You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #181
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva View Post
Dragon Age... What about project Offset?!
Project Offset has nothing to do with Bioware.

Apart from Dragon Age and Mass Effect, Bioware is working on a MMORPG. There's some speculation that the MMORPG in question is in fact KOTOR3, but it doesn't sound very plausible to me.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:22 PM   #182
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
Project Offset has nothing to do with Bioware.

Apart from Dragon Age and Mass Effect, Bioware is working on a MMORPG. There's some speculation that the MMORPG in question is in fact KOTOR3, but it doesn't sound very plausible to me.
I know Bioware aint working on it, but both games seem to have same/similar atmosphere.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 11-29-2006, 12:52 PM   #183
gin soaked boy

Similar atmosphere? You mean both have dragons?

Anyway, Project Offset has found a publisher. Its identity hasn't been revealed yet, but the rumor has it it's Microsoft.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #184
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
Similar atmosphere? You mean both have dragons?

Anyway, Project Offset has found a publisher. Its identity hasn't been revealed yet, but the rumor has it it's Microsoft.
Woulden't be surprised. Microsoft has been snatching up many IPs lately while Sony lays lazy and sloppy.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 11-29-2006, 02:36 PM   #185
merely human

"The geth are a bi-pedal, humanoid race of networked AIs that resides in the
Terminus Systems. The geth were created nearly 300 years ago by the quarians as
laborers and tools of war. When the geth began to question their masters, the quarians
attempted to exterminate them. The geth won the resulting war. The example of the geth
has led to legal, systematic repression of artificial intelligences in galactic society.

The geth can learn and grow intellectually, but they progress far more slowly than an
organic being. Still, the story of the geth's creation and evolution serves as a warning to the
rest of the galaxy of the potential dangers of Artificial Intelligence.

The closer geth physically are to each other, the more intelligent each one becomes. Effectively,
they "share" brain power. An individual geth has only a basic intelligence on par with animal
instincts, but in groups they can reason, analyze situations, and use tactics as well as any
of the organic races.

Over time the geth have evolved into numerous sub-forms - from the diminutive but highly
agile hoppers, to the gigantic, lumbering geth armatures. It should be stressed, however,
that in all forms the geth are to be approached with extreme caution as they are universally
violent creatures."

Mass Effect Q&A | Actiontrip.com, 11/29/06

" A few days ago, we were able to get hold of Mass Effect Project Director, Casey Hudson, to find out how the game is coming along. In the process, we were able to get additional information on characters, races and other cool details related to the gameplay. "

Quote:
There are literally hundreds of locations you can travel to in your ship, and what you'll find there can be anything from a barren asteroid to a large explorable location involving its own subplots, new characters, and extremely valuable rewards.

You'll encounter a wide variety of alien races in the game, but some of the major races are the Asari, Turians and Salarians. These are the three races that make up the Citadel Council. You may have seen in our demo videos that there was a Turian officer as part of your squad. He's the one that looks pretty aggressive, with bird-like facial features. There's also the Geth, a race of violent synthetic creatures that are extremely deadly in large numbers. You can read about them and see more images of other alien races on the Mass Effect website.

Conversations [with your squadmates and NPCs] are no longer about dealing with piles of text that you have to read - in each conversation in Mass Effect you can react so instinctively that you become immersed in how you feel about what's going on around you.

In demos we've shown how you can use [your skills, abilities, and powers] in combination during combat to pull off some amazing combinations. For example, at X06 we showed how one character in your squad can use an electromagnetic pulse attack to destroy an enemy's shields. Then we ran up and fired a "carnage" shotgun attack which involves overloading your shotgun for an extremely powerful close-range attack. The result of that combination tore a huge mechanical enemy to shreds! You'll also be able to develop abilities such as creating temporary dark energy force fields to take cover behind, attacks that use gravity-like effects to squeeze enemies to death, and tons of other combat, technical, and dark energy abilities.

We actually have a very ambitious downloadable content plan that will allow players to continue exploring the Mass Effect galaxy long after they finish the main story. More details on that to come...
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #186
gin soaked boy

Bird-like features? It looks like a cat to me.

I'd love to make a game similar in concept, only set in a pulpy space opera universe. Think Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, Dan Dare... And with absolutely ZERO ha-ha irony, I hate that.

I miss those early SF adventures. Sure, they all look quite cheesy from today's perspective, but there was so much wild imagination involved! Modern SF - even modern space opera SF - is often too formulaic and so predictably gritty. Seems like only Alan Moore has the balls to write honest to god pulp fiction these days.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #187
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

AAAAHHH I cannot wait for this game. Shoot me now!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:23 AM   #188
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq View Post
AAAAHHH I cannot wait for this game. Shoot me now!
I'll shoot alright.

But seriously this game is really going to be the next Oblivion for the 360.

_

Old 11-30-2006, 01:13 PM   #189
merely human

You'll be able to play a male or female character. Figures I'm always picking the girl, but I can't help it, I love being a virtual woman.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #190
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
You'll be able to play a male or female character. Figures I'm always picking the girl, but I can't help it, I love being a virtual woman.
Certainly cheaper than the alternative.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #191
merely human

No thanks. From what my female friends tell me based on their experiences, I'll stay male, thank you.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:26 PM   #192
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post

LOL.. I know! I just can't help it! And I always name her....
Old 11-30-2006, 10:05 PM   #193
Citizen of Bizarro World

What do you name her? I liked the name-generator in Jade Empire. When I was playing it through a second time, I picked a chick (the one in a red miniskirt, i.e. the hottest one), and decided to go the evil route. The name I liked out of the choices it gave me was Lioness Lingzi, which I thought was very appropriate.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 11-30-2006, 10:05 PM   #194
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq View Post
LOL.. I know! I just can't help it! And I always name her....
BTW, I never did succeed in winning the hunky Sky over with my monk stud character in Jade Empire. However, there is this kissing scene at Dirge between your female character and the ninja princess babe Silk Fox. Gaygamer.net has a link to a video of it (be warned, it's pretty hot and part of other girl-to-girl scenes in other games). The 'L' word is key in your search.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:39 PM   #195
Psychonaut

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=mov&id=15554

New Video
Old 12-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #196
merely human

It's supposed to be avaible on Live today. I'll see if I can watch it tonight.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #197
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post

Awesome!
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 12-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #198
is not wierd

I just experienced a major cockblock when was watching that and remembered I wouldn't ever be getting a 360...
Old 12-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #199
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Fuck it. I'm switching to console gaming.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:44 PM   #200
merely human

Just watched the X06 clip on my little HDTV after downloading from Live (admittedly it's the fifth or sixth time I watched it).

It's absolutely, positively, weepingly STUNNING. It's really interesting in that - with the jawdropping graphics, the fast paced combat, the well integrated RPG features, the sound design and music - the sum of all the parts combined create this rich and seamless experience. I know this may sound cliche, but I felt like I was deep in a dramatic epic sci-fi movie but I was with the characters. Everything I've seen thus far....well, it's just it feels right, all the elements fit together tightly, perfectly.

The real time control you'll have during the dialogues with your squadmates and the various NPCs pull you deeper into the story. There looks to be no awkward moments at all where the characters just stand there waiting for you to choose which line, it flows like water and the drama isn't disrupted. And I love the combat - part real time, part stop motion strategy, and still looks to feel fluid while pumping your adrenaline in the moment.

Good job so far, Bioware.

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 12-08-2006 at 11:50 PM.