You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure TUBMC (The Unofficial Bad Mojo Crawlthrough)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #161

What is this I don't even...
Old 12-07-2010, 02:54 AM   #162
Senior *female* member

Hey, what the heck is wrong with me, I missed the first and last of the bar overviews! The first one is the most interesting, with all the pics and stuff on the wall. Don't think I missed any of those.

The bar is my least favorite part of the game. Not enough exploring, I suppose. I like the morphing pic of Eddie though, and the way bits and pieces of his life story are revealed, although everything is firmly cliche-in-cheek. But I find Roger's room more appealing.

Please feel free to fill in the blanks and/or correct any mistakes I have made.

Butterfly:
An old man’s tragic story, a life lived in despair.
A bitter allegory that another young man shares.
The two may be related, so climb the paper stack.
The way you were created lies beneath the fax.

Answer phone:
You’ve reached the home office of Roger Samms. I’m currently unable to answer the phone right now. If it’s important, leave a message and I’ll try to get back to you in a couple of days.

Message 1:
Dr. Samms, doctor Michaelson has asked me to remind you about the review meeting scheduled for Monday morning at 10 o’clock. Could you please call me to confirm that. Thank you.

Message 2: Hey Roge. Pick up if you’re there, Roge? It’s Bernie. Listen, they’re asking a lot of questions down here, I can’t cover for you much longer. You’d better be ready Monday morning, cause they’re gonna rake your ass over the coals, man. Call me back as soon as you get this message. You’d better have your resume ready.

Mom on tv:
If you can see me now, then you have also seen a man who has lost all hope. He’s running, trying to hide from all the anger and fear that has plagued him. You cannot run from fear, for no matter where you go or what lies you may believe, truth always stares back at your [...]

Nun:
Roger, I told you never to play with that. Young man, who gave that toy to you was a worthless bum, who abandoned you and left you with nothing but a hideous locket and that pathetic monkey.
That’s not true! He would have kept me if he could.
He never wanted you, it was because of you that he lost your mother. She died while having you.

Dr. Michaelson:
Roger, a lot of young upstarts come in here with grand theories and assumptions. Your nicotine-derivative shows imagination, but it is entirely impractical. It won’t work.
Doctor Michaelson, if you’ll just allow me a few months to work out the bugs, I can assure you...
No. Your role here is not to propose and develop new wonder compounds. It is to assist the senior staff with their research.
But doctor, I can tell you...
Case closed. Dismissed. Not another word.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:09 AM   #163
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Hey, what the heck is wrong with me, I missed the first and last of the bar overviews!
That's why you're not the game master and I am .
Hey, I'm just kidding!
Quote:
The first one is the most interesting, with all the pics and stuff on the wall.
The first one I took from a cutscene , and as for the last one - move your cockroach here:

Then go straight. You can climb to the left too, and get a similar (basically the same) panorama:

Quote:
The bar is my least favorite part of the game. Not enough exploring, I suppose.
I like it for all those pictures (and cutscenes). There's a whole Mojo team (The Magnificent 17 plus a cat ) on the wall:

Quote:
Please feel free to fill in the blanks and/or correct any mistakes I have made.
Big thanks for the texts, as usual .
Old 12-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #164

Fien, thandk for your work. As i understand it in german, mom on tv says something about thruth that is starring back at you when you look in the mirror.

Have you missed the
Spoiler:
showerscene?
Old 12-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #165
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
That's why you're not the game master and I am .
Oh yes, you are the alpha roach, of course you are.

Quote:
The first one I took from a cutscene ,
Cheating! No wonder I haven't been there.

Quote:
Big thanks for the texts, as usual .
Could you and seagul please stop thanking me all the time? Makes me nervous. Like I should start looking over my shoulder or something.

Mr. Alpha Roach Zobraks sir, could you please tell us where we should stop? I stopped before the eyes part (so no shower, seagul).
Old 12-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #166
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Cheating!
No hard feelings - how did you expect me to be a leader without resorting to every mean available/imaginable (cheating included )?

Quote:
Could you and seagul please stop thanking me all the time?

Sure, sweetheart, I'll leave you alone.
But you'll have to pay first.

Quote:
Makes me nervous. Like I should start looking over my shoulder or something.
Don't worry, that's a normal roach's behaviour and we're roaches here, remember?

Quote:
Mr. Alpha Roach Zobraks sir, ...
You forgot "Your Majesty"!

Quote:
... could you please tell us where we should stop? I stopped before the eyes part (so no shower, seagul).
Exactly, that's the spot (no shower yet, Seagull! ). Like Fien (), you should all stop when you see this:

S P O I L E R !

and I won't tell you what it is.

Work space (creepy eyes and all) and that "s" thing Seagull mentioned are in the sixth part of our crawlthrough.
And that starts tomorrow.

Last edited by zobraks; 12-09-2010 at 01:52 AM. Reason: hilariousness
Old 12-09-2010, 02:49 AM   #167

Oh, than i did to much.
Now i'm here alone in the shower.

I wait for you all.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:17 AM   #168
Senior Passer-by

Here are some interesting views from Roger's room you might have skipped:

I like these colo(u)rs, they remind me of Rembrandt and his palette:

The list of the cutscenes from part five:

Code:
CATDEN.MOV
FAX.MOV
ICM1_AUD.MOV
ICM2_AUD.MOV
MM_4TOY.MOV
MM_5SP.MOV
MM_6TH.MOV
MOTH.MOV
MOTHCLUE.MOV
OGM_AUD.MOV
SICK.MOV

Last edited by zobraks; 12-11-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: movies
Old 12-10-2010, 06:30 AM   #169
Senior *female* member

Didn't miss any this time. I love the fan, wouldn't mind having one like that. The pencil sharpener is nice too, if that's what it is.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #170

I didn't expect this, but puzzles in both bar and Roger's room are the most complex yet with a lot more exploring, and it took me much longer than in previous chapters to complete them.

That's also because of even more "pixel-hunting" like going inside the swordfish where you need to place yourself in precisely manner in order to fit the hole, or figuring out that you can push the slider in order to change the coctail recipes. Also, the reason why i insist on having "lookouts" at any time are puzzles like those with fan and papers or remote and cigarette butt. More chances that player will work them out by "exploring" independent screens than figuring out the "big picture". I never knew for example that TV was at the right which would give me an idea of what i need to do with the butt, or if i saw first fan standing right beside the papers i'd might have an idea of what to do. That's why player needs to explore the whole room first in order to figure out what needs to be done.

The bar is also the cruical part of the game in terms of figuring out the story with it's set of movies and I gotta admit i didn't see it coming when it comes to Roger and Eddie relationship, but i bought it right away and it felt like a logical explanation. Young Roger video with fat kid is the most hillarious one I was surprised to see Roger lying around and i thought i lifted curse at that time but then i was back in "cockroach saddle"

I stopped at that screen after the "butterfly effect" and i'm waiting for our beloved GM to give as accolade at 17h so we can continue with our quest.

BTW, it's a funny coincedence that during the playthrough Michael X. Sommers is back in gaming business - because i just saw he was hired by Telltale to do the George McFly's voice in incoming Back to the Future game

Last edited by diego; 12-10-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:00 AM   #171
Senior Passer-by

It's legitimate to crawl off from butterfly's back and explore the funny world of eyes (Roger's work space and... you know what) now.
You can play this portion of the crawlthrough until Monday, 13th of December at 17:00 CET (8:00 a.m. forum time).
Old 12-10-2010, 08:11 AM   #172

I KNEW MICHAEL X SOMMERS sounded familiar.

I have been with my nose on top of the BttF game. I should've been the person to let you guys now. Sorry. =(
Old 12-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #173
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
I didn't expect this, but puzzles in both bar and Roger's room are the most complex yet with a lot more exploring, and it took me much longer than in previous chapters to complete them.
You should have expected that since in good AGs puzzles gradually become harder and BM is a good adventure.

Quote:
... the reason why i insist on having "lookouts" at any time are puzzles like those with fan and papers or remote and cigarette butt. More chances that player will work them out by "exploring" independent screens than figuring out the "big picture".
You get the big picture by exploring your surroundings . You only can't print it.

Quote:
I never knew for example that TV was at the right which would give me an idea of what i need to do with the butt
You didn't watch the intro, did you (?):

Anyway, that remote control is pointed at TV: you realize you can't move it (and you see you have to do something with it), so a TV must be somewhere ahead.

Quote:
... or if i saw first fan standing right beside the papers i'd might have an idea of what to do. That's why player needs to explore the whole room first in order to figure out what needs to be done.
True, but I like the way they made it, that is that you have to crawl over a couple of screens to find what to do. That's the way cockroaches do their exploring (I guess), they're too small to get a big picture instantly.

Quote:
I gotta admit i didn't see it coming when it comes to Roger and Eddie relationship
Hehe, I realised that Eddie is Roger's father the minute I saw the framed picture of Angelina in a wedding dress above Eddie's bed. That was in the first chapter. The death certificate in Eddie's suitcase just confirmed that assumption.

Quote:
I was surprised to see Roger lying around and i thought i lifted a curse at that time but then i was back in "cockroach saddle"
That would be too soon .

Quote:
our beloved GM
I love you too, sweetheart!

Quote:
BTW, it's a funny coincedence that during the playthrough Michael X. Sommers is back in gaming business
No surprise for me, that Michael X is undestroyable , a true super cockroach .

Regarding that enormous picture you stuck up there ( Origami's influence? ):

The way you posted it before (the thumbnail view) was much better and not harmful for the eyes like the present one.

Last edited by zobraks; 12-10-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #174

Quote:
You should have expected that since in good AGs puzzles gradually become harder and BM is a good adventure.
sure, but second chapter was easier than the first one. even the third one wasn't much harder than the first one.

Quote:
That's the way cockroaches do their exploring (I guess), they're too small to get a big picture instantly.
True, but here's an interesting fact:

"A 2007 Japanese research found that cockroaches have memory enabling them to form Pavlovian reflexes (learning)!"

also

"They found that the individuals trained during the evening retained the memory for several days. Those trained at night also had good retention. During the morning, however, when the cockroaches are least active, they were totally incapable of forming a new memory, although they could recall memories learned at other times."

from Cockroaches Are Morons In The Morning, Geniuses In The Evening (humans are not much better )

and Roger was transformed into roach during the evening time so we can presume that he can at least remember those room panoramas once he sees them
Name:  170.gif
Views: 143
Size:  332 Bytes

Quote:
The way you posted it before (the thumbnail view) was much better
I'm sorry for your sensitive roachy eyes but the enourmous one was indeed the original idea - i don't want anyone to miss Mr. Sommers' hypnotizing grinned expression
Old 12-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #175
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Cockroaches Are Morons In The Morning, Geniuses In The Evening

Quote:
i don't want anyone to miss Mr. Sommers' hypnotizing grinned expression
Mission accomplished!

Last edited by zobraks; 12-10-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: more smileys :lol:
Old 12-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #176

This week while beeing bored and zaping tv channels i saw mythbusters.
They made an experiment with coakraches other insects and radiation. So it is not true that only the cockroaches will survive a nuclear disaster. There are better insects. Look here: http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2008/01/p...eyor_belt.html
So no magic power owned by cockroaches?????
Old 12-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #177
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagul View Post
So no magic power owned by cockroaches?????
Old 12-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #178
Senior Passer-by

I just replayed the last two parts of Bad Mojo (the one due by schedule and the Big Game, I couldn't resist ) - incredibly short when you've already seen/read (almost) everything there is to be read/seen.

Roger's den (mini laboratory/work space) is one of the most elaborately conceived and made spaces in the whole joint. All the notes, books, messages, pictures, eyes, insects to read and look at. And Suki!!!

I made a fresh crop of screenshots too.

As you probably know, those eyes on the walls were cut out of pictures of celebrities from various magazines. Here they are, and you can try to guess who(m?) they belong to:

You can find my guesses inside the spoiler tags:
Spoiler:
16. Sylvester Stallone
27. Charlie Sheen
28. Michelle Pffeifer
43. Kim Basinger
59. Tom Cruise or Daniel Day Lewis
60. Sigourney Weaver
61. some Da Vinci's chick
62. Michael Chang
71. Anjelica Huston?
73. Dennis Quaid
79. Steven Seagal
82. Winona Ryder?
84. Winona Ryder or Madonna?
85. Michael J. Fox (another link to BttF!?!? WtF!)
Old 12-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #179
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Yes, I was stuck forever on the fan thing during my first playthrough.

Quote:
That's also because of even more "pixel-hunting" like going inside the swordfish where you need to place yourself in precisely manner in order to fit the hole, or figuring out that you can push the slider in order to change the coctail recipes.
Watch Mom's cut scenes more than once. Don't just listen to her cryptic advice, look for visual hints. The slider moves in the cut scene.

Quote:
Young Roger video with fat kid is the most hillarious one
Oops! Forgot to write that one down. Here it is. Or rather, the part I understood.

First Prize
Teacher: Roger, you’ve shown creativity and real effort. Not to mention tremendous improvement. Congratulations on winning this year’s science fair.
Roger: Thanks. Roaches are the first thing that ever inspired me. I think I want to study entomology when I get older.
Teacher: That’s fun, Roger. Good luck to you.
Bully: Hey Samms! Faggot roach boy! Where did you get them, your mom’s tutu [???].
Roger: No, my mum’s dead. I raised them myself.
Bully: Give them to me, retard! [.....] you dork.
Roger: Everything is gone.

Quote:
BTW, it's a funny coincedence that during the playthrough Michael X. Sommers is back in gaming business - because i just saw he was hired by Telltale to do the George McFly's voice in incoming Back to the Future game
Wow! More power to Michael! One more reason to play BttF. I did google him last week, visited his web site and watched some of his stuff. He offers acting lessons too, charges only $50. If I lived in the US I would be tempted.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #180
Senior *female* member

Quote:
As you probably know, those eyes on the walls were cut out of pictures of celebrities from various magazines. Here they are, and you can try to guess who(m?) they belong to:
I didn't know that! Where's our visiting designer when you need him, did we scare him off? Guessing eyes is not my thing, but I'd like to know who they are. The eyes part of the game is absolutely great. Creepy, thanks to Roger's craziness.

Shower
I’m sorry Ange, but I never could have raised him without you. Take good care of him, sister, and make sure he gets these when he’s older. A bar is no place for a kid.
Nun: Don’t worry, Mr. Battito, we’re his family now.

Roach:
You’ll see me for the last time when you pass through the wall.
The blades in a wind tunnel cause you to stall.
In order to stop it, enter a muse.
Don’t give up quickly, don’t blow your fuse.
But first there’s the feline below on the mat.
Remember: curiosity can kill the cat.

Roach on locket:
Remember this, brother, you’ll want to return
when you’ve found your sweet mother on your final sojourn.
Then enter an orifice, a cave near the door.
You’ll discover the [[...]]* and rise from the floor.

Mom last time before timed end game starts:
Everything is relevant and nothing is real. Time now has meaning and the bell tolls for thee. The spark is ready and waiting. You barely have time to act. Remember all that you have seen, recall all that you have heard. Flush your memory of tainted thoughts, act decisively. That which smoulders may awaken the dreamer. Run from the fire, but not the flames. The answer is family, not fortune and fame.

* I have no idea what Mom says. Sounds like Oedipus or edifice to my non-native ears, but that does not make sense.

Last edited by Fien; 12-11-2010 at 03:37 PM.