You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Jane Jensen game and Kickstarter campaign

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #141
Schattenjäger

^oh! also mentioned, theyr paying people less in exchange for a share of revenues!! Thats quite awesome.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Jensen View Post
I'm sorry if the teaser campaign got hopes up about GK4. But the good news is that we will pursue it, of course, and the studio will allow us to have more control over whether that happens or not. Gabe is not forgotten!

There IS a good chance for it, probably better than ever before. It will just take some time to work it out.
Jane made my day I love her. I just hope those new titles will be of GK quality with Jane, Robert and ag fans in charge. I really hope the development process won't take as long as Gray Matter. And please, make it dark, mature and hard! Moebius sounds really promising.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Jensen View Post
Hi, all -- I posted this on my fb page and I'm sure it will show up here quickly, but wanted to post it myself:

I'm sorry if the teaser campaign got hopes up about GK4. But the good news is that we will pursue it, of course, and the studio will allow us to have more control over whether that happens or not. Gabe is not forgotten!

There IS a good chance for it, probably better than ever before. It will just take some time to work it out.

I hope you enjoy the video we made and our announcement and I'm looking forward to getting your feedback on the game concepts! Hopefully there will be a LOT of games coming from this new studio.

Cheers,
Jane

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #144
Schattenjäger

Lol, just finished the video. Awesome!!! i particularly enjoyed the GK music
Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #145

Great news, and I'm going to pledge.

One thing though:
"Our CSG members will get to hear more about them and vote for their favorite in early May."

There's very little info at the moment about the games, and I think just a tad more info would turn over a good chunk of potential pledgers. Especially people who haven't played any of Jane Jensen's games.

I know it will come in the beginning of May, but it think it's probably a mistake not to reveal just a bit more in the beginning of the Kickstarter campaign
Old 04-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #146

Just wanted to post in a topic where Jane Jensen posted! I'm very excited about this new project and i will gladly give my money for this ideea. Gabriel Knight games and Gray Matter are one of my favourite adventures ever.

Great video by the way!

Last edited by small dickie; 04-04-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #147
Homo Ludens

Wow! It's really happening! I can hardly believe it. I am really considering dropping $50 on the Kickstarter project - it's a lot of money for me and there is no telling if I will be able to play any of the games on my crappy old computer, but I cannot not support that.

Only one tiny criticism - please do not compare Ms. Jensen to that awful hack Dan Brown! While the story topics might be similar, Dan Brown cannot write his way out of a paper bag. Just the dialogues in the GK trilogy are in an entirely different universe in terms of quality. Just my two cents.

...also what inm8#2 said.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #148
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
That completely beats my smiley...

There's a lengthy interview with Jane at GameSpot...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #149
Ace Attorney

Send a message via AIM to shezcrafti

This news totally made my day! I just backed the project on KickStarter.

Do you want Jane Jensen to make more amazing adventure games like Gabriel Knight and Gray Matter? Then PLEASE support her new studio Pinkerton Road on KickStarter!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #150

In retrospect some of my comments were really out of place. I feel specially bad because now I know Ms. Jensen was reading it.

I'm opening my wallet for you guys, Jane. I was still intending to do so even when I was sure there was going to be no new GK. All success to you and your team.

I find it depressing that you can't guarantee a new Gabriel Knight even if this kickstarter is a resounding success, but I suppose I understand. You can't promise something that is dependable on a property owned by someone else. The mere mention of the possibility of a new GK in the near future will get a lot of people excited about this, I am sure. I know I certainly recovered some of my lost optimism.

P.S: people like me whine about certain aspects of Gray Matter, but we still concede that it was probably the best adventure game of the 2000's. I call that "old gamer's syndrome". We played the classics and we find it hard to settle for less without being grumpy about it.

P.P.S: Am I the only one that was expecting more pledge options? I would love more options on print material and collectables, specially short graphic novels like those that came with the first GK game and maybe miniatures and memorabilia of the kind that comes with modern "collector's edition" games.

The comics, the manuals and the big classic cardboxes are the best thing about collecting the old GK games. I wish I was able to fork 5.000 for that signed GK design bible! More options would get people like me to pledge(read: "sacrifice") more hard earned bucks.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminusEst View Post
Wow! It's really happening! I can hardly believe it.
Well, it´s only happening if they reach their goal, and it seems slow so far. I´m a bit dissapointed with the adventure gaming community so far, considering what we achieved with Double Fine Adventure, and what the RPG community is doing with Wasteland 2.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #152
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachmenev View Post
Well, it´s only happening if they reach their goal, and it seems slow so far. I´m a bit dissapointed with the adventure gaming community so far, considering what we achieved with Double Fine Adventure, and what the RPG community is doing with Wasteland 2.
Not necessarily, actually. Check the Gamespot interview. She mentions the possibility of angel investors footing the bill if crowd-funding fails. But I totally agree with the sentiment - Jane Jensen's projects are, at least to me, more exciting than DFA.

Last edited by TerminusEst; 04-04-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminusEst View Post
Only one tiny criticism - please do not compare Ms. Jensen to that awful hack Dan Brown! While the story topics might be similar, Dan Brown cannot write his way out of a paper bag. Just the dialogues in the GK trilogy are in an entirely different universe in terms of quality. Just my two cents.

...also what inm8#2 said.
Ditto. Those shitty bestsellers have nothing on GK.

I have to say the whole Mary Magdalene thing makes GK 3 inferior to the other two games, at least in retrospect. I am a devout Catholic, and that aspect of the game always made me cringe even though I enjoyed the game overall. It was new back then, but now it has been proven to be utter baloney made up from thin air(same as the stuff about the priory of sion and else). It has also been used to death since then. I suppose even non-Christians cringe at this kind of thing nowadays.

Last edited by Banter; 04-04-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachmenev View Post
Now you are being needlessly pessimistic, just as I was. This kickstarter will greatly pass the 300K needed when this is over. Mark my words. I would bet all my socks on it. I bet every single GK fan in the world will contribute to this if word gets around.

After all these years of word of mouth, re-releases, abandonware and later GOG, there must be millions of us around. And the thing with GK: Sins of the Fathers was that it was such a good game, it kind of pushed you to play more and want to play more. People that like those games will donate just for the possibility of the series continuing, even if they don't like Gray Matter or don't get excited about the other two concepts.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #155

I dunno. This whole thing seems a bit tacky to me. So....We give her company the money to make games....The company throws the fans a bone by tossing in a few "free" games when you "contribute" a wad of hard earned cash.

I know she's an AG icon, but really folks, look at it this way.

Ms Jenson can't lose. If the games flop, she loses nothing. If they are good, she makes a fortune.

She's a smart cookie, I'll give her that.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #156

She's asking 300K for 3 games. I'm not sure why exactly do you think she will become uncle Scrooge if the goal is reached. Granted, I think she will get more than that but I am sure the money will be used on the games.

We are talking about a serious and proven developer here. A household name. Not some guy in a trenchcoat that tried to sell you a farm on the moon when you passed him by on a dark alley.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #157

Backing this now. The Mobeus game sounds FANTASTIC. I love conspiracy stuff <3

Here is to hoping she makes the goal and more, and could possibly buy the rights of Gabriel Knight from Activion. Though I'm sure that process is a LOT more complicated (and quite expensive).

Looking forward to what you have in store for us Jane and Co.!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #158
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
will get more than that but I am sure the money will be used on the games.

We are talking about a serious and proven developer here. A household name. Not some guy in a trenchcoat that tried to sell you a farm on the moon when you passed him by on a dark alley.
Lmao! You just pitched Under a Killing Moon 2
Old 04-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #159

I'm not sure. The way I treat Kickstarter is basically as a way to pre-order games I want made. The exception is going to be Tex Murphy; I'm willing to pay a bit more for that one.

But here... I don't know what I'll get if I pay. It could be that lame-sounding Anglophile-game for all I know. And what happens if something unforeseen happens and they won't be able to finish anything but that kid game this "season"?

No. I'll be on the fence for now. I might chip in if it's like $290k an hour before the deadline or something, but otherwise I'll just buy their game in the old-fashioned way, after it's released.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeorge View Post
I dunno. This whole thing seems a bit tacky to me. So....We give her company the money to make games....The company throws the fans a bone by tossing in a few "free" games when you "contribute" a wad of hard earned cash.
Say what? Free games? It´s the games that you´re paying for. You really seem a bit lost here about the concept of kickstarter.