You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #1921
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Bone: The Great Cow Race

Just started this one yesterday. I kind of makes me sad to play this game knowing that TTG won't make a third game (no longer having the license), as Bone story only gets really good at volume 3 and beyond. But anyway, I like the little improvements they made in the second game and being able to play as Phoney Bone is great.

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
I'm at the beginning of the game, having only done a few missions. I'm focusing on getting equipment and recruiting people to my faction. I love the style of the cutscenes and the voice action is good, though very scarce because of storage limitations. I wish it were simpler and had topdown perspective and gameplay more similar to the first metal gear solid but full voice action like the first did. It doesn't really feel like a Metal Gear Solid game, but it's fun and features one my favorite video game characters: Big Boss.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #1922
Stalker of Britain

I just tried the tutorial in "Civilization 4", and what can I say; I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment. It looks quite interesting, albeit a little too slow. There's so many choices, or at least it looks like it to my untrained eye, and it's kind of daunting. I am looking forward to 'getting my hands dirty', though, so hopefully it'll be worth the $5.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #1923

I can never find the patience, nor the needed insight, to play strategy games like that.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 06-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #1924
kamikaze hummingbirds

Replaying Alan Wake in Nightmare mode to find extra pages.
I think I might get Mass Effect - seems like an interesting RPG / action hybrid (am I right in thinking it's slightly like Deus Ex?)
Old 06-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #1925
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
I think I might get Mass Effect - seems like an interesting RPG / action hybrid (am I right in thinking it's slightly like Deus Ex?)
Though I have never played Deus Ex, I would say a resounding NO.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #1926
Cabbage Merchant

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
It sucks but I plan on finishing it anyway. I'm at the bi-plane/zeppelin part.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #1927
Stalker of Britain

Well, I'm much more addicted to Civ 4, now. It has so many options for technology that I can research that I get bogged down, and start it over again to do it "better". I don't forsee myself going past AD. lol And the beginning music is so corny, but it has Leonard F-ing Nemoy narrarating!! What can be better? lol

Has anyone played it and can tell me how to build a stupid fishing boat? I'm English, so I've already researched Fishing, and it says it should be built on water, but my worker won't go on the water. I use my worker, right?
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #1928
Cabbage Merchant

Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent

I think I'm halfway through. I'm currently stuck on the Tracking Trouble puzzle (the one with the snowmobile and gear pieces). So far I'm loving the game, specially the presentation and art style.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

I barely began this one but already feels much better than The Last Crusade.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #1929
kamikaze hummingbirds

FoA is absolutely brills.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #1930

I'm currently playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 and it's so much better than the original. (Which is a huge compliment, since the original was all kinds of awesome.) The gameplay is so varied, some games you're introduced to all the gameplay mechanics in the first level and only use variations of them. Every new level in SMG2 seems to introduce something unique. The level design is exceptional too.

If you're remotely interested I couldn't recommend SMG2 more!

Last edited by D.C.; 07-03-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #1931
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
I'm currently playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 and it's so much better than the original. (Which is a huge compliment, since the original was all kinds of awesome.) The gameplay is so varied, some games you're introduced to all the gameplay mechanics in the first level and only use variations of them. Every new level in SMG2 seems to introduce something unique. The level design is exceptional too.
I agree with all of this. Super Mario Galaxy was a classic and Galaxy 2 is even classicer.

Classicer is a word.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 07-04-2010, 05:55 AM   #1932
Cabbage Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax View Post
Classicer is a word.
It seems pretty cromulent to me.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #1933

Wow, to play "Fate of Atlantis" for the first time again!

And to believe that in the store, I went for "Hook" first; but the game didn't work, so I went back and traded it for "FoA" instead. Good times.

Playing "Overclocked" and loving every minute of it. I'm a bit spoiled because I already played the demo last year. I've now done the first flashback in cell 3. It makes me think so hard of "Shutter Island". I love the realistic looking environments. Characters are a bit static, though, especially the eyes. Voices are okay.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 07-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #1934
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

I've been playing Crackdown 2 for past week and while I've had some fun with it, I don't really get the crazed love for the series that a lot of people seem to have. There's no real structure to the single player or co-op so it's basically one big open, empty sandbox where you can do one of two missions: activate beacons and fight easy-to-beat zombies or attack an enemy stronghold and take it over. That's the entirety of the single player and co-op campaign. Collecting the orbs which increase your stats is the best part of the game and simply running around and climbing up buildings to get the green agility orbs is by far the most fun I had with the game. In a year that has already had open world sandboxes like Just Cause 2 and Red Dead Redemption, Crackdown 2 feels a little empty and bland in comparison.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 07-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #1935
Junior Mint

X-Com: UFO Defense (UFO: Enemy Unknown)

I used to play this game all the time back in the day, and I would always get stuck when it was time to start taking down large UFOs and enemy bases. However, last night I recovered the first "very large" UFO of my career, and I did it without any casualties! I even captured a Snakeman Commander, which is something I've also never done. Granted, there weren't any mind control aliens on the ship... I know this is going to be my undoing, like always. One mind control alien ALWAYS destroys my entire force. We'll see.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #1936
Cabbage Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
FoA is absolutely brills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Writer View Post
Wow, to play "Fate of Atlantis" for the first time again!

And to believe that in the store, I went for "Hook" first; but the game didn't work, so I went back and traded it for "FoA" instead. Good times.
When I launched it for the first time I was afraid it was just like Last Crusade with prettier graphics. I think I'm about halfway through.
Spoiler:
I chose to take Sofia with me, I just made it to Crete)

Very interesting puzzle design, I specially like that when I had two or more places to visit I would have to explore all of them in order to get intel or items to "clear a stage" and while a lot of games make this traveling back and forth feel boring, repetitive and unnecessary, Fate of Atlantis somehow makes backtracking feel right. The writing is much better, funny and clever. A little more lighthearted than the films but not silly slapstick like Last Crusade. I LOL'ed the little Gone With the Wind reference at Algiers.

Last edited by HaroldO; 07-05-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:13 AM   #1937

I loved what I played of Fate of Atlantis, but never completed it for some reason. I'm hoping LucasArts will release a special edition. (Though that's probably unlikely.)
Old 07-06-2010, 05:01 AM   #1938
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Well, I'm much more addicted to Civ 4, now. It has so many options for technology that I can research that I get bogged down, and start it over again to do it "better". I don't forsee myself going past AD. lol And the beginning music is so corny, but it has Leonard F-ing Nemoy narrarating!! What can be better? lol

Has anyone played it and can tell me how to build a stupid fishing boat? I'm English, so I've already researched Fishing, and it says it should be built on water, but my worker won't go on the water. I use my worker, right?
Hey Fantasy.

Careful with Civ, when the addiction sets in it won't go and you'll find yourself unable to get away from it! (I am a fellow sufferer!)

Workers only farm and alter the land, to build boats you need a city on the coast and when you have discovered the relevant technologies you can build boats from the city (i.e. the same way you build units and buildings etc.) I think the one you want is called a work boat.

There is a lot to get the hang of at first but you can use the civilopedia (which you can get to at the top right of the screen) and search for units/buildings etc. which will tell you how to get them, i.e. what technology you need and what they do.

Have fun!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:06 AM   #1939
Stalker of Britain

Thanks Intense! It is a steep learning curve, and I'm still confused on some stuff...like you can't spread a new relegion to a city that founded another? lol But it is so addictive, and I haven't even played it all the way through! Are the expansions worth getting?
Old 07-06-2010, 05:33 AM   #1940
Failed Birthday Elf

TBH I haven't played any of the Civ 4 expansions, but there is so much to the normal game that I'm not sure what else you'll need for the next couple of years!

Having said that Civ 5 is due out later this year and I have no doubt I will be sucked in once again. One of the great things about the Civ games is that although the basic idea and system of the game is the same they all play differently, and even if you did manage to master Civ 2 or 3 doesn't mean you will be instantly able to deal with 4 or, I guess, 5!