• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Famitsu Adventure Games General Election (fan poll)

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu has been holding a series of “general elections” the last few issues, asking readers to vote for their favorite games in a certain genre. People were allowed to vote for three titles. This week’s issue features a list of the best adventure games as chosen by the Famitsu readers. The number in parantheses is the number of votes. The result is a list of both traditional console-based command-style adventure games, as well as novel games. A fair amount has been released in English, either through official releases or fan-translations.

1) Steins;Gate (365)
2) 428 – Shibuya Scramble (331)
3) Ace Attorney (275)
4) Danganronpa – Trigger Happy Havoc (271)
5) Machi – Unmei no Kosaten (258)
6) Kamaitachi no Yoru (Banshee’s Last Cry) (256)
7) Rei-Jin-G-Lu-P (202)
8) New Danganronpa V3 – Killing Harmony (198)
9) Ever17- the out of infinity- (187)
10) Chaos;Child (176)
11) Super Danganronpa 2 – Goodbye Despair (181)
12) Yu-No – Kono Yo No Hate De Koi Wo Utau Shojo (140)
13) Snatcher (109)
14) Ace Attorney 3 – Trials and Tribulations (104)
15) Portopia Renzoku Satsujin Jiken (94)
16) Ghost Trick (92)
17) EVE: Burst Error (86)
18) Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shojo (83)
19) Policenauts (77)
20) Dream C Club Gogo (73)

Last month, Famitsu reported that on May 12th, the following games were also still in the race to rank in the top 25: Otogiriso, Kamaitachi no Yoru 2, Cross Tantei Monogatari, Sanma no Meitantei, Dai Gyakuten Saiban, Net High, Hokkaido Rensa Jiken - Okhotsk ni Kiyu.

Famitsu did not set any definition criteria for the poll: as long as you think a game belongs to a certain genre, you could name the title for the respective genre election.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Interesting list, the good thing about it is seeing that most of the top games have been released in english, wwith some like 428 still coming in the future

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

suda robbed

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Haven’t played Stein’s Gate is it that good? Or is it up there because of the love for the anime?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Haven’t played Stein’s Gate is it that good?

My goodness yes! Loved it and Stein’s Gate 0 too!

These are visual novels however. So, don’t expect huge amounts of puzzle solving.

Anyway in 2012 i found my 3DS to be lacking in Visual Novels and Adventure Games compared to the Nintendo DS.

I was going to trade in the system completely before the Gamestop sales person told me to supplement my meager 3DS game collection with the PSVITA - yea! OLED screen pure love here big time and LOTS and LOTS of games to play!

Between the 3DS and PSVITA I have a happy generation of great gaming.

So, please consider getting a PSVITA 1000 and both Stein’s Gate games on it. You’ll be a happy camper!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2011-12-30

PM

Mikekelly - 08 June 2017 09:59 PM

Haven’t played Stein’s Gate is it that good?

My goodness yes! Loved it and Stein’s Gate 0 too!

These are visual novels however. So, don’t expect huge amounts of puzzle solving.

It’s one of the better ones but you practically need a walkthrough to get the True End. That’s not the case with the similarly themed YU-NO which gives all the tools (there’s an in-game map of the timeline that shows where everything is) you need to complete it, despite still being very difficult, and actually has point-and-click controls.

What I did with Steins;Gate was play it blindly through once, and then I did a second playthrough, fast-forwarding already read text, and consulting a walkthrough for the phone mails.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top