You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Half-Life 2 Episode 1 trailer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2006, 12:03 AM   #41
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
Helloooo... You don't have to buy SiN or Aftermath through steam.
You don't have to buy them through Steam but you still have to have Steam installed on your system to play it. I actually don't care, but avatar's always complaining about Steam...
Old 04-14-2006, 05:54 AM   #42
Party On Dudes

what if the stock markets crash?

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 04-14-2006, 06:17 AM   #43
is not wierd

I think you're reaching, a little bit.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:35 AM   #44
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
what if the stock markets crash?
Probably never.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 04-14-2006, 09:44 AM   #45
Master of time and space

I haven't even played HL2, but I loved the first game så I'll probably pick em all up when I get a new computer.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:13 PM   #46
Explorer of the uncharted

Am I the only man on the planet that was dissapointed with Half-Life 2? I mean, it was fun, and it's physics were neat, but It does not hold a candle to the original.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #47
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

It's easily better. The outdoor levels like Highway 17 were just marvels of game design. The city is awesome and feels extremely real. It's terrific.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #48
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NcroManiac
Am I the only man on the planet that was dissapointed with Half-Life 2? I mean, it was fun, and it's physics were neat, but It does not hold a candle to the original.
I don't think that Half-Life 2 was quite as utterly amazing a game as many seem to think, but I still think that it's a lot better than the original. Then again, I don't much like the original...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-14-2006, 04:02 PM   #49
is not wierd

I probably set myself up for not liking the first one. I played HL2 first and then, since I bought the Game of the Year edition that had CS:S and HL1 I tried out the first and just couldn't get past how dated it looked (at least, compared to the second)... I'll try it again sometime when I have free time.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #50
adventurefan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
I probably set myself up for not liking the first one. I played HL2 first and then, since I bought the Game of the Year edition that had CS:S and HL1 I tried out the first and just couldn't get past how dated it looked (at least, compared to the second)...
http://www.blackmesasource.com
Old 04-14-2006, 06:06 PM   #51
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Well Ill be downloading this since I got cheated out of my copy og Half Life source
Old 04-14-2006, 06:18 PM   #52
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42yoMan
Wowzers!

I might have to try that. Now if only we had people that would do that for System Shock 2 and I'll be set.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:37 AM   #53
Party On Dudes

Quote:
I think you're reaching, a little bit.
don't you think that steam may just be the last thing on peoples minds if the stock markets crashed? education, for one, seeing as a fair amount of schools are partly owned by private companies.

Old 04-15-2006, 01:46 AM   #54
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

What the hell are you talking about?
Old 04-15-2006, 07:36 AM   #55
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
don't you think that steam may just be the last thing on peoples minds if the stock markets crashed? education, for one, seeing as a fair amount of schools are partly owned by private companies.
I don't really see what that has to do with anything. I guarantee you if VALVe were to suddenly experience some sudden catastrophe liek the stock market crashing or their studios being hit by an earthquake/volcano/tornado or being overrun by mutant aliens from an alternate dimension, that they'd do something to keep Steam running or else make a patch available so Steam isn't required to play their games. I guarantee it.

On that note, though, it seems stupid to dislike a game so much because of something like Steam, which hasn't proven harmful in the slightest for computers and is actually quite useful as it automatically updates and also feeds you information about qhat they're doing quickly. The only drawback I can think of is that there may be an internet connection required to play the games...but I can't say for sure if that is the case as I've never had to deal with that.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:14 AM   #56
Homer of Kittens

They are also going to include commentary in the game. AWESOMENESS I want to hear Gabe Newell bitching and moaning about next-gen development.

Firefox rules
Old 04-17-2006, 03:18 AM   #57
Party On Dudes

so if the entire stock markets crashed then steam would still be up and running? those dudes at valve are really dedicated to their customers.

Old 04-17-2006, 06:58 AM   #58
is not wierd

Yes, because if they didn't they'd lose a lot of credibility for ditching their humongous base of players. If they didn't then someone would release a widely-distributed Steam server or whatever...because cracked servers are already all over the place (meanign you already don't need to worry about it since you don't have to have Steam to play, albeit illegally). But I'd be willing to bet they've already worked out what they'd do with Steam in the event that they have to shut down; you have to remember, there are people at VALVe asking all the same questions we've been asking and then some.

But in any case, a stock market crash is very unlikely any time soon. We're not in the middle of a bubble by any means and our economy is not unstable at this point. Which brings me to my original point, that I think you're really searching for reasons to complain about HL2.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:54 AM   #59

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Half Life...
The first was special since it was the first FPS with a really good story.

The second was nice scenery, not much of a game.
With a pre-scripted themepark I would at least expect a great story, but there were none. The whole game had about six different kinds of monsters, while the original had past 15. Monster diversity doesnt make a great game, but I had expected more than to kill the same concubine soldiers a few hundred times.
Even the oh so popular engine was outdated at release.

I will probably play this game as well, since I play most FPS'es that promises a storyline, but I do not expect it to be more than some cheap thrills that I will forget quickly.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:34 PM   #60
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Yes, because if they didn't they'd lose a lot of credibility for ditching their humongous base of players. If they didn't then someone would release a widely-distributed Steam server or whatever...because cracked servers are already all over the place (meanign you already don't need to worry about it since you don't have to have Steam to play, albeit illegally). But I'd be willing to bet they've already worked out what they'd do with Steam in the event that they have to shut down; you have to remember, there are people at VALVe asking all the same questions we've been asking and then some.

But in any case, a stock market crash is very unlikely any time soon. We're not in the middle of a bubble by any means and our economy is not unstable at this point. Which brings me to my original point, that I think you're really searching for reasons to complain about HL2.
you either have a poor sense of humour or you didn't have any weetabix. and my guess is your cupboards are filled with the good stuff.

do you honestly think i'm using the stock markets crashing to present an argument against steam? lighten up people.