You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2006, 06:35 PM   #21
SamNMax

I agree. I don't see at all how NCAA is more exciting, but that's a popular belief. Also not all NBA players are "thugs." Besides pulling the Allen Iverson card (even though Iverson has kids, owns the most charaties and foundations out of any other NBA player ever and is an all-around good guy), name one other "thug" in pro basketball.

Last edited by SamNMax; 04-22-2006 at 06:43 PM.

Old 04-22-2006, 06:51 PM   #22
Lovable rogue

Didn't that Kobe Bryant guy rape some woman?

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 04-22-2006, 06:53 PM   #23
SamNMax

Probably but he beat that shit, so it doesn't count.

Old 04-22-2006, 07:00 PM   #24
OUATIJ Creator

I really think the Mavs have a shot if they can stay healthy. Not that they're healthy as it is, but I think they have enough right now to contend.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:34 PM   #25
SamNMax

They could definitely cause an upset. Go to the finals? I don't know about that.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:41 PM   #26
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
They could definitely cause an upset. Go to the finals? I don't know about that.
Yeah, only 2 of ESPNs 16 NBA "experts" have the Mavs picked to get to the Finals. Bill Simmons and Scoop Jackson. But three others have the Mavs picked as the "Dark Horse" of the playoffs.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #27
SamNMax

Heh. A lot of NBA analyst can barely be called an "expert." Stephen A. Smith is an asshole and it's a wonder Charles Barkley and Paul Silas aren't considered retarded.

Old 04-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #28
Plumber-x company

Send a message via AIM to Filmman Send a message via Yahoo to Filmman

My Team is going to be Detroit Pistion
Old 04-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #29
SamNMax

Well, you do live in Michigan. I'll let it slide.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:53 AM   #30
Homer of Kittens

So what do you guys think of the first round of playoff games. Nothing really surprising except maybe New Jersey losing to Indiana. But then again, I never expected NJ to go to the finals. You can't win with guard play alone, unless your 2 guards are Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. VC is an awesome player, but he does take too many contested shots which hurt his team on the long run.

I'm not sure about Dallas. They had an awesome game against Memphis, but their playoffs don't start till they meet the Spurs in my book. Everyone is saying that this is the best Dallas team of the last 5 years to make the playoffs, so they might be the black horse of the tournament. Miami is the only real threat to Detroit in the East. I still pick the Spurs over Detroit in 6 unless a serious injury stops one of their players.

Firefox rules
Old 04-24-2006, 05:13 PM   #31
hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob
Didn't that Kobe Bryant guy rape some woman?
She had already brought a fake rape case to court before, and they found another guys semen in her from the same night after kobe allegedly raped her. I dont think anyone who had just been raped would continue partying and have sex with another person... so, she was clearly just after cash, and he was cleared.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:15 PM   #32
hello

Im picking Pistons spurs final, with spurs coming out on top.

But i would like to see New Jersey win... its a long shot, but could happen.
Crap start from them though... also, when are they going to figure out that Jason Collins is the worst player in the league and stop giving him so many minutes!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:34 PM   #33
SamNMax

It's actually Brian Scalabrine, but thanks for trying.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:34 AM   #34
OUATIJ Creator

HORRIBLE no call on the OBVIOUS offensive foul, but it's still rather pretty. I'm glad the Lakers won because I don't want Phoenix moving on.

But...again...NBA referees are a JOKE. How is this not an offensive foul? Sad.

http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd2/...obe%20nash.gif
Old 04-28-2006, 04:21 PM   #35
SamNMax

I don't think it's any worse than when Robert Horry literaly slammed Rip Hamilton down when going up for the dunk.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:23 PM   #36
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
I don't think it's any worse than when Robert Horry literaly slammed Rip Hamilton down when going up for the dunk.
Well that was a bad no call too.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #37
OUATIJ Creator

UNBELIEVABLE GAMES! Today was awesome. The Sacramento win over San Antonio was sensationally exciting. I also loved the Lakers beating the Suns. Wow.

In other sports news: The Dallas Stars (NHL now) managed to stay alive in their series.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:57 AM   #38
hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
UNBELIEVABLE GAMES! Today was awesome. The Sacramento win over San Antonio was sensationally exciting. I also loved the Lakers beating the Suns. Wow.

In other sports news: The Dallas Stars (NHL now) managed to stay alive in their series.
Yep great games, Strange to see Kobe playing in such an unselfish fashion. Amazing Game from Lebron, and the game winning layup at the buzzer for the kings was pretty amazing too.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:27 PM   #39
Homer of Kittens

Just like I expected, San Antonio and Detroit are on cruise control. San Antonio might have lost a game but remember, they still have home court and it had to go down to the wire, so there is no problem there. Detroit is just so much better than everyone else in the east.

The only black horse might be the Mavs, so to me the Mavs - Spurs game is going to be the best game before the championship.

Firefox rules
Old 04-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #40

Hehehe, all the Laker haters will get to do their hating for awhile longer cause they are spanking that Phoenix ass up till now. The Kobe slam over Nash at the end of game 2 was a close call. I could understand why a ref would call a charge, but I can also understand why the ref's would let that play go at the end. I think Nash was set, but just barely.

Funny story (well not really). I just got back from Calgary, was at a sports bar on Wednesday watching the game. Had no audio of course since only hockey games were allowed that revered status. I'm going crazy watching the game, and when Kobe went over Nash for the dunk, I jumped up like a dork and screamed. Everyone in my general area stared at me, and I then realized that I celebrating Kobe dunking over the only Canadian player in the NBA. Whoops. I made it out of there okay. Canucks are good people.