You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #2881
Stalker of Britain

Great job, Jaz!!!!!

And WTF?!?!?! That's a whole freakin' alot amount for shipping. No wonder I tried to order $2 worth of stuff in England, and the shipping on it made it about $65!!!!! Is it even worth it?!?!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #2882
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Dear Aggie,

Yesterday was my Archery and Shooting Club's Youth Christmas party. We had a little contest, which included a few rounds archery, and some with Air rifle. To my dismay, I didn't manage to score a single point using the bow (though to my defense, we were shooting without visor, which is not really an exact process)...but I did gain 557 points with the air rifle, making me end up on the second place. I have a nice Trophy now. ^_^

-
Great job Jaz!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #2883
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Great job, Jaz!!!!!

And WTF?!?!?! That's a whole freakin' alot amount for shipping. No wonder I tried to order $2 worth of stuff in England, and the shipping on it made it about $65!!!!! Is it even worth it?!?!
I don't get it anymore. My Google says 7 euros is US$ 9.71
Old 12-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #2884
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the congrats, everyone. ^_^

Also, try Xe.com for currency conversions. It's never let me down so far.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 12-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #2885
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Today I had the colonoscopy done. The preparations the day and morning before the actual examination were far worse than having a fiber optic camera inside your body.
It was amazing to see inside the colon. And I might add it was clean and shiny as a marble floor.
Apparently there was some kind of suspicion I had a polyp in there, but that wasn't the case, lucky me. Now that my doctor has ruled out all other things the conclusion has to be IBS (Irritated bowel syndrome) and it's just something I have to live with and learn to handle which I pretty much already do.

I'm glad to hear your test came out ok Jelena. I had a colonoscopy myself years ago. My mother and I both suffer from IBS. One of the biggest triggers for me, is fatty foods, fried foods, and stress. For some it can be food allergies, or allergies to all the preservatives in food. Dairy and tomato products can also cause problems. However, I was always amazed, at how stress alone, could trigger an attack in my colon. My doc says exercise helps, so started walking this past year.

I used to live on Imodium, for years, to treat it. I hope the IBS isn't too bad for you. I wouldn't wish IBS on my worst enemy. It has its own "special" kind of pain. I wish you good colon health for 2009 and beyond.

Anyway, nothing too new and exciting here in Illinois. Just lots of snow. Ugh. Also, I was into vampire books when I was younger, all the Anne Rice books, etc. But I got burnt out on vampires. But then this movie Twilight came along (basically a highschool vampire/human romance), and I got all the books in the Twilight series for Christmas from a coworker. I read all four books in a week. Now I want to see the movie. I guess they are making movies on all the books. I have to admit, I enjoyed them more then I thought I would, however, the author "borrows" some things for her vampires from Anne Rice's vampires. I still like Anne Rice's vampires better.

I'd recommend all the Twilight books though. I guess vampires stories must be popular again, because I'm seeing many authors putting them out. Especially for the "teenage girl" age bracket. Personally, I dig werewolves more these days, but that's just me.

Hope everyone has been well. Stay warm!

Last edited by MystGirl; 12-21-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #2886
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystGirl View Post
I'm glad to hear your test came out ok Jelena.
Thank you!
Quote:
My doc says exercise helps, so started walking this past year.
I also walk a lot (first walk of the day is 6 o'clock together with my dog) and I can tell it helps. If I'm lazy it gets worse.

Quote:
I hope the IBS isn't too bad for you. I wouldn't wish IBS on my worst enemy.
So long as I avoid certain foods I'm OK, but sometimes I get pains from out of nowhere it seems. I got some medicine for the intestine cramps and it's working fine.
Quote:
Anyway, nothing too new and exciting here in Illinois. Just lots of snow. Ugh.
Now, that's unfair. I live in Scandinavia and I don't have any snow at all. Further up north there's snow, but not in the Stockholm area.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #2887
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystGirl View Post
Anyway, nothing too new and exciting here in Illinois.
MYSTGIRL!!!!! I didn't know you were from the land of Lincoln!! I mean, I think I did and I think we've had this discussion befre, but I forgot! I live in Missouri!! lol That makes a lot more sense. When we were talking about sending some games, I thought you were from over seas and it would have costed a fortune!!!

So, out of curiosity, do people have Facebook?
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 12-21-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:58 AM   #2888
kamikaze hummingbirds

I don't.
But then I'm unusually low-key.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:41 AM   #2889

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
I have it! If you want to contact me, my real name is under the title of every review I write
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 12-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #2890
Lazy Bee

Prepare the meatballs - check
Buy the Christmas tree - check
Send the Christmas cards - check
Buy the last gift - check
Buy more Glögg - check

Things left to do:
Prepare the ham and spareribs- Have Mr J do it.
Iron the special Christmas tablecloth
Decorate the Christmas tree.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:17 AM   #2891
Stalker of Britain

Oh yay!!! You were on of my closest friends on here which I was hoping did have it! lol I'm not sure which reviews you've done...which reviews have you done? lol
Old 12-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #2892

Casebook one, for example. Otherwise, just check on facebook Andrea Morstabilini (I'm the one with the colored photo, not the one with the black/white photo)
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #2893
Stalker of Britain

Yay!! lol Thanks a bunch. It might just be me, but I've gotten to be kinda good friends with some people on here; like you, and tsa, etc. So I'm glad you have Facebook!

So, how is everything with you?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:29 AM   #2894
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Sorry Fantasy, I'm far too old for that. But if you want to contact me, send me a PM or check my website for an email address
Old 12-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #2895

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Sorry Fantasy, I'm far too old for that.
That's not true, tsa! We want you on Facebook! Come on!

Old 12-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #2896
tsa
Playing character

I've been on Hyves for a few months but it's just too much of a hassle for me. I have my own website already, and that's enough work as it is, updating it every four months or so . Updating websites is very low on my list of things I like to to, even below folding the laundry .
Old 12-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #2897
Stalker of Britain

Too old?! Nonsense!!! You're not too old!!! People want you on Facebook, see?! lol You should to keep in contact with people!!! For some reason, I feel like I'm actually friends with some people on here, so it would be nice to know them on a bit more personal level. * at Andrea*
Old 12-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #2898
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I don't really see how Facebook helps people get to know one another... aside from being able to see pictures of them, anyway. It's a very impersonal medium. I prefer blogs, forums, e-mails, and IMs.

That said, there's an AG Facebook group, and I'm on it, so if you'd like to add me, feel free.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:21 PM   #2899
Stalker of Britain

OMG, you scared me there, Squinky. You made it sound like you were dead against it, then you just throw out there that you're on it and we can befriend you. I thought you were about to go into a long rant berating Facebook or other-non-forum mediums!!! lol Thanks for the link! I love this adventure game site, and now to have a kind of "this is where I belong" group on Facebook is amazing.

I know we get to know people here, but for me-I sometimes forget real names if I'm ever told, genders, where the person is from, and what they look like, which is what I like on Facebook.

EDIT: Well, I would befriend you..if I actually knew your name.

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 12-22-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #2900
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

The information you seek can be found here.