You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General I Just Bought...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2009, 05:49 PM   #1301
Homer of Kittens

Firefox rules
Old 11-01-2009, 04:44 AM   #1302

Three games:

Still Life 2, Moment of Silence, and Sinking Island.

Bought on my behalf by a friend who has a card just for ebay purchases, because I can’t find any adventure PC games anywhere is stores.

Waiting for them to arrive. Especially looking forward to discovering who the killer is from Still Life 1.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)

Last edited by AprilLives; 11-01-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:25 AM   #1303

I just bought 2 games from Tell Tale Games. Tales of Monkey Island and Sam N Max Season 2 with CD (DVD?). I plan on buying the CD/DVD for Monkey Island when it is released as well.

I didn't mean to buy any games this month, but I couldn't resist the discounted prices...
Old 11-07-2009, 05:02 AM   #1304
M-E

Bye bye life.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #1305

I just pre-ordered Dark Fall III : Lost Souls from Amazone, and while I was in shopping mode - Return to Ravenhearst at a good price (ÂŁ4 + shipping).
Old 11-08-2009, 01:13 AM   #1306
Stalker of Britain

I'm going to preorder it from Shadow Tor-Jonathan/Matt's site. I don't see it on Amazon, and I'd rather support Jonathan right from the site.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 11-08-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:25 AM   #1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I'm going to preorder it from Shadow Tor-Jonathan/Matt's site. I don't see it on Amazon, and I'd rather support Jonathan right from the site.
Well excuse me, it's from the UK Amazon, and I am pretty sure that Jonathan & co gets paid no matter where you buy it from.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #1308
Lazy Bee

I just bought Machinarium and I'm going to start playing it right away!
That's really the best part of downloads.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #1309
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohlin View Post
Well excuse me, it's from the UK Amazon, and I am pretty sure that Jonathan & co gets paid no matter where you buy it from.
I didn't mean any insult, I just meant that I'm going to buy it straight from his site. And I was looking on Amazon for Dark Fall 3, instead of "Dark Fall:Lost Souls".
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 11-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #1310

I just pre-ordered New Super Mario Bros Wii!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #1311
Psychonaut

Old 11-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #1312

I just got Modern Warfare 2 too. Only played the first couple levels but WOW...that "no russian" level was one of the most intense segments i've played in a game.

Recently finished or playing: Sam and Max episode 2, Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Fallout 3, Alpha Protocal.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #1313
Caffein Queen

About a week back I ordered Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, and today it finally arrived.
Too bad I don't have time to start playing just yet

Yesterday I received Fallout 3 with all expansions, although I already have it all, just through windows live. Bah, hate that place...

Still waiting for the latest CSI game to arrive... guess it wasn't in stock, lol.

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 11-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #1314

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslilo View Post
About a week back I ordered Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, and today it finally arrived.
Too bad I don't have time to start playing just yet
A wonderful, wonderful game! Bu sure to check to the unofficial patches that resolve many of the game bugs and glitches
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 11-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #1315
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
A wonderful, wonderful game! Bu sure to check to the unofficial patches that resolve many of the game bugs and glitches
There was (is?) a big patch war between two Bloodline enthusiasts called Wesp and Tessera (Tessmage). Tessmage released the True patch which just focuses on fixing bugs whereas Wesp's patch fixes bugs and restores content that didn't feature in the final game.

Which you go for is up to you, I went with Wesp's because Tessmage came off as a bit of dick on various forums and not to mention he has an obsession with making gratuitous nude female skins for most games! You can get Wesp's here and Tessmage's here (warning: lots of nudity on that link)

Hope that helps.

Last edited by geggis; 11-11-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #1316
The Quiet One

Bought this so I could use it with my PC. Should be much more comfortable to use than my Rumblepad. I'm in the middle of mapping out the controls for some of my games.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 11-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #1317
the midnight rambler

Gazzoid I'm contemplating getting some sort of adaptor for one of my PS3 pads so I can do the same. Certain games on the PC deserve a pad!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:49 AM   #1318
The Quiet One

That they do. Although, I wouldn't recommend one if you play FPS. I tried Half-Life and DOOM 3 with the 360 controller and the camera movement is sooooo slow. Even tweaking it is no use. They're ideal for third-person and racing games though (not that I play the latter of course).

I'm also a bit annoyed that the LT and RT buttons don't work even after installing the drivers. Must be a Vista thing. In the end I had to install a third-party utility.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 11-12-2009, 05:57 AM   #1319
the midnight rambler

Absolutely. If I can, I'll only buy FPSs for my PC because of the mouse and keyboard combo. The only FPSs that I've managed to get on with with a pad have been Goldeneye and Timesplitters 2. Both are brilliant. Psychonauts was a pain using the keyboard and mouse though.

Actually, I do love a good racing game but it has to be ridiculously fast, visceral and fun. My favourite racer is F-Zero GX and I've been playing a lot of Motor Storm: Pacific Rift recently. Both get extremely difficult as well and I love the challenge and rush of scraping through. I think this should have been posted in the Brainhex quiz section...

Last edited by geggis; 11-12-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:31 AM   #1320
Pixiehunter

I just got Simon the Sorcerer 4 - Chaos Happens. Every once in a while game selling shops also sell adventures, so this is a nice reward for all the searching I have done the last months

« Last finished game | - »