You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Official GAG playthrough

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #61
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
Besides Fien's tip (I didn't realize you could turn them over when I played it), I found I could use the left and right arrow keys to shove them into each other before they fell all the way down. That became useful when I had a few stacked up on top of each other. I could take out one at the top or the middle of the stack by timing the shove correctly. I also used the Pause button on the Gagboy to stop them as soon as they appeared at the top of the screen so I could plan the best match.
Yes, shoving is good. You can use the buttons on Gagboy, but I much prefer the keyboard. In the early levels I used the spacebar a lot, to make them drop instantly. But it never occurred to me to use the Pause button.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #62
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
Besides Fien's tip (I didn't realize you could turn them over when I played it), I found I could use the left and right arrow keys to shove them into each other before they fell all the way down. That became useful when I had a few stacked up on top of each other. I could take out one at the top or the middle of the stack by timing the shove correctly. I also used the Pause button on the Gagboy to stop them as soon as they appeared at the top of the screen so I could plan the best match.
Nice tips!
The other problem is that I still don't actually get which male position goes with which female position. I knew that playing truant when we had sex education in elementary school would cost me dear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Yes, shoving is good.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #63
She Wants Revenge

I haven't continued on the castle grounds at all yet. Will try to do so tonight. Should progress nicely at least on the weekend when one of our kids goes to granny.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #64
Senior *female* member

Gee, zobraks, it really isn't that difficult. Honestly. Don't think of the various positions or you'll get confused. If the girl's naughty parts are up in the air, they are much more accessible from all directions. If she's sitting on them, they are only accessible from two directions.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #65
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
If the girl's naughty parts are up in the air, they are much more accessible from all directions. If she's sitting on them, they are only accessible from two directions.
Now you're talking!

Dad never told me about those things, it was always (stupid) bees and (stupid) birds.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #66
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Andrea did that. But now the title should be official too. Rats! I can no longer change it.
It was me who stickied the thread, and I've now changed the title. Although I don't really know why a playthrough needs an official/unofficial label. If there's a party, everyone is invited.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #67
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
Now you're talking!
Like I haven't said this already TWICE BEFORE.

Quote:
Dad never told me about those things, it was always (stupid) bees and (stupid) birds.
LOL!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #68
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
It was me who stickied the thread, and I've now changed the title.
That's it - I split! I only do the unofficial playthroughs. Name:  smart_ass.gif
Views: 270
Size:  441 Bytes

Quote:
Like I haven't said this already TWICE BEFORE.
Yes you have, but this was the first time you fully explained it.
I'm a little slow when it comes to sex, sorry. Name:  blush.gif
Views: 270
Size:  1.0 KB
Old 07-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #69

My first try in gagboy-tetris: score 4. It's a long way ....
I shall try the pause button...
Old 07-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #70
Pixiehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
Nice tips!
The other problem is that I still don't actually get which male position goes with which female position.
Quote:
Gee, zobraks, it really isn't that difficult. Honestly. Don't think of the various positions or you'll get confused.
Well...the problem is that some pairs don't work, even though comparable combinations do work (some girls just don't work in some guys' laps ). To give an example: I like to play with 69's (which is how I got most of my 68 points when beating the gagboy ), and it surprised me that the combination on the right doesn't work, but the combination on the left does. In that case the girls legs just slid over the guys head, but they don't with the right pair.

(But, as I see now, maybe this is explained by the other girl being in the way? Maybe I just miss the option 'threesome' Then again, I do miss some other options... )
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #71

I have the same problem as zobraks and Luna. I think we do it with too much brain and too scientific- that cannot work. It has to come naturally, without thinking.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #72
Pixiehunter

That, and sex shouldn't be so fast and rushed and 'aargh must make decision about which position to use now' (It is the speed of the game that makes it so difficult, at least for me).

Last edited by Luna Sevithiainen; 07-14-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #73

I can't get the game to run; all the files are on my hard drive and it keeps asking for a cd. Don't know how to work virtual drives, don't really want to burn cd's myself and then perhaps find out it still doesn't work ...

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 07-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #74
Pixiehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Writer View Post
I can't get the game to run; all the files are on my hard drive and it keeps asking for a cd. Don't know how to work virtual drives, don't really want to burn cd's myself and then perhaps find out it still doesn't work ...
I'm afraid the game does require some sort of CD, either in physical or virtual drive...If it wouldn't need the CD, then the switching of the disks wouldn't be sucj a problem I guess...

Anyway, virtual drives aren't that difficult to work, Daemon Tools is a nice program that lets you use them. If you want to I can try to help you with it. Note that if you want to use virtual drives and you run windows vista or 7, do not use Alcohol (another virtual drive program. The substance is a different thing, use it all you like. It may not get the game to work though ), it screws up your system bad. Very bad. But Daemon Tools works fine, at least on windows 7 it works like a charm. And it's freeware (at least the Lite version, which will do), so that's nice too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: don't let the game wanting a CD keep you from getting it to work.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #75
She Wants Revenge

Yes DaemonTools is a simple little program you can safely download and it's basically easier to use than WinRar or any other packing program. You just choose a file to mount and it will create a virtual drive for you that shows up at your Windows Explorer like any other CD/DVD drive.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #76

Did anyone who's got to the castle
Spoiler:
go upstairs, turn right at the top of the stairs, continue down the hall, and try going through the door at the end? I got a message that the game was still "under construction" after going through the door. I tried going through it 3 or 4 times, and then suddenly it wasn't "under construction" anymore and I was able to continue to the next room.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #77

Hi all,

Just ducking in here to say (as I've only really now begun to actually play {been finishing up "A New Beginning"}):

So... Wow! I'm impressed at the quality of this game -- at least as far as the production values go. It's got some real humor too (to go along with the mildly juvenile stuff which we we're told to expect). And there certainly doesn't seem to be any cultural abstruseness at all -- rather, the only thing that is "strange" is that this game is so unheard of...

I'm definitely liking it so far.

Though, I must admit that much of the progress I've made has felt almost as if I've somehow intuitively stumbled into to solutions to things -- some of which I wasn't really even necessarily trying to solve. Well, kind of... it's just sort of working its way along pretty well, but I think maybe if it hadn't'd I might be justifiably baffled and bedeviled. Except I'm not; so what am I doing but "complaining" about nothing?

I guess I'm just trying to say, IOW, I could understand someone voicing frustration and stuckedness.

So, and I think I said this last time I checked in here, I'm going to go back and spoiler-paranoidically-cautiously read through to see how all of this works. I need to make sure I don't spoil anything for anyone and that I don't get spoiled either. Right now I'm sort of just walking into the room and babbling away while avoiding eye contact.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:20 AM   #78
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Well I'm not in the castle yet, so nobody should worry about lagging behind. I just popped in to read this thread to see if I could gather a hint or two, so I'm going back to the game tonight and will hopefully be caught up by Monday. I want to play Gagboy, and see how badly I do (I can't play tetris). I like the game so far, can't wait to see more.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #79

My X-tetris score now is 30 - i'm on my way to decipher the mysteries of different postitions!
How many level do i have to solve till i get 66?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #80
She Wants Revenge

I poked around the castle a bit yesterday and played the Gagboy. It was rather easy to me, after first try I could continuously get at least 30-40 points. At those points the game gets faster and a lot harder but it didn't take too many tries to hit 70. This minigame could be quite addictive but I think most people are too ashamed to play it in public .

I haven't even commented how I like the game before this but could say a word or two now . Apart from being stuck here and there I've been quite entertained. The humour mostly works well and the (pop) culture references are funny. Some of the jokes are really lame (but most of the time they still make me smile or snicker) and some of them are kinda nasty (the fly poo - ewwww). I agree that the game isn't very naughty, seminaked women isn't the kind of naughtiness I would personally go for .

The game also looks good enough and the interface works.