Console of choice? - Page 3 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Console of choice?

View Poll Results: Main gaming console
Playstation 3 6 13.95%
Playstation 2 6 13.95%
Playstation 1 2.33%
Nintendo 8 bit 1 2.33%
Nintendo 16 bit 0 0%
Nintendo 64 bit 1 2.33%
Nintendo Gamecube 1 2.33%
Nintendo Wii 3 6.98%
XBOX 1 2.33%
XBOX 360 11 25.58%
Dreamcast 1 2.33%
PSP 0 0%
Nintendo DS 9 20.93%
I play them all! 2 4.65%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #41

Playstation3 is my console of choise.....................becouse I just love it.............
Old 08-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #42
MoP
Comfortably Numb

I've never owned any console and don't plan to in the near future. The PC is enough for me.
If I ever get ahold of some extra cash I'd probably get a DS. Quite a few neat looking adventures there as well as the option of installing ScummVM. Sounds like a handy thing if I ever find myself outdoors without a book to read.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:00 AM   #43

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

My obvious choice is "the one that still got games that I want to play".

After I started to play Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil and Final Fantasy on PC I was eventually pushed into buying a GameCUbe (Resident Evil Zero, I, II, III and Code Veronica X), Playstation II (Metal Gear Solid III, Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII), Playstation Portable (Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Silent Hill: Origins) and Playstation 3 (Metal Gear Solid 4, Condemned 2 and later Resident Evil V & Final Fantasy XIII).

Nintendo DS have a few attractive games (FF3 and 4) but not many enough and the only series I started on PC and have to buy an XBox 360 for to play their sequels were Halo and Fable, neither of them spectacular in comparision to FF and MGS.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:40 AM   #44

Voted for DS, cause i have one and I like it. Mainly because of the adventure games i can play on it.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #45
Master of time and space

Seeing the vast and growing game library for X360 I went ahead and bought the Elite model. That HD will come in handy when upcoming firmware update is done allowing for complete installs on it instead of running from the disc. Since Final Fantasy 13 has been announced for the X360 I now have high hopes for Metal Gear Solid 4. Other than MGS4 there are no exclusives for the PS3 I'm really interested in.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:02 AM   #46

Dreamcast for me. If I'm not playing adventures or action adventures, I'm playing 2D old skool shmups. And the DC is the best for old skool shmups.

Then there's games like Soul Calibur, Crazy Taxi, DOA2, SF3, VR tennis 2, Cosmic Smash, Power Stone 2, etc.

I love me arcade games.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:06 PM   #47

For seventh generation consoles thats a hard one, but.... the 360 comes in third IMHO.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:34 AM   #48
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
Dreamcast for me. If I'm not playing adventures or action adventures, I'm playing 2D old skool shmups. And the DC is the best for old skool shmups.
Some would argue that honor goes to Saturn, but both are exquisite platforms for those kinds of games. I'm glad to see Xbox 360 becoming the shmup console of this generation as I'm also a fan of the genre.

By the way, have you seen Segagaga's shooting specials? Good stuff.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:29 AM   #49

Send a message via AIM to Rayvielle Send a message via MSN to Rayvielle

At the mo, 360. I have a PS3 also, but I hadn't played it for 6 months, then I got MGS4, completed it, and am now back on the 360. That is soon to change though now that Unchartered and Ratchet and Clank on the budget menu. I'll definately be picking these up for 15 squid. And when Home is finally released, I'll be checking that out.

But yeah, most play for now, 360.

BTW, my gamertag on XBox is Yar TTomlliw and my PSN name is Rayvielle if anyone wants to add to friends.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
Some would argue that honor goes to Saturn
A lot would actually (and have at me), but they're wrong . I've played a number of Saturn shmups and many of them stink, unlike the DC where at least all the shmups for the console are at least adequete.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #51
Master of time and space

Quote:
A lot would actually (and have at me), but they're wrong . I've played a number of Saturn shmups and many of them stink, unlike the DC where at least all the shmups for the console are at least adequete.
Got any schmup recommendations for the PS2 or X360? I love Gradius V.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:36 PM   #52
gin soaked boy

Quote:
I've played a number of Saturn shmups and many of them stink, unlike the DC where at least all the shmups for the console are at least adequete.
Oh my, next you're going to say Saturn's controller sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
Got any schmup recommendations for the PS2 or X360? I love Gradius V.
For PS2 I'd say check out R-Type Final, Psyvariar 1 and 2, Dodonpachi Dai-Oujou, Gunbird 1 and 2, Raiden III, ESPGaluda, Mushihime-sama, Ibara and Castle Shikigami 2 (must see for its hilariously bad translation ).

On Xbox 360 there's Ikaruga, of course, but also Omega Five, Aegis Wing (which is free) and Wartech: Senko No Ronde (a combination of a shmup and a fighting game), but you might also want to check out 1942 Joint Strike (it got decent, although not great reviews), Triggerheart Exelica and Shikigami No Shiro 3 (only released in Japan so far).

Out of interesting upcoming games PS2 gets Thunderforce VI while Xbox 360 gets Raiden IV, Raiden Fighters Aces, Otomedius Gorgeous, Dodonpachi Dai-Oujou Black Label, Ketsui, Galaga Legions and apparently R-Type Dimensions, although it's unclear how many of those will appear outside of Japan.