You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2006, 04:18 PM   #41
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerz
Everyone in my general area stared at me, and I then realized that I celebrating Kobe dunking over the only Canadian player in the NBA. Whoops. I made it out of there okay. Canucks are good people.
Hehehehe funny

Something similar happened when I was watching Brazil vs England in the 2002 world cup in an Irish bar. Most of the people going to an Irish bar are English of course, so it was really awkward that we were celebrating Brazil winning the game when everone else looked very very pissed that their home team was just kicked out of the world cup.

Firefox rules
Old 04-30-2006, 09:53 PM   #42
Homer of Kittens

Did you see the Lakers game? Wow just wow. And Kobe is really playing like an MVP with all the nonselfish gameplay, and getting his teammates involved. Now that's the sign of a true great player. He's sacrificing his scoring a little, but just look at how the Lakers are pulling off a miracle.

Firefox rules

Last edited by SoccerDude28; 04-30-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:30 AM   #43
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Did you see the Lakers game? Wow just wow. And Kobe is really playing like an MVP with all the nonselfish gameplay, and getting his teammates involved. Now that's the sign of a true great player. He's sacrificing his scoring a little, but just look at how the Lakers are pulling off a miracle.
Sacramento as well. They should be up 3-1 right now. Damn, I REALLY hope they can steal Game 5, but I doubt it.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:39 AM   #44
OUATIJ Creator

My question for John Hollinger today on an ESPN SportsNation chat:

Ben (Frisco, TX): So, is it just me or do the Mavs look like the best team in the playoffs so far? Spurs series tied up, Phoenix about to lose to the 7 seed, Detroit getting thumped by 20... The Mavs are playing a better team than the other elites in the league, and they're up 3-0. Impressed?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (3:21 PM ET ) Extremely impressed. Dirk is still No.1 in playoff PER, and making lots of the kind of plays that his critics have panned him for in the past -- hitting the clutch 3, taking a hard message foul on Gasol, etc. Dallas really looks ready for that Spurs showdown next week.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #45

Yes, the Laker win in game 4 just blew my mind. I was busy getting my drink on since there seemed to be no hope. Then wham, a miracle play to send the game to OT, then double-wham...another miracle play to win it. That was cool. Phoenix is a good team. If they had a healthy Staudamire and Ken Thomas they'd very likely be winning a championship.

Dallas is playing as well as anybody right now. I don't like the Kings, but I'm rooting for them to topple the Spurs. I can just imagine what Finley would be thinking if that should happen and the Mavs make it to the finals.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:31 PM   #46
SamNMax

Pretty big upsets. Lakers about to put Pheonix away, Clippers leading Denver, Sactown holding on (albeit by a thread), Pacers leading New Jersey and Chicago right on top of Miami. What drama :o

Old 05-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #47
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Pretty big upsets. Lakers about to put Pheonix away, Clippers leading Denver, Sactown holding on (albeit by a thread), Pacers leading New Jersey and Chicago right on top of Miami. What drama
The world order is back to normal.
Sac lost to San Antonio, Pacers lost to Jersey, and Chicago lost to the heat.

Firefox rules
Old 05-02-2006, 09:06 PM   #48
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
The world order is back to normal.
Sac lost to San Antonio, Pacers lost to Jersey, and Chicago lost to the heat.
So...boring and predictable...
Old 05-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #49

It's do or die time for Lakers. Can they go up to Phoenix and take it, or will Nash and Co. break their hearts (again). Did I mention that I dislike Tim Thomas?
Old 05-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #50
SamNMax

I really hope they kill the Suns. I'm sick of the bum rap the Lakers get. They're the most underrated team in the league.

Old 05-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #51
hello

What the hell was Kobe doing? 3 shots in the second half from the leagues leading scorer seems pretty bizzare... maybe someone paid him off. Anyway... Bummer for lakers...

todays results pretty much just cement the obvious outcome... spurs and pistons final...
Old 05-08-2006, 09:05 AM   #52
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
I really hope they kill the Suns. I'm sick of the bum rap the Lakers get. They're the most underrated team in the league.
They are not underrated, they are just not a very good basketball team. Kobe really played well, but he needs some serious help there. It's really interesting how the top 8 teams in the playoffs made it to the second round. 82 games of the regular season don't lie.

Firefox rules
Old 05-08-2006, 01:51 PM   #53
SamNMax

On the contrary, I thought they played pretty good in the regular season. But, they had six great teams that just did better. I do agree that the Lakers need more expirience, but they're still not bad. I just wish Odom would play like he's capable of playing. Also, Luke Walton is a pretty underrated player. Really. Great passer.

But then, Celtic fans have to hate the Lakers, so forget it.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:52 AM   #54
OUATIJ Creator

That's right Mavs...MASSACRE those Spurs! WHOOO!!!

Heh, ok, I know it's just one game and the series is tied 1-1, but I just loved the way they played tonight regardless of where this series goes from here. Mavs have home court advantage now.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:04 PM   #55

I predict Suns - Mavs for western finals

Pistons - Heat for eastern finals

Mavs - Pistons for the championship with Pistons winning in 7.

I've heard of a rumor that has the Lakers trading Odom, Mihm, and Smush for Kevin Garnett.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #56
SamNMax

Wouldn't surprise me. Although I wouldn't think KG would look good in a Laker uniform.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:01 PM   #57
Homer of Kittens

Wow that Spurs-Mavs game was awesome. I wouldn't count the Spurs out yet. They just need to win the next game and they will be back on level ground. If they lose it though, they will need to win 3 in a row which will be very difficult.

Firefox rules
Old 05-14-2006, 12:53 AM   #58
OUATIJ Creator

If the Mavs get to the Finals and lose to the Pistons I would be shattered, lol. I would rather them lose to the Spurs than that. However, I hope they beat the Spurs because those guys have been their nemesis for years. Then again, I'm afraid that if the Mavs beat them they'll feel like they already won the championship and sit back...

Last edited by Once A Villain; 05-14-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:28 PM   #59
Homer of Kittens

Mavs-Spurs Game 4
I think the Spurs were robbed. The foul called on Duncan WAS a charge (since obviously he was way out of the restricted area) and it caused a 5 point swing towards the end of the game with a delay of game technical on top of it. Also the last foul call on Dirk with 8 seconds left was a joke. If it was any other player, they wouldn't have called it a foul.

Firefox rules
Old 05-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #60
SamNMax

Yeah they would.