You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure TUBMC (The Unofficial Bad Mojo Crawlthrough)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2010, 05:59 AM   #81
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagul View Post
So I'm the only real cockroach here.
Hey, we're all cockroaches here, nations/nationalities have nothing to do with it .
Old 11-22-2010, 08:14 AM   #82
Senior *female* member

The first time I said hello to a big cockroach was in a Greek toilet, in the seventies. When you gotto go, you gotto go...

At the end of this crawlthrough everybody should watch the stuff on the second DVD with all the extras. In particular The Making Of and more in particular the part Concept . It has some of the most horrifying roach stories by the members of the development team.

Interestingly, one of the team members calls the "overviews" Moses-going-to-mountaintop shots. And I want one of those cool Bad Mojo T-shirts!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #83

You make me very curious. So there is a second cd? I have only one. Never had a second cd. The german redux version seems to be a reduced kind of version.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #84
Chicken with a bite

Yeah there were several versions, see here http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...edux/cover-art
I have that Got Game one at the top, which includes a bonus CD.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #85

Thanks for the information.
My original version of the game, which is lost in time and space, was a four language version: italian, french, english and german. I loved to switch languages. Now i have the redux version with only one language and no bonus cd.
I should have kept the original!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:33 AM   #86

This game sucks......

you in. It's quite immersive. Love it
Old 11-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #87

Oh, how i know this feeling!
Old 11-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #88
Senior *female* member

The bathroom was a very short part and I'm hoping we can go to the kitchen now. I mean, why wait till friday when everybody has already completed the bathroom. Zobraks?
Old 11-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #89

I haven't. I am procrastinating.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:11 AM   #90

I arrived yesterday in the kitchen.
Did anyone find out what is written on the blackboard?
Old 11-24-2010, 02:52 AM   #91
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
The bathroom was a very short part and I'm hoping we can go to the kitchen now. I mean, why wait till friday when everybody has already completed the bathroom. Zobraks?
Yes, I know chapter two is rather short (it takes only a couple of minutes when you know where to go and what to do), but I deliberately allowed (much) more time for it hoping (in vain?) Sughly and the likes would catch up with the rest of us, so the Friday deadline stays.
Quote:
I arrived yesterday in the kitchen.
Did anyone find out what is written on the blackboard?
Blackboard? In the kitchen?
Could you be more specific: where is that blackboard?
I'm playing the chapters as they come and I stopped after entering the kitchen.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:58 AM   #92

I meant the blackboard in the bathroom. You can see it while crawling over the broken mirror.
Sorry to be so confusing. I didn't do anything in the kitchen yet.
I'm waiting for your command before i move on.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:32 AM   #93
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
I meant the blackboard in the bathroom. You can see it while crawling over the broken mirror.
Ah, you mean this blackboard:

You can't reach it in the game (it's beyond the obstacles, on the right of the urinal), but if you put a mirror next to the picture of the blackboard on your monitor, you'll see "Battito is a ...h... (?)!" ( delcher? belcher? leecher? )" and " (Kilroy) was here". And there is a sketch of Fred Flintstone in the lower left (lower right in the mirror) corner.

Quote:
I'm waiting for your command before i move on.
Hehe, a proverbial German discipline .

Last edited by zobraks; 11-24-2010 at 06:08 AM. Reason: The Kilroy story
Old 11-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #94

While we wait for Seal of Approval to discuss the Kitchen, i did a little research on fellows who made Bad Mojo trying to find some other games made by them.

Now, two of the game's designers - Vincent Carrella and Phill Simon went on to found Jinx company as successor to Pulse. They both did some games separately afterwards, but the only game where the two joined forces together again was as zany, lunatic and original as Bad Mojo - Space Bunnies Must Die!

Now, i remember playing that game and it had quite original and humorous ambient inspired by those sci-fi and horror comics and B-movies, and made a spoof out of freshly popular Tomb Raider at a time. The game though was never nearly as successfull as Bad Mojo, and had some bugs with the 3D graphics in those days of 3D revolution, but obviously if you put these two men together you'd better expect something unusual and wacky.

Last edited by diego; 11-24-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #95
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
I did a little research on fellows who made Bad Mojo trying to find some other games made by them.
Here's a good place to look for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
... the only game where the two joined forces together again was as zany, lunatic and original as Bad Mojo - Space Bunnies Must Die!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Carrella
We did a huge deal with Acclaim and promised 3 games within a fairly short span of time. Going from a one game at a time development cycle to multiple games at a time ain't easy. We had three games going. Space Bunnies Must Die!, Presto, and Flux. Alex and I were sort of, let's just say, benched, during this time and began working on a new adventure game called BloodRunner which was influenced a lot by Grim Fandango (now that's a story I'm dying to tell). Anyway, after struggling for months to get these games out, Acclaim dropped us. They took a huge bath on the waning 16bit cartridge market and had to cut costs fast. Pulse was left holding the bag for three titles. And we didn't have the resources to do three titles. First we dropped Presto (A GREAT adventure game created by Phil Simon) and then we dropped Flux (or should I say, we spun them off to form their own independant studio after Microsoft picked up the tab). That left us with Space Bunnies. By then Drew Huffman was getting, uh, tired of working on games. He left the company to pursue his own projects. So that left Phil, Alex and I to finish Space Bunnies, and like idiots, we did...
Old 11-26-2010, 08:15 AM   #96
Senior Passer-by

The third part of this legendary crawlthrough started one, two, ... fifteen minutes ago.

It's a (very dirty and quite obnoxious ) kitchen:

This part of the crawlthrough will last until (you guessed!) Friday, December 3th, 17:00 CET.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #97

Wonderfull - i start in a few minutes.

As long as it's not my kitchen, i'm not against obnoxiousness. For a roach it's a natural habitat.
And for Eddy ... poor guy!
His life stopped on july the 6th 1958.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:45 AM   #98
Senior Passer-by

I'll use this pause some of you took to play Gray Matter and Discworld Noir to post the panoramas from the chapter 2 (Toilet):

You can see that (Seagull's) unreachable blackboard once again on the last screenshot.
BTW, does anyoone has any idea who or what SAKUNO (written on the toilet cabin) is? Something to do with this?

Here are the movies from Bathroom too:

Code:
ANTS.MOV
ANTSCLUE.MOV
CE_4.MOV
LAIRDOOR.MOV
RBC.MOV
RING.MOV
SFISH.MOV
SFSHCLUE.MOV
TOWELS22.MOV
TOWELS.MOV
TRAP.MOV
There are more films played when Roger the Cockroach is in the toilet, but those are HEAVY spoilers, so I'll give the list of them later.

One more comment: I can't believe (it seems very unprobable) that a rat can be killed by an avalanche of used razor blades (regardless of the hight they've fallen from, and it can't be more than 2-3 m in Eddie's toilet) - the razor blades are just too light to inflict deadly injuries to a relatively big mammal/rodent.

Moreover, look at what angle that razor blade is lodged in rat's throat. According to it the poor creature must have been sleeping on its side when the accident struck, and we know from the game that the rat was quite vigilant, on all four legs all the time. So, how come a razor blade hit him from the side? Was it a ricochet?

Last edited by zobraks; 11-27-2010 at 04:45 AM. Reason: stucked -> lodged
Old 11-27-2010, 06:46 AM   #99
Chicken with a bite

I'm through the kitchen. Had a hard time finding the way up, even though in hindsight I had found it right in the beginning. Just didn't see any exit but back down.
Also got distracted by a fellow roachie crossing a puddle of goo/water on the back of a dead silverfish which made me think I could/should, too.
I am experiencing weird graphical glitches at the beginning of the next chapter though. Happened once before with the mouse trap, the screen is all black except for where our roach is, and slowly becomes more visible where I crawl. Easy to miss important clues/deadly traps that way... exitting and returning does not help.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #100
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloDiablo View Post
... got distracted by a fellow roachie crossing a puddle of goo/water on the back of a dead silverfish which made me think I could/should, too.
Um, where exactly did you see that? Can you post a screenshot of that?

Trivia:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Silverfish consume matter that contains polysaccharides, such as starches and dextrin in adhesives. These include glue, book bindings, paper, photos, sugar, coffee, hair, carpet, clothing and dandruff. Silverfish can also cause damage to tapestries. Other substances that may be eaten include cotton, linen, silk, synthetic fibres and dead insects or even its own exuvia (moulted exoskeleton). During famine, a silverfish may even attack leatherware and synthetic fabrics. Silverfish can live for a year or more without eating.

Silverfish are considered a household pest, due to their consumption and destruction of property. Although they are responsible for the contamination of food and other types of damage, they do not transmit disease.

Earwigs, house centipedes and spiders are known to be predators of silverfish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloDiablo View Post
I am experiencing weird graphical glitches at the beginning of the next chapter though. Happened once before with the mouse trap, the screen is all black except for where our roach is, and slowly becomes more visible where I crawl.
I think that has something to do with your graphics card (drivers?). I played Bad Mojo on three computers (on Win 98 and XP SP1/SP2 and with ATi graphics cards) and had no glitches.