You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #1741

I'm playing GK1 with the community playthru. I'm on Day 3.

Also playing Divine Divinity still, intermittantly. Found out the southeast was not completely explored. There are some extremely strong Orcs (Hundreds!) down there. I will have to strategize for this part.

Haven't been able to uncover Dr. Elrath yet. Can only get into one room in his house. I may have to get a hint for this quest. I just know if I could unlock the other doors in his house I would discover something important. I have unlock skill level 3, but it won't open these doors. Drats!

Then I'll have to decide whether to go North to Verdisti or South to the Dark Forrest. I want to clean up the area I'm in first though. Watch out Orcs!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #1742
Random

Does anyone already played Quest for glory 5 before? I've found that game at my uncle's house and it looks interesting. It's necessary to play the previous games in order to understand the story?

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.

Last edited by Denaron; 01-15-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #1743
Stalker of Britain

Besides the GK playthrough, and "Dark Fall:Lost Souls", which I've commented about in their appropriate threads, I'm also playing "The Experiment".

I'm not liking it much. The idea of having cameras to control a person is very interesting, but there's so many places to go, the world is too open at the moment, and the cameras too hard to control to see what's going on. It is very interesting, with the cameras and email, but I'm not liking it very much.

And I really don't think the controls are that bad in "Lost Souls.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 01-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #1744
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Another Friday night, another vintage game. This time I'll be playing LucasArts's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade for the first time.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #1745
Random

Dark Void

It's combination of Gears of War and Crimson Skies, hehehe. I've been playing for a few hours, i'm on episode II - chapter IV.

Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #1746
Cabbage Merchant

Playing The Longest Journey. I'm at the end of chapter two and plan to finish chapter five today.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:50 PM   #1747
Random

Adam's Venture: The Search for the Lost garden

Still in the beginning. It looks pretty good!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:43 AM   #1748
delusions of adequacy

Dead Space.

I stumbled into the bathroom yesterday after playing Dead Space for around 3 hours and I was shocked to see my eyes where bloodshot. I must remember to blink more, next time.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #1749
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Mass Effect 2. Finished recruiting the Professor, Archangel, the Krogan and the Convict.

It rocks. ^^

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-03-2010, 05:32 AM   #1750

Default Sinking Island

Still in the early stages of Sinking Island, trying to adjust to MOUTHS that DON’T MOVE. The subtitles help and I hope to not even notice soon. The huge hotel is beautiful as is all the art so far and the story has my interest. But I'm baffled why anyone would go to all that trouble of making a good game and not move the mouths of their characters ... even if only a little?

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 02-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #1751

I started replaying Beyond Good and Evil this afternoon. It's been a year or two since I last played it, and I forgot how imaginative it is. I decided to play it, after completing my first playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins.

I'm at the part where I am doing my first mission, where I need to take a picture of these two worm-like creatures.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:34 AM   #1752
Stalker of Britain

I'm playing "Ghost Master".

It's very original, and I really like it, although to free the trapped spirits, I always find myself looking at a walkthrough. lol
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #1753
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
I started replaying Beyond Good and Evil this afternoon. It's been a year or two since I last played it, and I forgot how imaginative it is.
I'm sort of bummed, because I really WANT to play it again, but my last playthrough was only a few months ago, and I know if I played it again now, it wouldn't have the same effect on me, because it's all still pretty fresh in my mind. Incredible game!!!!

Right now, I'm playing a new character on Titan Quest. It's a Corsair (Rogue + Defense masteries), and I'm in the expansion campaign in Epirus, right before entering the underworld on Normal mode. I'm actually hoping to take this character all the way to Legendary mode... the campaign is so long, that I always lose interest in the game sometime during early Epic mode, and then when I come back to it, months later, I start a new character.

Last edited by booB; 02-07-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:31 PM   #1754

Prince of Persia, the 2008 game. Just beat the Hunter in his lair, moving on to the next boss the Concubine. I really like the game; I thought the character design would put me off but the art style doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Love the scenery, in any case. Using the plates is great fun, except the ones where you're flying and have to steer Elika. It's not always apparent which way to move to avoid obstacles and I get banged against everything several times in a row before I memorize the parcour. Also finding it hard to get some light seeds. I just don't see how to reach them. But I haven't been stuck yet because of them, so I hope that'll stay. Doesn't matter to me whether I get a full 100% or not.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 02-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #1755

I bought a bunch of games on GOG during the holiday sale, so I've been taking a few of them for a spin lately. The past few days I've been playing Empire Earth, which is similar to Age of Empires but with more ages and units and stuff.

I am playing the Greek campaign (3rd scenario, Trojan War) which has me in the copper age trying to beat an opponent that is one age ahead (bronze) and who has a vastly superior military.

The scenario limits my population to 100 and doesn't allow me to advance to the next age, and I got utterly obliterated when I tried invading with what I thought was a bitchin' army. (Fortunately I saved the game before invading!)

Well, after consulting a walkthrough to get some tips, I see that a direct invasion is ill advised and (duh!) I'm supposed to do something with a horse...

Hopefully this evening's attempt will prove more successful!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #1756
Staff Member

I'm going through a bunch of stuff for the Xbox at the moment. I recently bought some points and got 'Splosion Man and Shadow Complex with them. Although I'm not very far into the latter, they're both amazing. I love the humour that is running throughout 'Splosion, and the all the different mechanics you can pull off just by one button press. Definitely much better than Twisted Pixel's previous game The Maw - wasn't very keen on that one.

I've now got 100 points floating around though, so if anyone knows of anything decent to buy with them...
Old 02-16-2010, 01:35 AM   #1757

I've picked up "Hitman: Blood Money" again. I'm having a lot of fun with the level "The Murder of Crows", though the mission isn't going all that well exactly. That's one huge map and I just can't figure out where to go first! Oh well, plenty of people to kill when I'm busted and go on a rampage.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:07 AM   #1758

I'm playing Casebook 0. I have a lot to learn about how this game is played, but I'm enjoying it. I have Casebook 1,2,3 to do after I complete this game.
I'm also considering playing Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual next.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:18 AM   #1759

I kinda liked Casebook 0, it was different from the usual stuff, but I don't think I'd enjoy spending a lot of time on a complete game.

I'd like to get Scorpio Ritual as well. Looks like a good old fashioned AG.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:41 PM   #1760
Cabbage Merchant

I started playing Final Fantasy VI this week. It's my favorite in the series along with X and I haven't played it in 6 or 7 years. I've just saved before event at the Opera House.