You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 08:31 AM   #1941

Curse of Monkey Island

I got the map, crew, and now have the ship, but for some reason my crew still didn't board on a ship.

Grim Fandango

I'm In Rubacava and need to board on a ship which goes the next morning.

So, like you see, ships are making me headaches!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #1942
Stalker of Britain

I've gotten farther in Civilization 4, and loving every drawn out second. I learn something new about the game each time I play, and it's so addictive. I've gotten all of the civilizations to adopt my relegion (Hinduism, although I founded all the other ones except Islam). It's really cool to see the relegion across the board. Of course, I'm playing it on the easiest setting, but oh well.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-07-2010, 11:40 PM   #1943

Playing LeChuck's Revenge: Monkey Island 2 SE.

What? Isn't everybody?

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 07-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #1944
kamikaze hummingbirds

Started playing Mass Effect, which I thought began slowly but has proved to be enjoyable. At this early stage, it reminds me of KotOR (albeit with a combat system that doesn't make me angry) as well as Deus Ex (I still don't know why, it just has a similar feel to it).
Old 07-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #1945
Stalker of Britain

Arg! Stupid Civilization 4!

I wasted so many hours of my life on that game, on the easiest setting-may I add, and I still lose! I was doing good, trying to make lots of world wonders and research, but I still got in about 4th place! I couldn't even build the United Nation wonder until after the time limit was up, and even afterwards, they wouldn't vote me for a diplomatic victory! I just loose at life.

How are you supposed to win that stupid game?!?!
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #1946

I'm playing Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on the Wii.

The story is intriguing, but I'm not a fan of the gameplay. (It's incredibly basic most of the time.) The good seems to outweigh the bad though. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #1947

I played that on the PS2 and liked it a lot; at the same time different than and similar to the other games in the series. I actually liked the gameplay with the cell phone, it really added something for me.

Civilization 4? I suck at strategy games like that, but my brother in law can do them hours on end. I don't have the patience, nor the insight for them. I think I'd even prefer an FPS

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 07-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #1948
Stalker of Britain

Little Writer-I play RPGs, strategies, FPS, time management, simulation, and of course adventures. I'm what they call "dynamic". lol

I'm currently playing Culpa Innata...and loving it! It's such a rich and detailed world, with tons of information that you don't really need to know, but is so interesting! I haven't felt this immersed since "The Longest Journey"-and that's saying a lot.

The character sprites look a little out of place, and the main character's hair really bugs me. But besides that, it's a great game. Reminds me of "Moment of Silence" because of the conspiracy part for some reason.

I love all of the rich info about the world...I was a bit bored at first, cause there was so much to digest (but I was bored at the beginning of Dreamfall...and now I love the beginning!). I love the irrelevant conversations that you don't need to have, about your favorite Holo shows with the first witness. There's plenty of item description like in GK1, and I love that level of detail!

The conversations are interesting. I like being able to talk about random things, like complimenting the witness' shoes, but I hate limited conversations. I love asking every possible question, and in this game-at least so far, you can't.

There's so much detail, you can choose what you want her to wear...although I think the choices look a bit silly. Oh well. I'm really enjoying this game!

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 07-08-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #1949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Writer View Post
I played that on the PS2 and liked it a lot; at the same time different than and similar to the other games in the series. I actually liked the gameplay with the cell phone, it really added something for me.
Oh, I really like the cell phone stuff too, it's just the puzzles are so simplistic they can barely be called puzzles. There's no real action either. (Which I knew before going into the game, but I thought they would've compensated by making the puzzles more sophisticated.) People call Heavy Rain an interactive movie, but in some ways this game fits that definition a whole lot more.

It's no where near a bad game, though. In fact, it's good to have a game this dark on the Wii.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #1950

I'm playing Half-Life 2 for the first time. It's not too shabby. A little over hyped, but definitely fun all the same. I like the variety in gameplay and attention to detail. I'm currently playing the Sandtraps chapter.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #1951
delusions of adequacy

Running through Jade Empire again (PC). I first played this (to death, my disc literally died) when it was released on the original xbox.

I think I may just be destroying many of my fond memories of the game. I still love the setting, and despite its age the game world is still beautiful to look at in places. The delivery of the story though, and in particular the dialog, they're mere shadows of what you get from Bioware's more recent titles.

For all the flak Mass Effect 2 gets for its simplistic dialogue options, Jade Empire's dialog is like a kids colouring book by comparison. Everything is black and white and you only get 3 crayons to colour between the lines.

The combat is equally awkward, I'm starting to think that one of the reasons Jade Empire is having to wait so long before a revisit, despite the IP's popularity amongst the development team is that Bioware haven't gotten their hands on an engine that can deliver the kind of martial arts that are needed.

Its a shame because I truly love the 'outlaws of the marsh' feel of the Jade Empire setting but I guess its not mainstream enough. Better to make more Dragon Ages and Mass Effects that are easier to swallow.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:17 AM   #1952
The Quiet One

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition

At the beginning of Part IV - Dinky Island. Left it yesterday after I finished speaking to Herman Toothrot about Philosophy.

Red Dead Redemption

Completely finished the story - wow what an ending - and I'm working on optional challenges in multiplayer's Free Roam mode and doing matches. It's a slow process, but I'm aiming to build my level/rank to 50.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-11-2010, 05:30 AM   #1953
BSC, SSC

I think I registered here in 2004 because I was stuck in Gabriel Knight 3. Time to finish that sumbitch.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #1954

I just installed and started Syberia for my 2nd play through last night. I played the game years ago, but it has faded somewhat from my memory so I figured I'd play it through again, followed after by Syberia 2.

Still in Valadilene, I just followed Momo (the slow kid) into the forest after sketching a Mammoth for him.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #1955

Adventuring: Trying my darnedest to finish 2010: The Ultimate Text Adventure for the Coleco ADAM. I have the Discovery almost completely up and running, HAL is back online, the navigational course is calculated, the ship is rotated toward Earth... but fuel pressure is still low, I'm tired and hungry and thirsty and I have no idea how to go about fixing this (final?) problem. When I get frustrated with that, I turn my attention to more straightforward projects -- currently working on Scott Adams' #13, The Sorcerer of Claymorgue Castle.

Action: Trying to wrap up Doom II on XBox Live Arcade, have finished the levels but still have a few achievements to pick up. Also working through Left 4 Dead with my wife whenever we both have time to sit down and kill zombies. And spending some time with Valis: Fantasm Soldier on the PC Engine.

So many games, so little time!
Old 07-31-2010, 05:36 AM   #1956
DON'T EAT THIS

Right now I'm playing The Whispered World and Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix. I'm at the beginning of chapter 3 in The Whispered World. I'm really liking. It did take me a while to get used to Sadwick's voice, but it seems fitting now. And I'm right at the end of Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix. Just doing some side-quests before the final boss.
"Of such great powers or beings there may be conceivably a survival... a survival of a hugely remote period when... consciousness was manifested, perhaps, in shapes and forms long since withdrawn before the tide of advancing humanity... forms of which poetry and legend alone have caught a flying memory and called them gods, monsters, mythical beings of all sorts and kinds...."
Old 07-31-2010, 05:04 PM   #1957

X-Men Legends - Gamecube
About an hour into the game.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #1958
Staff Member

Mario Galaxy 2 is currently taking up all my time. Such a brilliant game. It's bursting with creativity and always throwing something new at you to keep things fresh and exciting, despite it being a sequel. I find it hard to fault anything with this game. All the checklist components are there: stunning visuals, an orchestral soundtrack, varied level design... one of the best games I've played in a long time. I heartily recommend it without hesitation.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:28 AM   #1959
Under pressure.

Been playing the special edition of MI2. Almost finished it, but then got hooked on Alien Swarm. That game is hilarious when you play it with friends.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #1960
merely human

Finally finished Splinter Cell: Conviction last night.

Now onto Alan Wake and Heavy Rain (left off early in both games).
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien