You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure 1st adventure game you played

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #401

Pyramids on TRS-80 was the first that I tried to play.....then it was Grim Fandango, which was fantastic. So the lunacy caused me to be a collector of adventure games and the correct hardware to get them to run.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:37 AM   #402
Pixiehunter

Legend of Kyrandia 1 was the first I ever played, or rather, played with my father. I was by that time about 6 years (or maybe 5?), so it was more him who was controlling the cursor and translating everything for me (I am not a native English speaker), but we did solve the puzzles together

The first I played 'all on my own' was Conquests of the Longbow. My father and I got stuck on that some years earlier, and never finished it....
...until a few years later I just realized the solution My father wasn't into adventures anymore by that time, so I played it on my own, and was re-addicted ever since
Old 09-24-2008, 09:59 AM   #403

Wishbringer, which sat on my dad's computer for months. Me, him, and my three brothers all played it collectively. Almost every day one or two of us would sit down for 30 minutes or so and try to get past the latest sticking point.

The first graphical game was KQVI. Quite a gap there, but I was more into RPG and reaction games. It was a stroke of luck that the first graphical AG I tried turned out to be a classic. Played all the way through and have kept my eye on the genre ever since.