You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #621
It's Hard To Be Humble

Dear Aggie:

I'm tired and not feeling terribly well. I'm also missing someone. I hope she's okay.

Sincerely,
Old 01-09-2007, 07:05 PM   #622
merely human

See You When You're 40
Dido

I've driven round in circles for three hours
It was bound to happen that I'd end up at yours
I temporarily forgot there's better days to come
I thought that I would give it just one more chance

Cos' I want, tonight, what I've been waiting for
But I found, tonight, what I'd been warned about

You think that you are complicated, deep mystery to all
Well it's taken me a while to see, you're not so special
All energy, no meaning, with a lot of words
So paper thin that one real feeling, could knock you down

And I've seen, tonight, what I'd been warned about
I'm gonna leave, tonight, before I change my mind

So see me when your 40, lost and all alone
being comforted by strangers you'll never need to know
not sad because you lost me but sad because
you thought it was cool to be sad

You think misery will make you stand apart from the crowd
well if you had walked past me today I wouldn't have picked you out
I wouldn't have picked you out

Now I've seen, tonight, how I could waste my time
and I'll be on my way, and I won't be back
'cos I've seen, tonight, what I've been warned about

you're just a boy, not a man, and I'm not coming back.

It just perfectly sums up how I feel about how love, intimacy, and human connectedness are handled today. How some people carry weights on their shoulders to look the part. Designer brooding. The mood swing du jour. Like an ultimate fashion accessory. Call me emo, I have a shrink in L.A. who charges me $100 an hour, my personal trainer listens to me...
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #623
Creepy Father Figure

I saved the problem. I have a cat I can tell anything and a Tai Chi DVD
Old 01-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #624
merely human

OMG! I can't believe Nanay is watching Maury Povich on t.v.!!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-10-2007, 01:56 PM   #625
Lovable rogue

Just be thankful she isn't watching Montel.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 01-11-2007, 04:38 AM   #626
Second Degree Black Belt

Well say Jatsie

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 01-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #627
Lazy Bee

Dear AGCB
We've actually got some snow on the ground here. It started falling big snowflakes a couple of hours ago and now it's..... a lot whiter than before anyway. The ground isn't completely covered in snow, but it's a good start.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #628
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I'm feeling fashionably lugubrious today. Maybe it'll get me a date for the AG Prom.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #629
kamikaze hummingbirds

oh shit, we have our school prom soon.
why do we have to rip off the americans so much so that people like me get ANOTHER night to be depressed?
Old 01-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #630
merely human

I went on a date last night.

He was quite pleasing. Other than the usual comparisons and details (we're both Virgos, not California natives, prefer inimitable idiosyncracies instead of blindly following fashion, are both very sensual types), I found him refreshing for his personality, his unique attractiveness, and his style. When he arrived in his silver Jaguar to pick me up, he wore thick black framed glasses, a dark blue cotton 1950s windbreaker, a white t-shirt underneath, indigo denim dungarees with the cuffs turned up very high, and black Converse sneakers. He had a five o'clock shadow and brown hair neatly cut and swept up to a ducktail (reminiscent of Morissey in the 80s).

His voice was masculine and rather sexy, but also comfortably laid back. He reminded me of some of the undergrad guys I used to hang out with back in art school. He works in alternative therapy, helping people (mostly those in the entertainment industry) recover from addictions, so he told me a few stories about the drama that sometimes happens at his work. The place is somewhere in Malibu, by the ocean.

We went to Old Pasadena, to this sweet little Indian restaurant. As it turned out we both hadn't had Indian in a long time (me for over a year, him for two years) and the food was so satisfying. We both ended up getting chicken tikka, with samosas to start (I ordered a chicken tikka masala for take away for the next day's dinner). After dinner we strolled up and down Colorado Boulevard and ended up going into Urban Outfitters, where he bought new bedsheets (he had just moved to a new place, which happened to be closer to where I live), and I perused a paperback on how to have better orgasms (it was actually very informative!).

After driving me home we sat in his car and talked more about ourselves, our personal philosophies, our plans, and what things mean to us. A sweet closure for the evening. I have no idea how this will turn out, but last night, I felt centered in a way I hadn't felt in a long time. And I'm fine with that as I progress further in my life.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:31 PM   #631
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
oh shit, we have our school prom soon.
why do we have to rip off the americans so much so that people like me get ANOTHER night to be depressed?
Well, why don't you just ask that girl out?
Old 01-11-2007, 01:40 PM   #632
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I rejoice in having been able to avoid every ball ever, and in having been to a school that hadn't imported the prom idea wholesale.

I feel for you, Hammer.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #633
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post

I went on a date last night.

He was quite pleasing. Other than the usual comparisons and details (we're both Virgos, not California natives, prefer inimitable idiosyncracies instead of blindly following fashion, are both very sensual types), I found him refreshing for his personality, his unique attractiveness, and his style. When he arrived in his silver Jaguar to pick me up, he wore thick black framed glasses, a dark blue cotton 1950s windbreaker, a white t-shirt underneath, indigo denim dungarees with the cuffs turned up very high, and black Converse sneakers. He had a five o'clock shadow and brown hair neatly cut and swept up to a ducktail (reminiscent of Morissey in the 80s).

His voice was masculine and rather sexy, but also comfortably laid back. He reminded me of some of the undergrad guys I used to hang out with back in art school. He works in alternative therapy, helping people (mostly those in the entertainment industry) recover from addictions, so he told me a few stories about the drama that sometimes happens at his work. The place is somewhere in Malibu, by the ocean.

We went to Old Pasadena, to this sweet little Indian restaurant. As it turned out we both hadn't had Indian in a long time (me for over a year, him for two years) and the food was so satisfying. We both ended up getting chicken tikka, with samosas to start (I ordered a chicken tikka masala for take away for the next day's dinner). After dinner we strolled up and down Colorado Boulevard and ended up going into Urban Outfitters, where he bought new bedsheets (he had just moved to a new place, which happened to be closer to where I live), and I perused a paperback on how to have better orgasms (it was actually very informative!).

After driving me home we sat in his car and talked more about ourselves, our personal philosophies, our plans, and what things mean to us. A sweet closure for the evening. I have no idea how this will turn out, but last night, I felt centered in a way I hadn't felt in a long time. And I'm fine with that as I progress further in my life.
Yaaay!! Always feel good when a friend has a good time.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:12 AM   #634
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
I rejoice in having been able to avoid every ball ever, and in having been to a school that hadn't imported the prom idea wholesale.

I feel for you, Hammer.
Same here. I never cease to be amazed that schools even still have proms in the US, let alone that other countries are adopting a similar practice.

Share the love.

<3
Old 01-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #635
merely human

Oh gaaaawwwwd, I'm sooo bored and sleepy here at work!!! Might try to wake me self up by catching up on news on BBC or NYT, though that may make it worse. Hmmm, there's always the cartoons on The New Yorker.

That does it. No more retiring at 2 or 3 am on a school night!! I'm sick of feeling like a zombie readying myself for work in the morning.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #636
It's Hard To Be Humble

Dear Aggie:

I'm sick.

No, I'm not looking for pity. Chicken soup, maybe, but not pity. Just explaining why I'm so quiet right now. I feel like garbage, and I'm tired and cranky, and I've had to work through the past few days when I really wanted to be in bed. I also want to just play games. Can't decide what to play, and I'm too tired to sit at my desk and play.

Conclusion: I need a laptop.

Okay, sulking done. As you were.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:17 PM   #637
merely human

Old 01-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #638
It's Hard To Be Humble

((Trep))
Old 01-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #639
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Lee,
Don't forget to drink lots of green tea.

Share the love.

<3
Old 01-13-2007, 02:19 AM   #640
Lazy Bee

Lee
A small amount of whisky will do you good. Why not try my favourite single malt?