You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Superquiz: Symbolmania!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #101
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Thank you for the quiz!

The ones I recognized and could name had of course been taken and while I recognized around 10-12 other symbols, I could not remember where I've seen them before.

As I usually do my notes on post-it notes (and have gotten a bit too used to games/hogs that put everything like this in your in-game notebook) I haven't any records from previous playing to check either.

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 03-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #102
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Okay.

My take on this is very simple. Of course it's possible to make an interesting and challenging quiz. But if you've nefver made a quiz you don't know what you're talking about.

Sorry.
DéjÃ* vu? I could have sworn I read this before...

Let's see. Your post was the equivalent of me walking up and saying "I've just seen a movie about something-or-other that I enjoyed, I'd like to see more films about something-or-other" and having you reply with how ignorant I am on the intricacies of film-making.

So, really, the point you're conveying is fine and all, but holds very little relevance to my comment that had no purpose other than to simply say "hey, I've played a quiz about cursors before, I enjoyed it!". Basically, shoot the breeze as best it can be shot over a forum.

Would a cursor quiz be difficult to do? Possibly, but I'm not obligating you or anyone else to do it. Would people enjoy it? I enjoyed the last one I played. I imagine I'd enjoy another one, so, I don't know, maybe, yes? Unless you're insinuating people like me aren't really people (I have been dreaming of a white unicorn running through a misty forest lately... ).

For what it's worth, I used to do trivia games back when I frequented Abandonware sites. I'll be sure to send you my trivium vitae ASAP, so you can better determine my qualifications to voice a thought on the matter from now on.

Well, I'm glad we cleared that up.

Quote:
Eh... which one?
The first one, of course. Or the first one I saw you post before you started editing and deleting your posts left and right, anyway.

Quote:
PS: You really like me, don't you...
I worship your divine shadow. I don't have notes to compare with you, but you can be my woman just as well.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEdy View Post
Here's the Bastich trivia for those who didn't play it at the time:

Actually Bastich managed to find a set of distinctive cursors but it's not an easy quiz nevertheless, try it for yourself
Exactly. I think there are many unique cursors out there, but it would be a tough quiz to assemble for one person.

I recognize at least 6 of those immediately.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #104
Senior *female* member

I've removed the two posts Gonchi considered offending, so as not to ruin Trunkyo's quiz thread.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:10 PM   #105
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

I didn't think of them as offensive at all Fien. I frequently visit the forums of the highly prestigious gaming magazine, so I'm not very prone to being offended.

Your posts were perhaps a tad surprising and unexpected considering how long we've both been around, so I teased you. No offense was meant from my part, kindly accept this animated dove I'm leeching from somewhere as a peace offering.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #106
UnseenUniversity Graduate

So many familiar cursors.... *bangs head against the wall* why can I only recall ooooone!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #107
Adventure Game Elitist

It's a tough quiz no doubt. Didn't you play in it Skeeter? You got at least 2 back then (or at least someone named Skeeter did).
Old 03-30-2011, 12:46 AM   #108

Uh.... I think I did play it... I must've been smarter back then I don't think there's another skeeter here, but I have seen someone on another board.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:06 AM   #109
Senior Passer-by

There's another skeeter at Mystery Manor (the one that failed miserably in Fall Tournament ).
Old 03-30-2011, 02:16 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
There's another skeeter at Mystery Manor (the one that failed miserably in Fall Tournament ).
Oi, cheeky!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:19 AM   #111
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter_93 View Post
Oi, cheeky!
Not cheeky - clumsy .
Old 03-30-2011, 02:22 AM   #112

I'm the skeeter on a few adventure game sites, except I'm not skeeterUK on gameboomers. Basically, if it's a skeeter/skeeter93 it's me.... unless they are good at the quiz's, then it's not me
Old 03-30-2011, 04:59 AM   #113
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonchi View Post
Gonchi!