You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #3081
Stalker of Britain

Is it alright if I ask what your game's about, Mori?
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 01-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #3082
tsa
Playing character

I would really worry if everybody likes your stuff. Then you have made something like pop music or the Peugeot 207 (the best selling car in Europe I believe): average in all respects but not really good in any of them. I'm glad that there are a few people who said they didn't like my stories because they are just not their thing.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #3083
tsa
Playing character

Tonight I was at the house of a sick colleague of mine to bring him a Get Well card from the group. He was very happy with that, and he said: "Stay for COUGH COUGH dinner tonight RAHEU!! Wraf." I politely declined and said that I would stay for dinner when he was better.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #3084
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Tonight I was at the house of a sick colleague of mine to bring him a Get Well card from the group. He was very happy with that, and he said: "Stay for COUGH COUGH dinner tonight RAHEU!! Wraf." I politely declined and said that I would stay for dinner when he was better.
That was very nice of you tsa.... you know the card and all. I can understand how your friend is feeling. I currently have no voice, I had to try and teach this way. The other teacher that I work with is expecting and she has very bad morning sickness that last 90% of the day, so needless to say she has been out alot here lately and I'm pulling double weight. I don't really mind the extra work b/c she would do it if I needed her to do it for me. But I guess I'm just tired.

Got to run my fingers are getting sore from typing...teehee

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 01-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #3085
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
I would really worry if everybody likes your stuff. Then you have made something like pop music or the Peugeot 207 (the best selling car in Europe I believe): average in all respects but not really good in any of them. I'm glad that there are a few people who said they didn't like my stories because they are just not their thing.

I have a hunch you might like my game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
It's basically about making colors. But it's actually about exactly what tsa is saying.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #3086
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
The other teacher that I work with is expecting and she has very bad morning sickness that last 90% of the day, so needless to say she has been out alot here lately and I'm pulling double weight. I don't really mind the extra work b/c she would do it if I needed her to do it for me. But I guess I'm just tired.
We've had a similar situation at work Bulldog, but my co-worker is at home with the flu. Since we don't use substitute teachers due to economics I've had to work extra 4*90 minutes this week. My own work has been put on hold and several times I've had to plan my own classes on my lunch break.

I hope you'll be able to relax this weekend Bulldog and get your voice back.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #3087
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Heyhou!

I'm back, for now at least...
I hope someone still recognizes this poor soul.

Lets see if I start to stick around again, it's been a long while again since I've been here, last year maybe only three visits to the forums which is quite amazing in my case as I used to be a big addict for AG.

A little shocker update on Kolzig's life.

I am now engaged to my darling M from Japan.
She is quite something, my saviour.

I feel now for the first time in my life that my life has a meaning.
Also work related, I got a kind of promotion couple of months ago, which has caused some unnecessary stress, but it's cool at least for now.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #3088
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
Poor unfortunate souls, in pain, in need?
Old 01-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #3089
Lazy Bee

Quote:
I do! Good to see you around Kolzig!

Quote:

Wow, congrats. That's good news! I'm so happy for you! And congrats to M as well.

Quote:
Also work related, I got a kind of promotion couple of months ago, which has caused some unnecessary stress, but it's cool at least for now.
Just be cool, aren't all Finnsh guys really cool.?
Old 01-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #3090
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Good to see some familiar faces here.

I did some history searching and the last time I actually was here was when I posted about the sad stuff that happened near my hometown and how one of my friends was affected very closely by it. I can give a status update on that just by saying that slowly he has processed what happened and is now back to normal life.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #3091
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
We've had a similar situation at work Bulldog, but my co-worker is at home with the flu. Since we don't use substitute teachers due to economics I've had to work extra 4*90 minutes this week. My own work has been put on hold and several times I've had to plan my own classes on my lunch break.

Hey Jelena.... yeah I've had to do that this week. Or eat luch out of one hand and write with the other. I can understand about thI'm not working as well subsitutes as well, my boss is trying to cut hours and pay. I'm not working as many hours as you are but since I'm sick I'm just so tired.

I'm going to have some tea for my throat... but thank you for the well wishes.

Oh and Kolzig congrads to you and M. Glad to see you around again.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 01-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #3092
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
Sorry about your not getting the Jud part as well MoriartyL. When you had no expectations it would have been fine but I can understand how frustrating having the part waved at you and then snatched away must be.

My brother-in-law, the seriously ill one, woke up yesterday. Now someone's got to tell him the bad news. Mrs Urhan isn't up to it so guess who's in the frame for that one.
Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I hope the brother-in-law is doing better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post
Dear AG

I just came back from a wonderful 6-day trip to beautiful Italy. I was mesmerized by the history and art in Rome, awestruck by the art and culture in firenze, and fell in love with the Romantic Venezia. I think, most of all, I was very impressed with the Italian people, and their generosity and eagerness to help, even when language was a big barrier.

What a wonderful country and wonderful people
Oh Italy. That's one country I'd love to visit one day. Sounds beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Well, yes. I welcome all criticism, especially the kind that I couldn't have anticipated. I always assume criticism is more honest than compliments, and I like to know how people honestly feel about my work. Unfortunately, the first person I showed the complete game to was someone who, judging from her reaction, couldn't possibly like it, no matter how I changed it. So I know that some people are going to dislike this.

Early next week.
Congrats on the game Moriarty. I'll buy a copy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post

I'm glad I get a flu shot every year, because everyone at work, has been sick lately. And everyone is losing their voices too when they get sick.

Quote:
Heyhou!

Lets see if I start to stick around again, it's been a long while again since I've been here, last year maybe only three visits to the forums which is quite amazing in my case as I used to be a big addict for AG.

Congrats on the engagement Kolzig.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:27 PM   #3093
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post

I have a hunch you might like my game.

It's basically about making colors. But it's actually about exactly what tsa is saying.

So it's about colouring a Peugeot 207? I don't get it.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:09 AM   #3094
Freeware Co-ordinator

Heavy snow has hit England, bringing it to a standstill.

(For those of you in genuinely snow countries, this is a lot for us OK. )

Not ideal timing as it is my mother-in-law's funeral today but I've been out this morning and the major roads appear clear so heres hoping.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 02-02-2009, 03:29 AM   #3095
Super Moderator

Can I laugh a bit Steve? We had about 6-9 inches overnight last week and I couldn't make it out of my apartment (driving I mean, until they plowed).

That amount we can handle no problem, because it's pretty standard and they have the equipment to deal with it. But when you don't... Drive slow.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:41 AM   #3096
kamikaze hummingbirds

The funniest part of it all is that London has completely stopped: buses aren't operating and neither are certain Underground stations.
It is the biggest snowfall we've had for a number of years, though.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:10 AM   #3097
tsa
Playing character

Poor Stepurhan. I hope the funeral went well. I heard on the radio today that you will get a lot more snow in the days ahead.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #3098
tsa
Playing character

It's now on the news that we (the Netherlands) finally get an 'investigation' into why we went to Iraq. Our Prime Minister himself appointed someone he knows well as head of the investigation committee, and suggested some former ministers and Prime Ministers as members of the committee. I think I already know the outcome of this investigation. Sigh. We have a standard procedure for things like this, a "parliamentary investigation," but no, King Balkenende has to have it his way again. I so hope our abysmal government will fall over this.

Edit: I am really angry about this.

Last edited by tsa; 02-02-2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: I am really angry and disappointed in the spineless government we have at the moment.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #3099
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Dear Aggie,

I wish I could go to the New York Comic Con. Not only do I think it would be simply awesome, but the best toys are always exclusives there (or at cons in general).

I so wish I could get this one, but it's an exclusive to the con:

(Image from here)

But I don't have any time, and neither can I afford going there just to buy a toy (I can afford the toy, but a ticket, hotel etc. are just a bit too much just for a toy.)

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #3100
tsa
Playing character

Maybe someone from the forum who is going will get you one and send it to you?