• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall Chapters: the Final Cut

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 02 January 2018 08:10 PM

What was changed in the puzzles? If they took out that finding drawings puzzle, good riddance!
I only know about 2 scenes that were but playable in the extras and a map.

they took everything, the closet puzzle with little kid at the very beginning, guiding the afraid guy in the dark by lighting street lamps, the Kidbot puzzle next to the Madam boat.. that is all at chapter 1, and chapter two; finding the msg sent thru the tubes, the side quest whether you killed the soldier or not as his wife does not take place anywhere, plus the bombing puzzle at the pier.. i stopped playing there but i can imagine the rest .

the only good thing; what they gave is the ability to summon the map anytime you wanted!, no need for those map displays/stands wether at Stark or Arcadia but it is still there for asking about new places, which is crucial at some point, but once you asked it you can then summon (your) map anytime, and no need to stop at every map stand now n then.

Wasn’t it always Unity Engine, they just changed from verion 4 to 5 before Book Four?

my bad, you are right!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I did the closet puzzle in ps4 ver, and i think its same as pc ver i played , unless my memory is fuzzy
I would love to get cursors to guide me through the mess of pointless traveling
I dont know if final cut is ps4 ver, but i need them cursors will try finding in options

And i dont know how to summon map, i had to check that map guides stand every now and then

I rated PC ver 4/5 but in hindsight i think except for story arc closure, zoe, music,ladyalvane, every bit is a mess

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 03 January 2018 02:15 AM

I did the closet puzzle in ps4 ver, and i think its same as pc ver i played , unless my memory is fuzzy
I would love to get cursors to guide me through the mess of pointless traveling
I dont know if final cut is ps4 ver, but i need them cursors will try finding in options

And i dont know how to summon map, i had to check that map guides stand every now and then

I rated PC ver 4/5 but in hindsight i think except for story arc closure, zoe, music,ladyalvane, every bit is a mess

No Map as the kinda way as opening the inventory(anytime!), No Cursors or Arrows to guide you to your needed locations….  then this is no Final-Cut!

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 03 January 2018 12:33 AM

they gave is the ability to summon the map anytime you wanted!, no need for those map displays/stands

Brilliant,finally what a great idea they manage to discover.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 03 January 2018 02:49 AM

they gave is the ability to summon the map anytime you wanted!, no need for those map displays/stands

Brilliant,finally what a great idea they manage to discover.

i wish this is all about Sarcasm Gabe, i can feel it Tongue , but i am not sure, seriously what an idiot Ragnar Tørnquist not thinking of this option for god’s sake from the very beginning.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Checked stuff, it seems shitbot is still there, not names kidbot, he still vanishes sometimes , and appears again
no cursors to guide
lets see when my patience will run out

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

dumbeur - 02 January 2018 05:42 PM

Cheers Advie.  I have the game in my GOG library for a long time but never downloaded it.

I’ll try to see if there’s any way for them to give me the old version but I doubt it. Frown

You can install the game in Gog Galaxy. Go to settings, uncheck autoamtically update and then choose which previous version to rollback. I think Version 5.4 is before The Final Cut.

Nice one, wilco!

I just downloaded it and can roll back as far as 5.4.1.  Couldn’t see that option till I installed (or I’m very dumb).

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

What was changed in the puzzles? If they took out that finding drawings puzzle, good riddance!
I only know about 2 scenes that were but playable in the extras and a map.

they took everything, the closet puzzle with little kid at the very beginning, guiding the afraid guy in the dark by lighting street lamps, the Kidbot puzzle next to the Madam boat.. that is all at chapter 1, and chapter two; finding the msg sent thru the tubes, the side quest whether you killed the soldier or not as his wife does not take place anywhere, plus the bombing puzzle at the pier.. i stopped playing there but i can imagine the rest .

the only good thing; what they gave is the ability to summon the map anytime you wanted!, no need for those map displays/stands wether at Stark or Arcadia but it is still there for asking about new places, which is crucial at some point, but once you asked it you can then summon (your) map anytime, and no need to stop at every map stand now n then.

That’s a lot… They should at least leave the 2 versions up to download easily like Broken Sword

dumbeur - 03 January 2018 06:28 AM
dumbeur - 02 January 2018 05:42 PM

Cheers Advie.  I have the game in my GOG library for a long time but never downloaded it.

I’ll try to see if there’s any way for them to give me the old version but I doubt it. Frown

You can install the game in Gog Galaxy. Go to settings, uncheck autoamtically update and then choose which previous version to rollback. I think Version 5.4 is before The Final Cut.

Nice one, wilco!

I just downloaded it and can roll back as far as 5.4.1.  Couldn’t see that option till I installed (or I’m very dumb).

yes, should have said that, you need to download it first before you can mess with the versions.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 03 January 2018 06:06 AM

Checked stuff, it seems shitbot is still there, not names kidbot, he still vanishes sometimes , and appears again

yeah, we all luved Kidbot, wasn’t he/it nominated here last year as one of the best side characters or sumthing and Renie (Silence) won.

i thought i knew what you meant by cursors but now i think i don’t quite understand what you mean(t)

somehow they decided to leave chapter 1-2 tiresome as they were only featuring the (sticky) map as a bit of help, but arrows to direct you thru your task will be available from chapter three.

i guess at last they couldn’t change much about Chapter 1-2 as their structures (of fuck you we want you to get lost) could have been hard to assemble differently, i wonder who seriously thought when saw the design of the huge locations of Europolis & Marcuria ‘why the hell won’t we use it to push a layer of difficult orientation into the game to puzzle players enough to fuck with their minds while they (must) appreciate all the great artwork of the locations offered thru their being lost instead of just bypassing them (running)’

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 03 January 2018 01:44 PM

somehow they decided to leave chapter 1-2 tiresome as they were only featuring the (sticky) map as a bit of help, but arrows to direct you thru your task will be available from chapter three

Ah that might be the case

i guess at last they couldn’t change much about Chapter 1-2 as their structures (of fuck you we want you to get lost) could have been hard to assemble differentl

Agree

Also i think ragnar and Co have little grip on pacing and narrative progression(with puzzles)
Maybe they felt victim to demands of fans to include puzzles, disjointed and bad ones(didnt find anything fun roaming around with shitbot, his VA is super bad too)

So he came around with irritating puzzles and while some of old fans can go over it, any other gamer who have less patience would treat it as hurdle

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

really not worth the effort guys dissecting this

mediocre game at best

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

^ i am trying to justify my 7$ Meh

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Actually one of those games you have to get paid for playing.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 04 January 2018 05:28 AM

Actually one of those games you have to get paid for playing.

i like a man with a few words

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

When i last booted the game, intro animations showed DeepSilver
Same Co publishing/QA Shenmue3, my heart skipped a beat
I hope things dont turn out bad Frown

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top