You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure TUBMC (The Unofficial Bad Mojo Crawlthrough)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #101

I finished Gray Matter on Thursday - so no temptation to be unfaithfull by me. A wonderfull game, by the way.

I never crawled on these places, zobraks! How come that i always miss the best parts in this game? I have to develop a more cockroachy thinking.
Thanks for your comments on the blackboard earlier, zobraks. I always thought that the unreadable letters under "Battito" mean something special.
You are right: the rat must be killed in some very mysterious way, what we see is not logical. Perhaps bad mojo (at least for the rat)? We know that mum must be near, because of the glimmering that indicates where the exit is.
As Fien i don't understand what those 3 sparkling rings mean. Perhaps they belonged to mother, because after they are "activated" the sparkeling at the exit appeares?
Sorry to hear about you problems, Pollo. I know how frustrating this can be. You can always spy on youtube, there is a walkthrough. But it doesn't show every place possible.
I finished the kitchen yesterday. Now i'm going back to the bathroom where i have undiscovered screens to conquer.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #102
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagul View Post
I finished Gray Matter on Thursday - so no temptation to be unfaithfull by me.
It wasn't only you I was referring to, there are more people who prefer awesome to gruesome :

Name:  corpus_delicti.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  2.2 KB

Quote:
I never crawled on these places, zobraks! How come that i always miss the best parts in this game? I have to develop a more cockroachy thinking.
I played BM five times and still I missed the blackboard in the toilet . It's easy to overlook something in Mojo.

Here are more rare screenshots from the bathroom/toilet:

Quote:
Thanks for your comments on the blackboard earlier, zobraks. I always thought that the unreadable letters under "Battito" mean something special.
Well, they didn't, but those scribbles and sketches sure fleshed out the game. Like the funny labels on pill bottles, shaving cream, carpenter's glue, urinal deodorizer and so on. They all carry names of Bad Mojo team members.

Quote:
You are right: the rat must be killed in some very mysterious way, what we see is not logical. Perhaps bad mojo (at least for the rat)?
It certainly wasn't that rat's day. Must've walked under a ladder or something .

Quote:
I finished the kitchen yesterday. Now i'm going back to the bathroom where i have undiscovered screens to conquer.
That was quick. Take your time and crawl around.
I have to make those terms shorter.

BTW, it seems that not only Czechs and Serbs have strong opinions about Germans. Americans had (have?) prejudices too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbminfo
I live in Florida. I know about roaches. But they call them palmetto bugs here. roaches don't even compare to these dinosaurs.
These things would live on roaches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Carrella
Those are American cockroaches...and unlike their cousins, the German roaches, they can fly (as you well know). The roach at the very opening of Mojo, the one that falls into the sewer chamber, is an American cockroach. The roach in the game is a German cockroach, named as such because at one time, we looked down upon German immigrants...and all immigrants...but now we've changed an love everyone unless they're Islamic...what's next? Islamic roaches?

Last edited by zobraks; 11-27-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: more prejudices
Old 11-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #103
Chicken with a bite

It was here, but I now know the fellow roachie just crosses the water at random places. It was just a coincidence it did so at the dead silverfish.

Last edited by PolloDiablo; 11-27-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #104
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Nice stuff in the bathroom:
Eddie as a little angel in mom’s message makes me giggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloDiablo View Post
It was here, but I now know the fellow roachie just crosses the water at random places. It was just a coincidence it did so at the dead silverfish.
Oh, there. That silverfish slipped my attention.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:42 AM   #105

This cockroach has been left behind.
*crawls around trying to find his way*
Old 11-28-2010, 05:50 AM   #106
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
I'll use this pause some of you took to play Gray Matter and Discworld Noir to post the panoramas from the chapter 2 (Toilet):
What!?! I thought I'd explored the bathroom thoroughly, but I never saw screens number 4, 5, 6, 7. So you can climb up the foot of that stall, or whatever it is! I must try that at once.

BTW, is that you in the last pic?

Here are the messages from the kitchen.

Baby roach:
A lake of fire, a stainless room,
I’ll help you conspire to trigger the spoon.
A great metal grinder, wet [??] teeth in the drain
I’ll help you to find her without any pain.

Catfish:
Too late for us to save you, [??] our lives are at an end.
But continue your behavior with another hapless friend.
Fire bars your entry, it will not let you pass.
Save the crippled sentry, breathe the noxious gas.

Mom:
You may ask: who am I, where am I going, and what do I seek. Many times for the greatest men these questions can never be answered. Do not ask: who am I. Ask instead: who made me. For great pain was suffered at your birth, but great love was the spark of your conception. Love can still flourish in the soil of death. This is the key to life eternal.

Last edited by Fien; 11-28-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:01 AM   #107
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
We can help you (that's one of the reasons we do this crawlthrough), but you have to say where exactly you are at the moment.

Quote:
What!?! I thought I'd explored the bathroom thoroughly, but I never saw screens number 4, 5, 6, 7. So you can climb up the foot of that stall, or whatever it is! I must try that at once.
I did it the first time I played Mojo . There's a message there that pokes your eye . A huge hint/spoiler.

Quote:
BTW, is that you in the last pic?
Yup, it's me and my twin brother flying around naked (our favorite pastime! ). We look a lot like Eddie.

Quote:
Here are the messages from the bathroom.
Thanks a million for those.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:10 AM   #108
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Jump on my back, little one.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:12 AM   #109
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Yup, it's me and my twin brother flying around naked (our favorite pastime! ). We look a lot like Eddie.
Nononono... not Eddie. The detective type of guy.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:12 AM   #110

Dear Fien, thanks again for the messages.
Quote:
There's a message there that pokes your eye . A huge hint/spoiler.
Don't be that cryptic. Perhaps it's my bad cold, but i have no idea what you mean.
I think it will take a time till i can eat a fish again.
I remember when a saw chicken run at the cinema: no more chicken for a long time!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #111
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Nononono... not Eddie. The detective type of guy.

This one? That's Gil Grissom from C.S.I. (one of my favo(u)rite TV characters). I'm not THAT handsome .

Quote:
Don't be that cryptic. Perhaps it's my bad cold, but i have no idea what you mean.
Just read what's written on pictures 5, 6 and 7 in this post. It's no longer a spoiler for you, since you passed the rat.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #112

Quote:
I can't believe (it seems very unprobable) that a rat can be killed by an avalanche of used razor blades
The rat obviously took the opportunity and killed himself I mean, wouldn't you if you hanged long enough in that dump like Eddie's bar?

About the kitchen, it's my favourite part of the game so far, and beside being... appetizing the chapter is also well designed and i think the strongest in terms of balance of difficulty and orientation, falling somewhere in the middle between the harder first one and easier second chapter.

My biggest problems were not the puzzles themselves, but "portals" to next location, like these two:

they are actually easy to spot, especially since there are also "clues" where you can see that those part have no "obstacles" like water bubbles around the mop or spilled food at the counter, but somehow i missed them at first.

the puzzle with the little fella is probably one of the best - even i solved it unintentionally while running around with my company

and since i enjoy cooking and different cuisines, even the only dish i know how to prepare is - pizza, i gave myself the task of tracking down food and recipes which are used in Eddie's kitchen. Pot with cooking beans is similar to Serbian dish called - prebranac and it's actually Chili con carne as seen here

and cumin

is a regular part of the recipe

the chapter is not for the weak stomach especially because of the fish and i got scared everytime when i crawled near the catfish thinking he will do the same as the rat. now, judging by the blazin' cajun spice

it seems that in Eddie's kitchen one of the speciality is Cajun Catfish, prepared in "Louisiana style".

And you know what's interesting:

This is the second time i play the kitchen part, and both times, at the very same day i have beans preparing in my house

Last edited by diego; 11-28-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #113
Senior *female* member

I love the kitchen too. Running around the counter is fun and the drain puzzle is ingenious. About the catfish... did you know one of the designers killed the catfish himself, to be recorded for the game. It's on the extras DVD.

PS: I also cooked brown beans this afternoon. Coincidence. Or rather, the cold, cold weather. Dutchies eat beans when it's cold. With bacon, onions, applesauce, peppers. Yummie.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #114

Jeej...I just finished the Bathroom.
The game is too easy though...breezing through it. But doesn't take away from the unique experience.

I wonder what the puzzle with the cigarette and smoke detector is for. I couldn't do anything with it. I figure I must return to it later on.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #115

Quote:
PS: I also cooked brown beans this afternoon. Coincidence. Or rather, the cold, cold weather. Dutchies eat beans when it's cold. With bacon, onions, applesauce, peppers. Yummie.
Eddie would be proud:

Old 11-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #116
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
The rat obviously took the opportunity and killed himself
You reminded me of a joke I heard when I was a kid. A guy invented a mouse killing device (MKD). It consisted of a board with a razor blade stuck in the middle of it. You put some cheese on one side of the razor blade and some meat on the other side of it. A mouse comes and goes: "Some cheese-some meat, some cheese-some meat, ..." and he severs his head off. Someone said that was too expensive, so the inventor presented an improved version of the MKD. It's the same board with the same razor blade stuck in the middle of it, but this time with nothing else. A mouse is supposed to come and go: "No cheese-no meat, no cheese-no meat, ..."

Quote:
About the kitchen, it's my favourite part of the game so far...
Yes, the kitchen is probably the best part of the whole BM, at least the puzzles in it are the best. For me (too).

Quote:
My biggest problems were not the puzzles themselves, but "portals" to next location
Sometimes it's hard to spot all those passages, but (as you said on that other place) it's some kind of pendant to pixel-hunting in "normal" adventures.

Quote:
the only dish i know how to prepare is - pizza...
This is the second time i play the kitchen part, and both times, at the very same day, i have beans preparing in my house
How quaint. I had pizza for lunch today.
And I drank black beer, as I did a year ago when the first BM playthrough took part. But that's not much of a coincidence since I drink black beer ("Nikšićko crno" ) almost every day .

Thanks for the culinary investigation.

Quote:
I also cooked brown beans this afternoon. Coincidence. Or rather, the cold, cold weather. Dutchies eat beans when it's cold. With bacon, onions, applesauce, peppers. Yummie.
Nice. Except for the apple sauce . Some people here put mint in beans.

Quote:
I just finished the Bathroom.
The game is too easy though...breezing through it.
The toilet is the easiest part of BM.

Quote:
I wonder what the puzzle with the cigarette and smoke detector is for.
You'll find out in good time.

Quote:
I couldn't do anything with it. I figure I must return to it later on.
As we said before, that is all part of the final puzzle.

Last edited by zobraks; 11-28-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling + small additions
Old 11-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #117

Okay, done with the kitchen. =)
It was a long fun journey.

The one thing I always dislike with such games, and this is totally subjective thus I blame myself for it(mostly my perfectionism), is that I like to explore every nook and cranny but everytime you enter a room it can be quite overwhelming exploring the whole area and finding out where you can go or not. And the top view doesn't make it much easier.
However after having the basic structure of the level in my head (usually after having explored 25% of the level) I feel more at ease.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #118
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Okay, done with the kitchen. =)
What took you so long?

Quote:
I like to explore every nook and cranny
I bet you didn't go here:

Old 11-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #119

^
You just lost a bet. =P
Old 11-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #120
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Yes, the kitchen is probably the best part of the whole BM, at least the puzzles in it are the best. For me (too).
Not for me. I really like the drain puzzle, but there are even better ones to come, in my humble opinion. BTW, isn't it a typically American drain, with that grinder? You can "force-feed" it virtually anything. We don't have that in Holland and I'm not so sure that's a bad thing, environmentally speaking.

Quote:
Nice. Except for the apple sauce . Some people here put mint in beans.
Ah, but the apple sauce is traditional. Brown beans, onions, bacon and homemade apple sauce. The red bellpepper and green salad are modern additions. I've never had beans with mint, will give it a try.