You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Rumours of Jack Black, Rock n' Roll and Double Fine turn out to be true

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #81
The Quiet One

Great, it looks like Activision are gonna sue Double Fine and prevent the games' release.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #82
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Great, it looks like Activision are gonna sue Double Fine and prevent the games' release.
LOL! Update on the story:

Quote:
Double Fine president Tim Schafer passed the following comment on to GameSpot: "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it. Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."
I hope the suit doesn't happen. Good luck to Tim and his team.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #83

Love the comment! .

On the plus side, here's some interesting news out of the Brutal Legend camp I stumbled across ...

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/14/di...-by-tim-curry/

Sounds like Gabriel Knight himself will be poking his head into the camp of Heavy Metal!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #84

Legal basis or no, Activision should be ashamed of themselves.

I want to play Starcraft 2 and maybe Modern Warfare 2 when they come out but I really don't want to support Activision with my money. Too bad there's no way to give directly to the developers.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:14 AM   #85

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

TBH is activision want to fight Electronic Arts on any front I'm ok with it. If Activision do still own the rights why is EA publishing it, anyway?
Old 07-23-2009, 07:34 AM   #86

Activision dropped the title after they took over Vivendi because they had no interest in publishing anything that couldn't be "exploited on an annual or near-annual basis".

Then EA decided to publish it and now that it's actually getting a lot of hype Activision wants it back.

Whether or not their suit has any legal basis (which I doubt) is frankly irrelevant as their behaviour is completely unethical, no better than patent-trolling... If EA or someone else hadn't stepped in, Brutal Legend would be sitting in the archive of abandoned projects right now.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #87

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

I sincerely wish somebody had stepped in. As soon as EA appear on the scene of any developer they rapidly head down the pan.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:26 AM   #88
The Quiet One

More on Activision vs. Double Fine. I really fear for Double Fine and Brutal Legend. I really hope Activision doesn't win this, otherwise we may not be getting Brutal Legend this October.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 08-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #89
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
More on Activision vs. Double Fine. I really fear for Double Fine and Brutal Legend. I really hope Activision doesn't win this, otherwise we may not be getting Brutal Legend this October.
This is as ridiculous as it can possibly get.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #90

It appears the spectacle between EA and Activision is over. Having ended in a settlement seems to suggest their suit may have had legal basis OR it could just mean that EA and Doublefine wanted to avoid a long and unnecessary legal battle which might delay the game even if they were going to win...

Either way I still think Activision has demonstrated a monumental lack of class in this.

Last edited by Ninja Dodo; 08-06-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:32 AM   #91
The Quiet One

Default Track Listing

It looks like the track listing, for in the game, has been released and according to this, it will feature 100 tracks in total.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:30 AM   #92

If they were going to have Tenacious D songs I think it's odd they didn't pick any from the vastly superior first album, though at least Master Exploder is one of the more decent songs on the second one.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #93
Headbanger

Impressive. VERY impressive.

This is way more then the standard bands that one knew were going to be heard in the game. I never dreamed there would be some "old-school" stuff from Enslaved and Emperor to mention a few. This really is to cool for words.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #94
The Quiet One

OK, there's actually 107 tracks. Here's an amusing video of Tim Schafer trying to solve a Rubik's Cube whilst the musical director reads out the list.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #95
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The NY Times article linked to by Gamasutra linked to by Nija Dodo
Electronic Arts has spent millions promoting the game, which has been featured on gaming Web sites and prominently displayed at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3.
Wow. Let's just hope it pays off. Schafer has a great track record making games, but not so much in selling them.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:52 AM   #96
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
Wow. Let's just hope it pays off. Schafer has a great track record making games, but not so much in selling them.
I've heard that Full Throttle sold large amount of copies. But granted that's just one of his titles.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:44 AM   #97
The Quiet One

For anyone who cares, the achievements have been revealed.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #98
The Quiet One

Brutal Legend intro.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #99
Headbanger

Ha ha, that was great.

Time for me to go buy a new console. I think I settle for an Xbox 360 (rather play Alan Wake then Heavy Rain).
Old 09-18-2009, 02:14 AM   #100
The Quiet One

I was waiting for the demo yesterday, which should've arrived on the PSN and XBLA, but it turns out it was only available for the people who pre-ordered the game from GameStop. Mmkay...

Anyway, Henke, if you do get a 360 with XBL, we could join up and battle other players in multiplayer.