• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #5: Hoosegow

Total Posts: 194

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

Oscar - 01 November 2016 08:09 AM

“Flash here’s apt to rip your throat out if you so much as look at him funny

Well, let’s get the deputy then by
>look funny at Flash Tongue
or otherwise get him angry by
>throw tube at Flash

A prince it is? I see. And I am Lord of this dusty path!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>look funny at Flash
Flash remains inert.

Flash sluggishly licks his nose.

>throw tube at Flash
Your throwing arm ain’t been any good since the accident with the musk ox and the hedge clippers.

Flash looks admiringly at the dinner bell.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Aren’t there any farting beans left? Don’t tell me we have to restore and do this whole sequence BEFORE opening the can of beans. Well… only Oscar has to redo it. 

>fart

Cool

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

No beans left. But there is at least one other way to get Flash to run for his life.

Which doesn’t involve farting.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Maybe the dog likes music as much as his master.

>play harmonica

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>play harmonica
You blow a few more notes, but you’re not getting any better.

Flash drools.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>give spoon to muddy
>muddy, throw spoon at dog
>flash, fetch spoon

Smile

Or throw something at the door, away from the machine, and have flash fetch it?
Yeah, I’m getting desperate. We don’t have many options, do we.

Oh, and I want to know much time we have left till the hanging.
>x pocket watch

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>give spoon to muddy
Muddy politely refuses your offer. “Thanks, Rick, but one spoon don’t help. Now, if’n we had two, then we could make us some serious music!”

>muddy, throw spoon
Muddy ain’t having none of your balderdash.

>x pocket watch
It’s the wind-up timepiece you received when you were commissioned as an officer in the Confederate Army. It is some small consolation that your jailers were so incompetent as to overlook your one treasure. It currently reads two minutes to eleven in the evening —less than ten hours until you and Muddy are looking like you’re asleep.

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

>throw boot at Flash ?
It works with cats…

err…
>give boot to Muddy
>Muddy, throw boot

I keep forgetting you can’t throw properly yourself Confused

Edit:
>wake pastor Pete
maybe his ranting will chase Flash off?

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>give boot to Muddy
Which all do you mean, the left boot, or the right boot?

>left
Muddy glances at the left boot and says, “I ain’t got no idea what I’d do with your left boot. No thanks.”

>wake pastor Pete

Suddenly, Pastor Pete leaps up and rants, “Blessed is he who fears greatly the WREATHE and COILING of the DESTINY, which, unbound at last, will spring first this way, and then that, bouncing and jostling the CLAMOROUS and the EVER-CHATTERING ranks of the unwary and disillusioned. Yea, though grief be upon us, and the groaning and wailing of the neighbors be slightly disconcerting or indeed unsettling, how much more upsetting would it be to find yourself not wearing your own SOCKS, but those of your neighbor? Who knows what they have done in those socks, or what mysteries those socks would reveal to the chosen few”. He then collapses on the bench again and falls fast asleep.

Pastor Pete murmurs repeatedly, “Kippered herring, please! Kippered herring, please! Kippered herring, please!”

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I like herring too. Raw with raw onion.  Yum

What’s he going on about SOCKS?
>take off left boot
>take off right boot
>x left sock
>x right sock

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

You sound Dutch Grin

Also, maybe we should have a look at the boiler Flash is lying against?
>x boiler

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>take off left boot
In some states that would be a felony. Are you sure?

(yes or no) >>yes
You rock back and forth on the floor, locked in a death struggle with your foot. Beads of sweat form on your head, as you struggle to twist and pull the boot off. With a sudden sucking pop, the boot relents and you tumble backwards.

Muddy’s eyes water as he complains, “Ain’t you got no sense of smell in that head of yours?”

To which you reply, “Not after I been downwind of you around feeding time, nope. This ain’t nothing next to what you can do with a can of beans!”

Flash wakes with a start and sneezes loudly. The fur on his back bristles, and he opens his eyes to stare in horror at your feet. He backs away, towards the front door. The leash pulls taut. He seems caught in the balance between an urge to run away from your stinky foot and his own laziness, which holds him to the spot.

>take off right boot
Oh, you really don’t want to do that. Not indoors at least. Are you sure?

(yes or no) >>yes
You rock back and forth on the floor, locked in a death struggle with your foot. Beads of sweat form on your head, as you struggle to twist and pull the boot off. With a sudden sucking pop, the boot relents and you tumble backwards.

Muddy’s eyes water as he complains, “Not again! My poor nose!”

One foot was bad enough, but two is more than the old dog can handle. Trying not to sniff the air, Flash turns tail and breaks for the door, straining against his leash, which is tied to the steam pipe lever. The lever swings towards the door, and from the roof you hear the ear-splitting drone of a railway steam whistle.

You agree with Muddy that the deputy is not likely to be in a good mood when he arrives, so you put your boots back on.

The Deputy slams through the swinging doors to the office, lurching to the side as he struggles to put his other leg into his pants. He is bare-chested and empty-handed, aside from a nearly drained bottle of whiskey. Flash is so scared that he yanks the leash and snaps the lever clear off the machine.

The deputy thunders, “What the cluster-chucking blazes is the matter here?” The deputy surveys the office quickly and then rattles the gate to make sure it is still locked. In his drunken rage, he doesn’t notice the missing metal bar.

“Dumb dog,” he mumbles, “I was doing important business.” He looks around for Flash, but the dog has already slid out of the office. The deputy grumbles to himself and sets off again towards the door.

The deputy brightens. “Ummm. I do smell me some coffee.” The deputy drains the mug with a single gulp. “That’s good. I got to wake me up some.”

Almost immediately, the deputy spins on his heel and drops to the floor just in front of your jail cell.
[Your score has just gone up by one]

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

Great! Grin
>x deputy
is he by any chance carrying the key to the cell?

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>x deputy
You are relieved to find that the deputy is unconscious, but breathing. He is wearing only a pair of pants—no shirt, no gun belt, no boots.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top