You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Recent movies seen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 05:40 AM   #2261
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe View Post
I happened to see it earlier today, and I agree with your post except for the "terrible" violence part. It wasn't bad at all, at least compared to what I've seen in the past.
Perhaps I used the wrong word. I certainly don't for a second believe that it is violent for the sake of violence - such a claim would simply not be true - nor do I believe there's a lot of violence in regards of quanity... but I do believe this is the worst I have seen in regards to the 'quality' of the violence (especially in the context of the story).
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 03-04-2007, 06:24 AM   #2262
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Attack Force - (2006) - Steven Seagal at his worse! I really mean it this action film is so bland and bad, people get filled with bullets and no blood, then near the end suddently the people bleed when they kill the last few guys in the film, very silly. The dialog is boring and has no passion. The voices are out of sync at times which really pulls you out of the already stale dialog. And the best part of the film is the last scene...

Spoiler:
Where Seagal saves a soldier but the soldier turns out to be infected with the drug and kills him in a car while his driving.

For me that scene was quite funny for some reason. This film is not even worth pirating, Go see the Departed instead.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-04-2007, 11:07 AM   #2263

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - I hadn't seen this since I was a kid, so I was expecting something bad. It actually wasn't. It didn't take itself seriously and had fun.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:17 PM   #2264
The Major Grubert.

Snakes on a Plane, babyee, Snakes on a Plane!

Okay, I saw it. I don't need to see it again. Fun? Somewhat, surely worth the rental. But the snakes did too many stupid things, and their explanation why didn't wash with me. It didn't gel as the film developed.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #2265
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorkleCat View Post
Went nuts and rented four movies...we were up till almost 4 this morning and I feel pretty groggy but here's what we watched:

1. Aliens...it had been a long time since we'd seen it. Typical James Cameron. Alien isn't my favorite Sci Fi franchise, but I enjoyed it anyway.
I'll always cherish Ridley Scott's first film, but I thought Cameron's follow-up made for one of the best sequels in blockbuster history.

Quote:
3. Memoirs of A Geisha...Very interesting look into the world of Geishas, lovely to look at, kind of sad and disturbing.
Great film, well done.

Quote:
4. Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas...had seen this one before. What can I say? Johnny Depp was brilliant, subject matter was hilarious in a very disturbing way.
I own this film and have seen it a few times, but the last time I watched it (#3 or 4) was difficult. But only because it was painfully real. Depp and Del Toro did such a good job.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:54 AM   #2266
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Just saw "Back To Gaya" which I understand is a German film, also called "The Snurks" or "Boo, Zino, And The Snurks" For some reason, it was showing at our local cinema (and nowhere else really) despite having been released in 2004.

It was quite mediocre and suffered from some poor voice acting, lack of characterization, silly action sequences, one liners, and a lot of cliches. The premise could have been interesting, but it felt like they were trying to make some sort of CG blockbuster to compete with Pixar or Disney, rather than concentrating on making a genuine film with a soul.

I think that film makers who include humorous kung fu fighting scenes in their films should have to pay a special annoyance tax to the viewers for being so uncreative.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #2267
capsized.

The fucking Big Lebowski in fucking 2 minutes. I dunno, the narrative flow seemed to be a little lost in that one. Liked the music, though.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #2268
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Haven't seen it yet, but I bought "Feast" today.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #2269
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
The fucking Big Lebowski in fucking 2 minutes. I dunno, the narrative flow seemed to be a little lost in that one. Liked the music, though.
awesome! it should have had a counter aswell though

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 03-05-2007, 08:24 PM   #2270
The Major Grubert.

THX 1138: Special Edition. It was nice to revisit this.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:31 PM   #2271
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
As comic bowling films go "Kingpin" is far superior on many levels, not the least of which being storyline.

Share the love.

<3
Old 03-05-2007, 10:38 PM   #2272
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
As comic bowling films go "Kingpin" is far superior on many levels, not the least of which being storyline.
I hope that is a joke.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:10 PM   #2273
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
I hope that is a joke.
Actually it's an opinion, but it's clearly one you and I do not share.

Share the love.

<3
Old 03-05-2007, 11:17 PM   #2274
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Heheh, I've only seen Kingpin once, I don't remember much about it except that it had Bill Murray and Vanessa Angel in it.

And Vanessa's one particular scene I remember very well.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #2275
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Woody Harrelson rocked in that one.... (Bill Murray, too.)

Hey, I hope you don't mind, I got up a little early, so I took the liberty of milking your cow for you. Yeah, it took a little while to get her warmed up, she sure is a stubborn one, whew.
(takes a drink from the bucket)

We don't have a cow. We have a bull.

I'm gonna brush my teeth.

With Big Lebowski, it's a little weird. I missed it at the cinema (like many did, I'm sure), but a year or so later I and a friend rented it on VHS, a short while later it seemed to be popular amongst other friends as well. Then at college, literally EVERYONE seemed to be a dedicated fan. And I haven't met a single person who didn't like the movie to this very day.

edit: Oh shit, I haven't seen this in years (and then, in Germon.) :laugh:

editedit: Not that it has anything to do with bowling, Kingpin or Da Dude, but this is another goofy moment favourite of mine. Just found it so, eh. The farts Murphy's playing in that movie are gold, their German voices too actually... SEXUAL CHOCOLATE! *beeeep*

Last edited by samIamsad; 03-06-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #2276
The Major Grubert.

Four Rooms. It didn't quite gel for me.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:36 AM   #2277
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Finally got around to seeing Feast last night. It was a fun, gory, funny experience. I especially loved the "stats" that came up as each main character was introduced. The one for the "Heroine" was great, with Life Expectancy listed as "hopefully longer than the last Hero", lol. I want to see it with a group of friends, as I'm sure it'll be a great one to interact with, in the style of MST3K.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:41 AM   #2278
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
Four Rooms. It didn't quite gel for me.
I didn't think it was meant to, it's like four mini films, written and directed by four people separately.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:58 AM   #2279
In an evening of July...

Neverwhere, the British TV-miniseries.

I loved Neil Gaiman's original novel, and wasn't disappointed by the show. Although you can see it was made with a pretty tight budget, the acting was natural and the scenery didn't feel cheap. Also, since the dialogs were inherited from the book word by word, the show is funny like hell, but also very morbid and surreal.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:21 AM   #2280
Elegantly copy+pasted

Wasn't Neverwhere written as a TV show and then turned into a book afterwards?