View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 01:19 AM   #36
TezChi
MaStER of DaRkNeSs

Seriously theres no reason to NOT like any of the consoles. You can have personal opinions on which is best etc, but to simply hate one or more of them is silly really.

The Wii is a good system, though it is obviously aiming more at new and casual gamers, which is only a good thing. (Anything which helps the media realise that games are not all blood/death/kill is a GOOD thing.) I own a wii but I don't have many games for it, as many of them don't interest me, but still it is a decent system. I wouldn't reccomened a Wii for your main gaming system, for obvious reasons.

The PS3 is an interesting system, and will sell as a media centre and/or Blu Ray player as much a games console. Whether this is a good thing or not is personal opinion. I personally don't watch any Blu Ray movies so that aspect of it is useless to me. Also, at least in the UK, games often seem to be more expensive by about £10 on PS3, probably due to the Blu Ray again. That said, I think the PS3 is an excellent console which has and will have some brilliant exclusives. Games already out such as Uncharted are awesome, and upcoming games like Final Fantasy XIII and MGS4 can't be ignored. I am not so sure about the online service however, which brings me to the next system...

The Xbox 360 is my personal choice for the best system this generation. Basically, a lot of titles are released on the system, it has the best controller and obvioulsy the best online service. Xbox LIVE is amazing, I really love it. Built in functions to video chat and play online with such ease is something all the other systems lack. It is definately not full of WoW players (surely Halo PLayers), and idiots. Though yes, there are a lot of casual "xbox crowd" gamers who cling to this system, but just ignore them!

If you can afford it also I would reccomened a gaming PC, it doesnt have to be the most amazing thing in the world, just enough to play modern titles on medium or so settings. Ignore anybody online who gives "advice" on graphics cards as they ARE idiots, as they will tell you that anything costing less than £9999999 is total rubbish. I know from expereince that this is nonsense, as I have tested games like Crysis on cards they said wouldnt even play it on Low, and it played at like 30fps on Medium/High. So, as long as you have a decent setup, PC Gaming is a great way to get a MASSIVE selection of games, and cheaper too. Upgrading is not too hard, if you have a good PSU etc all you have to do is slot in a card now and then. (and not THAT often either.)

ANyway, if you had to get one of the consoles I am sorry but I would have to say the XBOX 360.