You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure 1st adventure game you played

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2005, 08:08 AM   #101

The first AG I ever played were MI 1 and Loom CD versions.

They were included with the SoundBlaster Pro package of our 1st decent PC: a 486 DX2 66!

(Before that, we had a 8086 with Hercules Gfx card, so only two colors - mind you, there was a text adventure I tried to play on it (Haunted, or something like that), but my english was very poor at that time, I was only 10 years old).

Nevertheless, the first AG I finished was Loom! The great CD version was so enchanting that I couldn't leave the game before seeing the end of it!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #102
desmondd

My first adventure game was King's Quest III. I was pretty young at the time, and I was much more interested in the Zaxxon-style game sitting next to it on the shelf. However, my father insisted that I give KQ3 a try. Needless to say, I loved it and played every adventure I could get my hands on after that. I believe my second adventure game was Space Quest 1. I still view those old Sierra games in a very fond light.

Old 05-10-2005, 08:39 AM   #103
Can I get a what...what!?

Hugo's House Of Horrors!
Old 05-10-2005, 12:26 PM   #104

First one was Monkey Island when it was released. I was pretty rubbish at it then too and took a long time to get my head around what I was supposed to do but once it clicked, I moved on from there really.

There was a text/graphics adventure game that I did play just before that which was more text based that I can't remember the name of on C64. The story was I had annoyed a wizard and he had trapped me in his castle. Don't remember much else except there was a puzzle near the end of the game where I had to kiss a frog and the computer said "what now, wise one" a lot. If anyone can remember what that was called, feel free to share It would be an 80's game.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:21 PM   #105
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb924
Which was your very first adventure game you played?

mine was The Legend of Kyrandia on Amiga (long time ago)
and i aslo remember it had quite a lot of floppy disks, so all the time had to changed the floppy
Loom on an ancient apple. I think i was 9 and i discovered it by accident messing around with my uncles computer. I remember someone had erased the book of patterns write-ins (for some ungodly reason) so we spent hours tilting it at the right angle to see if we could read the once-written patterns in the correct light (we couldnt)
Old 05-14-2005, 10:46 AM   #106
hello

Monkey Island 2 - on Amiga, followed by kings quest 5 on pc.
both of them seemed so amazing at the time, wish i could forget the puzzles and play them again.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:21 PM   #107

Default My first Adventure game

My first was Kings Quest V I think, it was ages ago when I was little my dad bought it for me, i remeber they haystack and the ants. I also remeber getting stuck at the witch, and the tree, i don't think I ever completed it come to think of it.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:50 AM   #108
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana
My first was Kings Quest V I think, it was ages ago when I was little my dad bought it for me, i remeber they haystack and the ants. I also remeber getting stuck at the witch, and the tree, i don't think I ever completed it come to think of it.
funny. KQ5 was my 2nd game-- and my dad bought it for me when i was little. He got the flu for like 2 weeks and was stuck in the bandit tent in the desert-- he says he feels sick to this day when he hears that middle-easternish music
Old 05-16-2005, 02:56 AM   #109
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard
That game was so insanely hard. The game was a masterpiece.
right on both counts! :-D I think i prefer sierra adventures to L.A.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:02 AM   #110
Fat Green Sumo

Send a message via AIM to Falko

"Maniac Mansion" on C64 at age 13 ...
Old 05-16-2005, 03:17 AM   #111
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

King's Quest IV, it came with the first computer my family bought, a 3x86. Those were the days

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 05-16-2005, 08:19 AM   #112

Mine was either Monkey Island 2 or Elvira...both excellent and got me hooked
Old 05-17-2005, 08:46 AM   #113
Blackmoor Manor

I don't really remember which was my first it was either Leisure Suit Larry or Hugo's House of Horror's. Both of which I love.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:57 AM   #114
OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb924
Which was your very first adventure game you played?
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary on my 386SX 25MHz monster. 2MB RAM and a 29MB harddrive. It took over 2 hours to install it.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:05 AM   #115

Hi everybody...ahhh....my first adventure game was Monkey Islan I on Amiga 600.....my love!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:25 AM   #116

Maniac Mansion for AMIGA!
I was 3 years old at the time and all I managed to do was blow up the Mansion.

Then my parents let me play Another World.
It changed my life
Old 05-17-2005, 10:17 AM   #117

space quest 5
Old 05-17-2005, 02:42 PM   #118
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

I can't remember the very first AG I ever played although I am pretty sure it was something on the ZX81 that I spent hours typing in from a magazine

The one game I do remember playing is Dark Seed which I think I bought for either my Amiga 500 or 1200?

I do remember it being very scary, especially when the doorbell rang and you found a mysterious package outside.......

Old 05-24-2005, 02:30 PM   #119

Send a message via AIM to PILMAN

I can't remember the first. But it was either Monkey Island 1, Kings Quest 5, or Space Quest 4, one of those.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:14 AM   #120
I turn novels into games

First game? Zak McKracken (no surprise there!) It was 1993, and I had many first job, developing interactive training software. One of the programmers lent me a copy (I have since bought a legit copy, I hasten to add!). I spent most of my days creating 16 color graphics, and my only experience of gaming was platforming on the C64 (yawn, yawn). It was a defining moment for me to see a (more or less) realistic character in (more or less) realistic locations, and the kind of thing I was drawing, but this one was alive, and you could interact with it! Maybe I led a sheltered life, but this was the first time my computer showed anything other than still images or DOS text.

Ah, memories. At first I thought the game all took place on one room (I was VERY naive about games). I remember the joy when I got out into other rooms. And the amazing feeling that this world, thought it fit on one or two floppies, went on forever! Then after a year I discovered how to get the mouse working! It was just amazing. And of course the style and approach really appealed to me - non-violent, mind expanding, the vast scale, and links to real world stuff. Ever since then I have been looking for another game like it, and I never found one. That's why I finally decided to make my own.