You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Rumours of Jack Black, Rock n' Roll and Double Fine turn out to be true

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #21

Woah!

That's a lot of gore and blood for a Tim Schafer game! He's finally lost it!

...and I LOVE it! The main character isn't only voiced by Jack Black, he looks exactly like him as well.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #22
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjko View Post
Awesome. I might have to buy a 360, after all.
The Full Throttle 2 that never came. I must have this game. End of story.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:29 PM   #23
Psychonaut

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26524.html

Not exactly what I was expecting from Double Fine.

Still reserving judgement on this.

Music is fantastic though.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:05 AM   #24
Squeaky

To be honest, Schafer could turn out any old shit and I'd buy it. Not that I'm expecting him to - I'm sure it'll be nothing less than an inspired masterpiece (gore and voice "talent" notwithstanding).

btw, you know there was a link to that vid in two of the three posts above yours, right?

Last edited by simpson_yellow; 10-17-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:24 AM   #25
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

The YouTube link provided by bigjko doesn't work anymore, I think ESA or someone similar is hunting them down.

Anyway, the one in GameTrailers (Lucien's) is bound to stick around. More "legit", I guess.

So, Brutal Legend. Not what I wished for, either, but still looks pretty amazing in its over-the-top approach.

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora
Old 10-17-2007, 07:30 AM   #26

Never was a fan of heavy metal inspired art, but since it's a Schafer game, I'll try it out.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 AM   #27
capsized.

The hands down most hilarious thing about this trailer is that a narrator like that usually makes you want to kill yourself ASAP. So while he's still talking crap, you've already tied a rope to the beam in the basement... And all of a sudden you realize he isn't a narrator at all, and somebody just axes him for you to live to fight another day.

So, it's only Three-Sixty and Pee-Ass-Three so far? Hm,.. don't have any plans to buy one of these at the moment. Never say never but regardless, in a couple of years from now an emulator might do. Maybe.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:47 AM   #28
Headbanger

Tha narrators voice is taken from Conan The Barbarian.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 AM   #29
is not wierd

I'm with you, Sam. Fuck this shit 360/PS3 shit, already.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:24 AM   #30
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke View Post
Tha narrators voice is taken from Conan The Barbarian.
Awwwww man, I LOVE Conan. The sequence when they serve the guv'nor all these fresh virgins always makes me teary-eyed. Conan can get away with that, Schafer...

fooled me.

Spiwak, let's flame the Double Fine blog.

More awesomeness: Lemmy WILL BE in the game. According to a news on a Germon site bad-ass mofos like Lemmy, Rob Halford and James Dio are going to provide their voices as well! edit: Mel, I totally missed your post regarding that! Will she forgive me..? :/

Last edited by samIamsad; 10-17-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #31
Homer of Kittens

Lots of blood and totally not what I expected. I will reserve judgment on this till I see more. My girlfriend was a huge fan of the innocence of Psychonauts, and not sure she'll be a big fan of all the blood.

Firefox rules
Old 10-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #32
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
More awesomeness: Lemmy WILL BE in the game. According to a news on a Germon site bad-ass mofos like Lemmy, Rob Halford and James Dio are going to provide their voices as well! edit: Mel, I totally missed your post regarding that! Will she forgive me..? :/
Not just as voice actors but provide entirely new songs to the soundtrack as well.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
edit: Mel, I totally missed your post regarding that! Will she forgive me..? :/
You're forgiven. When I posted that I just thought it was so funny that the heavy metal guy you really wanted in the game IS actually going to be in the game.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:04 PM   #34
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
Not just as voice actors but provide entirely new songs to the soundtrack as well.
Yeah, that's hardcore. I'm glad they're going all out on this. I hope they do well for it. Tim Schafer and Double Fine need a mega-hit so they'll have a few years of unlimited license to do whatever the heck they want.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 10-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #35
The Reggienator

This sounds almost like a project that's too good to be true.

But I'm very damn happy that this is true and not just a dream and if it were a dream, please don't wake me up.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #36
Headbanger

Quote:
According to a news on a Germon site bad-ass mofos like Lemmy, Rob Halford and James Dio are going to provide their voices as well!
Kolzig stole my thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
This sounds almost like a project that's too good to be true.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:37 AM   #37

I have to admit I'm not that enthusiastic about this. If anything, it gives me the impression Schafer is incredibly bitter about Psychonauts being a flot. He's pretty much made a U-turn and done the typical sellout routine.

- Very violent game
- Gimmicky voice 'talent' by Hollywood guff actors
- Gimmicky franchised soundtrack (regardless of whether it works or not).

I guess as there's no in game footage I can still hope Double Fine can change my views around when they release some. I just hope the story's good then maybe I can forgive all of the above.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:50 AM   #38
The Reggienator

'Nuff said.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 AM   #39
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
I have to admit I'm not that enthusiastic about this. If anything, it gives me the impression Schafer is incredibly bitter about Psychonauts being a flot. He's pretty much made a U-turn and done the typical sellout routine.

- Very violent game

I guess as there's no in game footage I can still hope Double Fine can change my views around when they release some. I just hope the story's good then maybe I can forgive all of the above.
I'm sorry, should they have licensed something other than Heavy Metal tracks for a Heavy Metal game? Wait, and.. ah, yes. No violence. In a Heavy Metal game. Oh, right.. Heavy Metal band singers as voice actors. That's pretty gimmicky, y'know.. in a Heavy Metal game.

Seriously, you're acting like Tim thought "Man.. Psychonauts didn't deliver. Let's make something outrageously mainstream. Something that'll practically slide through the publishers." According to the GI article, this is something he's had in his head for years. And his latest Double Fine post he says he had endless problems with all the publishers he went to before Sierra.

The game looks beautiful, the premise is awesome and the violence fits in perfectly. Also, the picture Kolzig posted. FTW.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:56 AM   #40
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post

- Very violent game
I actually got the impression from watching the trailer that the game is really taking the piss out of those types of games, I mean it's not ultra violent...it's a hundred-million-miles-over-the-top ultra violence - I think it's purpose is to be humorous, not to simply satisfy gore hounds. And come on, this is Tim Schafer for goodness sake - no way would he ever turn mainstream, it could just never happen, EVER!

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!