You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General I Just Bought...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #1261
The Quiet One

Um, i did... above. But i guess i should've started a new thread for it. But then, knowing my luck, i still wouldn't have had any responses.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 05-09-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #1262

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

See, if Sam were Gabriel and Max Grace I would have certainly commented on your purchase... but I have a strict policy of not saying anything about Lucas and related subjects

Jokes aside, the statue seems really well done and the poster behind it is really unsettling
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 05-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #1263
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
See, if Sam were Gabriel and Max Grace I would have certainly commented on your purchase... but I have a strict policy of not saying anything about Lucas and related subjects
Well that goes without saying. It'd be great if there was a Gabriel and Grace statue available. I'd certainly purchase it and you'd be the first to know from me.

Quote:
The statue seems really well done and the poster behind it is really unsettling
Thanks. I wondered if someone was going to comment on that picture. It's a limited screenprint of Eli from the Swedish vampire movie, Let the Right One In. Both those items set me back quite a bit in fact.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 05-09-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #1264

Cool poster Alucard! Still waiting for the movie to get released here, really looking forward to it! And oh, nice statue as well.

Last game I bought is Heroes of Might and Magic V. I remember spending hours playing parts II & III, but I never got into part IV, really didn't like the changes they made there. Part V seems to return to the gameplay of the earlier parts again. I found myself playing it into the early hours, good to know that once in a while someone still releases a great turn based strategy game! Too bad that the game comes with very few single maps.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #1265
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimli View Post
Cool poster Alucard! Still waiting for the movie to get released here, really looking forward to it! And oh, nice statue as well.
Thanks Wimli. I hope you enjoy the movie when it's released. It's one haunting film.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:50 AM   #1266

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I never saw it. But I usually like my vampires movie to be more Anne Rice like... Do you think I would like it?

And to stay on topic, last game I bought: an old boxed edition of Quest for Glory IV!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 05-10-2009, 03:12 AM   #1267
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
I never saw it. But I usually like my vampires movie to be more Anne Rice like... Do you think I would like it?
Hmmm, it's difficult to say really. It's one of those movies you'll either appreciate or you won't. It's serious and dark in tone and it does focus on character and story more than anything. Rest assured, this isn't an over-the-top blockbuster, e.g: Underworld, Blade, Van Helsing etc. Like Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, this story is about the lead characters' dark, depressing and lonely worlds.
It's also quite ambiguous. Not all the answers are spelled out. A lot is left up to your own interpretation, which gives the film more depth. If you do get it, then this film can really get under your skin. The least you can do is try it out and see. I think the film was showing in Italy around January, so the DVD release can't be far off.

Anyway, sorry for getting off-topic.

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 05-10-2009 at 03:18 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:07 AM   #1268
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Gee, nice to know everyone loves my statue.
It's a good looking statue. I'm not sure it fits well with the poster in the background though.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 05-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #1269
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Gee, nice to know everyone loves my statue.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:56 AM   #1270
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
It's a good looking statue. I'm not sure it fits well with the poster in the background though.
I suppose not. I was going to put the statue someplace else but it turned out to be bigger than i expected. That corner of my desktop seemed to be the most spacious and it sort of made sense putting it near my computer. The poster on the other hand, well... i suppose, like the statue, i want it somewhere near me when i'm using the computer.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:50 AM   #1271
Master of time and space

OK, I cracked. I've been drooling over this for six months now. Hopefully I'll be able to assemble it tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #1272
The Quiet One

Old 05-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #1273
handsome

yay! only 9€
Old 05-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #1274

Dracula: Origin and Next Life.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:53 AM   #1275
Psychonaut

Grand Theft Auto open worldness meets Electro superhero type game.

Trapped in a city after a mysterious explosion and with new found electricity based powers you can decide great power means great responsibility or just zap everyones ass.

Great fun so far as I climb every building, jump from great heights and toss cars at bad guys.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/em...infamous/48514
Old 05-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #1276

I went to a book fair a few weeks ago where they sold excess stock and book supplies from stores that went bankrupt. Next to some twenty books (amongst others a cool The Art of Discworld), I also picked up some adventure games for 1 Euro a piece: Nibiru, Journey to the Centre of the Earth and Beauty or the Beast.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:59 PM   #1277
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post

Grand Theft Auto open worldness meets Electro superhero type game.

Trapped in a city after a mysterious explosion and with new found electricity based powers you can decide great power means great responsibility or just zap everyones ass.

Great fun so far as I climb every building, jump from great heights and toss cars at bad guys.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/em...infamous/48514
Same here. I loved the demo so I broke down and bought the game today.

Firefox rules
Old 06-02-2009, 07:45 AM   #1278

Send a message via ICQ to rhivepherge
Default Last Page

Mirrors Edge for the PS3, only a day or two after buying Plants vs Zombies.

First two games Ive bought since GTA4 along with my PS3 last year. And once Ive replayed ME, Ill be trading it in along with GTA4 and picking up Fallout 3 for the PC.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:13 AM   #1279
Homer of Kittens

found them for 9.99 each in frys

Firefox rules
Old 08-27-2009, 03:26 AM   #1280
The Quiet One

Just received my copy today, one day early, from ShopTo.net. I even won a t-shirt, which has been wrapped up and sealed so it's in the shape of a batarang. Just waiting for the game to finish installing on my 360's hard drive so I can dive into the insane world of Arkham Asylum.

« Last finished game | - »