:21 AM   #27

PS3 is getting most of my hours at the moment due to GTA IV. The Wii had previously taken most of it and gets the award for most-played by me for this generation. The PS2 probably has the best game selection of any console EVER and it will not be beaten anytime soon. That sort of market dominance will likely never happen again. That said, I feel happiest when playing my DS. I REALLY wish more adventure titles and RPGs would release for it in the US. However, I am going to Europe this summer and plan to buy a ton of games that just are not released over here--can't wait to learn German!!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #28
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader View Post
I am enjoying the DS at the moment alot of good games from Touch Detective to Proffesor Lyton and any of the Pheonix games, it also means I can play it while laying in bed, I sleep in a loft bed so its a little hard to play ps2 while in bed.
Absolutely, there's nothing beats just laying in bed on a lazy Sunday morning with the DS and not a care in the world, just pure bliss.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 05-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #29

I have never owned any console but I'm tempted to buy a PS3...I could play and watch Blu-ray movies with my brand new Full-Hd 40" LCD.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #30
Banned User

Kind of funny I bought almost all the gameboys up until DS and now I will never buy one again, unless they take out the touch/double screen, because of their insitance on Japanese weirdness seeping into their products. The Wii is simply a child's toy, brought out at a much lower price than other new consoles to attract the parents and brought out with a bunch of rattles and pacifiers disguised by the industry as "innovative" game control mechanisms. Playstation 3 comes out forcing yet another media device with BluRay cranking up the cost of it in some misguided attempt to promote that specific media they have a lot invested in and even more now. And I just plain don't like Xbox 360, a magnet for idiots, punks and WOW players which are a blending of the first two options. So, I'd have to say Playstation 2 wins out for me. I can still play the PS1 games I have with out having to download a f**king patch (FOR MY CONSOLE!) and apparently they will be making games for PS2 for more than a while longer. As a person sticking with Nintendo from NES through GBA/Gamecube I never thought I would be wishing Sega would have won out in the end...

Codeguru
Old 05-23-2008, 12:54 AM   #31
Super Moderator

If you've got something to say about consoles, don't insult the people who happen to have bought a console you don't like.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #32
Banned User

If you wish to take it as an insult that is your own business. That is what I think, deal with it. And that is an insult since you are directly challenging my way of doing things...

Codeguru

PS- I never mentioned or replied to anyone specifically so if you wish to make it your business, you started it.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:18 PM   #33
Super Moderator

I will directly challenge your way of doing things, since that's my job.

I repeat, keep the generalising insults out of your posts. You may not have meant to, but you indirectly insulted every WOW player and xbox 360 owner on these forums.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #34
Master of time and space

Since I'm not a WOW-player or own a XBOX 360 I guess some don't think of me as an idiot...

Anyway, hows the Playstation 3, online, offline, noise level, joypad, price and what else you might attach to that machine compared to X360 or Wii?

My girlfriend just got her degree (and a job!) and we think about celebrating that with a large (>=50") TV and I need a HD console to go with that

I already own a PS2, PSP and Wii.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:19 AM   #35
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Nintendo DS has been my console of choice for quite long time now.

I rarely play with the Dreamcast anymore, it's mostly collecting dust these days, which is really wrong...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:19 AM   #36
MaStER of DaRkNeSs

Seriously theres no reason to NOT like any of the consoles. You can have personal opinions on which is best etc, but to simply hate one or more of them is silly really.

The Wii is a good system, though it is obviously aiming more at new and casual gamers, which is only a good thing. (Anything which helps the media realise that games are not all blood/death/kill is a GOOD thing.) I own a wii but I don't have many games for it, as many of them don't interest me, but still it is a decent system. I wouldn't reccomened a Wii for your main gaming system, for obvious reasons.

The PS3 is an interesting system, and will sell as a media centre and/or Blu Ray player as much a games console. Whether this is a good thing or not is personal opinion. I personally don't watch any Blu Ray movies so that aspect of it is useless to me. Also, at least in the UK, games often seem to be more expensive by about £10 on PS3, probably due to the Blu Ray again. That said, I think the PS3 is an excellent console which has and will have some brilliant exclusives. Games already out such as Uncharted are awesome, and upcoming games like Final Fantasy XIII and MGS4 can't be ignored. I am not so sure about the online service however, which brings me to the next system...

The Xbox 360 is my personal choice for the best system this generation. Basically, a lot of titles are released on the system, it has the best controller and obvioulsy the best online service. Xbox LIVE is amazing, I really love it. Built in functions to video chat and play online with such ease is something all the other systems lack. It is definately not full of WoW players (surely Halo PLayers), and idiots. Though yes, there are a lot of casual "xbox crowd" gamers who cling to this system, but just ignore them!

If you can afford it also I would reccomened a gaming PC, it doesnt have to be the most amazing thing in the world, just enough to play modern titles on medium or so settings. Ignore anybody online who gives "advice" on graphics cards as they ARE idiots, as they will tell you that anything costing less than £9999999 is total rubbish. I know from expereince that this is nonsense, as I have tested games like Crysis on cards they said wouldnt even play it on Low, and it played at like 30fps on Medium/High. So, as long as you have a decent setup, PC Gaming is a great way to get a MASSIVE selection of games, and cheaper too. Upgrading is not too hard, if you have a good PSU etc all you have to do is slot in a card now and then. (and not THAT often either.)

ANyway, if you had to get one of the consoles I am sorry but I would have to say the XBOX 360.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #37
Master of time and space

Comparing the development of recent X360 and PS3 titles, I've decided to buy a X360 again. I'm going to wait for the 60 Gb Pro version though. Maybe they're a bit more quiet than the one I sold off.

*edit*
Just changed my mind and ordered the Elite version.

Last edited by MdaG; 07-21-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:19 AM   #38

I own all systms each system has to offer something this year, but i am just keeping 360 for cheap thridparty games, since my 360 is modded.

Else for diversity in titles i love PS always, ps1 and 2 gave me really good times, too many different type of games and glad that they arent following same monotnous shooters path with ps3, unlike microsoft.

note: Don't buy elite go for PRO, PRO is being sold like hot cakes in my country since its hasnt given no redlight issue yet to anyone.
Its best model yet, take the advice if you want.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:20 AM   #39
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I've got a Wii, though I play Gamecube and Virtual Console games much more often than actual Wii games. There just aren't enough quality games for the system.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #40
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post
note: Don't buy elite go for PRO, PRO is being sold like hot cakes in my country since its hasnt given no redlight issue yet to anyone.
Its best model yet, take the advice if you want.
Too late
Oh well, if there are any issues there's still the warranty. From what I can tell the models you buy today don't have the same issues as the ones from early 2007.