You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Half-Life 2 Episode 1 trailer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #21
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
I also thought it was a giant hand at first, but it looks more like an organic craft of some sort taking off.
It is...
Old 04-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #22
is not wierd

Well it's definitely a flying craft. But it also definitely reminds me of the face-eater aliens in the Alien series...which looked a lot like hands.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #23
adventurefan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
But it also definitely reminds me of the face-eater aliens in the Alien series...which looked a lot like hands.
Which in turn look a lot like headcrabs
Old 04-10-2006, 01:53 AM   #24
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

I wasn't really following the developement of HL2 expansion(s), other than that they were working on Aftermath.

So what's this episode 1 all of a sudden?

Can someone enlighten me, fill in the blanks, please?

Yes, I've been living under the rock for last 3 months or so.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:04 AM   #25
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Half Life 2 Aftermath is still the same thing you knew, its just that it will be given to you in (around 6 hour) episodes, episode one is finished and episode two is also nearly finished. You can start to preload on steam and then unlock it on the 1st of June.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 04-10-2006, 02:04 AM   #26
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42yoMan
Which in turn look a lot like headcrabs
Correction: headcrabs look a lot like the face-eater aliens in Alien.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:15 AM   #27
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
Half Life 2 Aftermath is still the same thing you knew, its just that it will be given to you in (around 6 hour) episodes, episode one is finished and episode two is also nearly finished.
Actually, I think Episode 1 is Aftermath, the whole of it. They just renamed it.

Quote:
Correction: headcrabs look a lot like the face-eater aliens in Alien.
Face huggers, you amateur.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:19 AM   #28
is not wierd

Quote:
Actually, I think Episode 1 is Aftermath, the whole of it. They just renamed it.
I think you're correct. I remember hearing back when it was still Aftermath that it would be released episodically.

Quote:
Face huggers, you amateur.
Point taken.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:04 AM   #29
Party On Dudes

hahahaha, i knew some of you would get touchy. respect to the cobra for not doing so.

edit: but don't you all think your spending loads of money for something that isn't actually worth it? ÂŁ30 upon ÂŁ30 upon new episodes that don't live up to the originals. At least half life 1 had SERIOUS replay value, even if it was just run, shoot, repeat. it's all in the dialogue baby, and their just getting lazy.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 04-10-2006, 06:41 AM   #30
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
edit: but don't you all think your spending loads of money for something that isn't actually worth it? ÂŁ30 upon ÂŁ30 upon new episodes that don't live up to the originals. At least half life 1 had SERIOUS replay value, even if it was just run, shoot, repeat. it's all in the dialogue baby, and their just getting lazy.
I agree. I find only last quarter of HL2 replay-worthy. Still can't forgive Valve one of the stupidest endings to a computer game.... EVER. Just when the things got interesting... baaam... they cut you off practically in middle of action..
Valve, that's just W R O N G!
Old 04-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #31
Hitch-Hiker

Thats making you buy HL2 Aftermath.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 04-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #32
is not wierd

Oh boo-hoo you sissy crybabies.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:21 AM   #33
Chris Barraclough

I really hate the frigging steam download thing, Id rather just buy the bloody thing on CD/DVD and have done with it. Down with change, boooo!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 04-11-2006, 02:32 AM   #34
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
I really hate the frigging steam download thing, Id rather just buy the bloody thing on CD/DVD and have done with it. Down with change, boooo!
gone are the days of piracy on the pc. but steam is good in terms of counter strike upgrades i guess.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 04-11-2006, 02:37 AM   #35
Sierra Junkie

Send a message via MSN to avatar_58

Steam is one of the main reasons I'm not buying Episode 1 or Sin. Its not worth the trouble in my opinion.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:07 AM   #36
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar_58
Steam is one of the main reasons I'm not buying Episode 1 or Sin. Its not worth the trouble in my opinion.
You can buy them in game boxes like any other game when its released. Its not Steam download exclusive.

_

Old 04-11-2006, 04:23 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
gone are the days of piracy on the pc. but steam is good in terms of counter strike upgrades i guess.
That's one objective Steam hasn't accomplished Everything Steam-ish is pirated and being played on cracked servers everywhere. The same will happen with Episode One I guess (seeing as though even Lost Coast was pirated within hours of release, crazy crackers ).

Still I'm positive about Steam; I can simply use my email address and password to install the game(s) in minutes. For some reason, it only takes about 5 minutes to install HL2 from the net And then there's the preloading, automatic updates etc. So overall, a pretty good deal IMHO. I can't really think of any really good arguments against Steam other than "But I want it on DVD" (which you can, since you backup all your Steam games easily) and "If Valve goes bankrupt, how will I play my games?" which is not that relevant (to me atleast) since Valve would have to make mistakes of humongous proportions for that to happen anytime soon (and if it did, they wouldn't just leave everyone without a solution, plus there's always cracks in the unlikely case they would).
Old 04-11-2006, 12:24 PM   #38
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar_58
What else is new?
Old 04-11-2006, 12:31 PM   #39
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
That's one objective Steam hasn't accomplished Everything Steam-ish is pirated and being played on cracked servers everywhere. The same will happen with Episode One I guess (seeing as though even Lost Coast was pirated within hours of release, crazy crackers ).

Still I'm positive about Steam; I can simply use my email address and password to install the game(s) in minutes. For some reason, it only takes about 5 minutes to install HL2 from the net And then there's the preloading, automatic updates etc. So overall, a pretty good deal IMHO. I can't really think of any really good arguments against Steam other than "But I want it on DVD" (which you can, since you backup all your Steam games easily) and "If Valve goes bankrupt, how will I play my games?" which is not that relevant (to me atleast) since Valve would have to make mistakes of humongous proportions for that to happen anytime soon (and if it did, they wouldn't just leave everyone without a solution, plus there's always cracks in the unlikely case they would).
well think of people who dont have access to the internet, When I got HL2 for christmass we wernt broadband enabled yet and didnt bother with Dialup so there I was with a game I couldnt play

and I also never had a CD key with it so when I managed to get one it never let me activate Half Life: source....even though I had it installed

I tried getting a key for it but they told me there was no shuch thing as Half Life: Source
Old 04-11-2006, 12:35 PM   #40
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
What else is new?
Helloooo... You don't have to buy SiN or Aftermath through steam.

_