You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General I Just Bought...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #1061
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Battlefield: Bad Company

I've always been a casual fan of the Battlefield series, so I thought I'd try this one. So far, I'm impressed. The story is interesting, if only to me because it bears a strong resemblance to a movie I like; the destructibility of the environment is a great feature; and the dialogue and characters are great. However, there are a few annoying issues with the game, such as a zoomed-in camera that limits the player's field of view. And I'm not sure when the Battlefield theme music was remixed, but it's appalling. Otherwise, it's a fun game so far.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:01 AM   #1062

Got the three extra steering wheels as well!
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2008, 12:35 AM   #1063
Lazy Bee

Faust The Seven Games of the Soul
Old 07-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #1064
Master of time and space

Two weeks of my vacation left and ...
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #1065
The Quiet One

I thought Mass Effect was a 12+? Haven't played ME but GTA 4 and Dead Rising are very good games. Enjoy.

If you're the sort of person who likes the idea of getting all the achievements, then i have to warn you, Dead Rising is bloody unfair at times. Quite a few of the achievements are very frustrating and ridiculous to get. Even if you're not aiming at getting them, there still might be occasions where you'll bugger up and have to replay from scratch because of the time limit and limited save rooms.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-26-2008, 05:23 PM   #1066
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
I thought Mass Effect was a 12+?
On the BBFC scale, yes. PEGI may have graded it it differently.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #1067
Stalker of Britain

Post Mortem!!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-27-2008, 02:25 AM   #1068
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
... Dead Rising is bloody unfair at times. Quite a few of the achievements are very frustrating and ridiculous to get. Even if you're not aiming at getting them, there still might be occasions where you'll bugger up and have to replay from scratch because of the time limit and limited save rooms.
Hehe I know, I've still to survive the first day. Those cons in the jeep keep taking me out. I'm currently at level 7.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:10 AM   #1069
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
On the BBFC scale, yes. PEGI may have graded it it differently.
Gotcha. Still, seems a bit extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
Hehe I know, I've still to survive the first day. Those cons in the jeep keep taking me out. I'm currently at level 7.
Oh, yeah, those cons really did piss me off. Using shotguns and sniper rifles helped me take them out. You can get them from the gunshop somewhere in the north part of the mall.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 08-03-2008, 04:34 AM   #1070

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Well. 2008 have been an awesome gaming summer in which I have finished a lot of games (Arcanum, Mass Effect, Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith, Wonder Boy 2 - Wonderboy in Monsterland, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, Crysis, Halo 2, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Two Worlds).

Now, 2 weeks before my summer is over I finally bent and bought a few things that I have been planning to buy for a long time. I know I wont be finished with these before im back to my studies though.

Pocket Playstation Silver
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Silent Hill: Origins
Playstation 3
Condemned 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

Last edited by JemyM; 08-03-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:03 AM   #1071
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
Well. 2008 have been an awesome gaming summer in which I have finished a lot of games (Arcanum, Mass Effect, Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith, Wonder Boy 2 - Wonderboy in Monsterland, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, Crysis, Halo 2, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Two Worlds).

Now, 2 weeks before my summer is over I finally bent and bought a few things that I have been planning to buy for a long time. I know I wont be finished with these before im back to my studies though.

Pocket Playstation Silver
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Silent Hill: Origins
Playstation 3
Condemned 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Nice one. You sure treat yourself better than I did when I was a student.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:24 AM   #1072

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
Nice one. You sure treat yourself better than I did when I was a student.
Being 30 and having a working wife means that my economy is above average for a student. I am going to have to scale down my current consumption though...
Old 08-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #1073

Zero Gunner 2

Under Defeat is one of my favourite games 'evar!'. This is supposed to follow in the same vein so I thought I'd check it out. I'm collecting Dreamcast shmups anyhow, so I'll have it sooner or later.

Silver

I've had this before but not given it a chance due to other games. I'm really interested in getting into these more accessable old RPGs.

Gigawing Generations

I've only got one shmup for the PS2 and that's gradius V which I've played to death. My Dreamcast(s) keep breaking down so I need a contingency plan when that happens and I can't play my DC shmups again.

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen

Never did complete this game when I was younger. I really wanna play the more old fashioned, dark RPGs. I don't like these new ones with this up the bum graphics. Some how none of them seem to have any soul.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #1074
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post

Silver

I've had this before but not given it a chance due to other games. I'm really interested in getting into these more accessable old RPGs.
Dude Silver ROCKS!!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #1075
Super Moderator

... if you can get past the crashes. I still haven't, which is a shame since I was enjoying it up until one such crash halted my progress.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:54 AM   #1076

Yes, I've read about the crashes. But if I can't get it to work, I'll wait until I get Vista. Apparently the game works perfect on Vista.

Check out this site for more info.

http://sylph.me.uk/silver/downloads.html

You should check out the videos this guy has made of Silver on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgPcQ-EYOoE
Old 08-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #1077
Super Moderator

Ooh, I might give it a go again in the near future then, since I have some vista laptops at hand.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #1078
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

In the last few days I've purchased Rag Doll Kung Fu (for all of £1.81), Universe at War (for all of £2.94), and a replacement copy of Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (for £7.99, and I love that title).

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura[/I] (for £7.99, and I love that title).
I've heard great things about that title. Speaking of which, I've just ordered a copy of Planescape Torment, which looks rather similar, and unlike the other 2 times I've owned it, I plan to play it this time.

Cost me lil' more than £7.99 though, as I bought it brand new.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:13 AM   #1080
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Arcanum was £7.99 new. Allegedly, though only time will tell for certain. Planescape Torment would indeed cost more new. Which allows me to feel smug for having bought it cheaply when it was originally released...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

« Last finished game | - »