You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Rumours of Jack Black, Rock n' Roll and Double Fine turn out to be true

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #61
handsome

As underwhelming as Gow3 new trailer ..
Old 12-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #62
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
As underwhelming as Gow3 new trailer ..
What kind of drugs are you on (not that I've seen anything of Gow3)?

That trailer made me wet my pants in excitement. So the publishing is confirmed for now? Sweeeet!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #63
Homer of Kittens

This game is gonna kick so much ass it is going to hurt. Although I don't like Jack black that much, after watching school of rock, and some tenacious D stuff, I can't imagine anyone else as the lead role. And judging by the coverage he gave Brutal Legend last night at the VGA awards, I would say it is a smart move getting the host to be the lead of your game Anyway, this officially is my most wanted game now.

Firefox rules
Old 12-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #64

There was a moment where I couldn't divorce Black from his live-action persona, but when he does the "Yea-HEAH!" I'm sold.

Sure this trailer doesn't delineate very clearly how the game will play, but combined with what's been written so far and bearing in mind Schafer's track record, this should rock some socks off.

I'm still curious about a PC release, but between this and Little Big Planet, plus the inevitable Fumito Ueda game I may just cave and get a PS3...
Old 12-20-2008, 04:37 AM   #65
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke View Post
That trailer made me wet my pants in excitement.
Thats because you know it's from Schafer (and know who he is).
If we showed this trailer to someone who doesn't know who or what Schafer is, that person would simply say "meh" and *facepalm* with the lame joke in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo View Post
(...)plus the inevitable Fumito Ueda game I may just cave and get a PS3...
Why not simply say Team Ico? ...

(sorry for my bad english )
Old 12-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #66

You basically answered your own question: For the same reason that you would express eager anticipation of the next Tim Schafer game.

As much as games are a collaborative effort there are a rare few studios whose output is defined to a great extent by certain 'auteur' individuals. Double Fine and Team Ico both are among them.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:52 AM   #67

I showed the trailer to a friend who has no idea who Tim Schafer is and I don't think he has played any of his games. Well, maybe a bit Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle, but he's not fanatical about these games.
He thought the trailer was "divine".

But then, he's a big fan of Jack Black.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #68
Headbanger

I also showed the trailer to a couple of friends. They thought it was cool and they had no idea who Tim Schafer is. They all love metal music though.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:24 AM   #69
The Quiet One

I've only showed the trailer to my lil' sis. I explained to her who made it, as she's played Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango a little bit, but she won't be able to play it as she doesn't own any of the consoles it'll be available for. I, on the other hand, will.
I'll most likely get it. I wouldn't say i was a fan of Jack Black, but it's a Tim Schafer game, i really like the 3 games i've listed above, heard a lot of good things about Psychonauts, love the old school heavy metal and there's plenty of blood.

Just curious what the actual plot is going to be.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 12-22-2008, 04:24 PM   #70
Super Moderator

Plots are for wusses!

There will be blood.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:25 AM   #71
The Quiet One

Fair enough lol.

Just wondering though, means it's a Tim Schafer game.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 01-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #72
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Fair enough lol.

Just wondering though, means it's a Tim Schafer game.
I don't think that much has been revealed about the plot. The game is about a roadie that is teleported into a world that is totally based on metal album covers. In other words it's filled with skulls, dragons and hot nuns with demonic faces and pretty much everything that is cool.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #73
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke View Post
The game is about a roadie that is teleported into a world that is totally based on metal album covers.
Does that really sounds cool ? God..
Old 01-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #74
Headbanger

Quote:
Does that really sounds cool ? God..
Skulls, dragons, hot nuns with demonic faces and no God in sight. What exactly do you think is cool???

Seriously though, that is one of the things that makes Schafer so great. He makes games with really fascinating worlds that don't look like every other game out there. If I see another game with guys in shiny helmets and big guns I'll puke!
Old 01-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #75
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Tim FRIGGING Schafer!

Perhaps the most amazing game of 2009!
Here's hoping that they make a port for PC.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #76
The Quiet One

*bump*

GameSpot Impressions and an interview with Tim Schafer on Brutal Legend.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:32 AM   #77

Hmmm...looks really very good and kinda cool too. Though is it really a wise choice to stay on consoles only for now and release a PC version much later? Someone said this about Brutal Legend in a dicussion:

Quote:
But honestly, PC and console versions all should be released at the same time, if you ask me.

If Double Fine -- who is a niche company, anyways -- wants to sell copies of their niche game on something as niche as the PC, they would be wise to release the PC version, if they plan to have one in the cards even, at the exact same time as the console version.

Double Fine is not big enough name-wise -- regardless of if legendary designer Tim Schafer is on the team -- to pull such a stunt, releasing a console version first then possibly maybe releasing a PC version, if they plan to release a PC version. They are NOT Lionhead. They are not Microsoft. They are not Id. They are not Bioware. All of those companies are big enough to the point they can release a console version first, then later drop a PC version -- and have their game sell like hotcakes.
Though there's just one thing: I just hope that the game will be easy enough for newbies to adapt. The "adventure puzzles" part seems to be balanced enough by the wRPG aspects yet it's the "thinking" part I hope newcomers can get used to.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:59 AM   #78
The Quiet One

Brutal Legend seems to have a UK release date.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:33 AM   #79

So that's the day I need to buy a PS3... time to start saving.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:55 PM   #80

Quote:
Thats because you know it's from Schafer (and know who he is).
If we showed this trailer to someone who doesn't know who or what Schafer is, that person would simply say "meh" and *facepalm* with the lame joke in the end.

Why not simply say Team Ico? ...

(sorry for my bad english )
Very well said, though writing , fun and jokes can be selling point, but for best game , gameplay is most important, and for that we have to wait, other than that bad old UE3 type outlook, if you have seen the artworks the artists did rally laclkuster job in translating them into 3D, maybe the engine is bad, but that concept artwork of the game is crazy awesome, hope they include it as extras , anyways

story trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48684.html

LOL at chick and 'lets start revolution' comment.