• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Shady Brook IF Remake

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Which ending did everyone get? And which is the ‘proper’ one?

The ending I got was with me dying and Kate driving away in my car

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Got that one too. Could there really be another.
Anyway a good ending.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Oscar - 20 August 2016 05:00 PM

That was the ending in the 2005 version too.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

At Chrissie

For that achievement on the second day in the diner you have to talk again to Tim and his buddy after having asked the initial questions.

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oscar - 20 August 2016 05:00 PM

Which ending did everyone get? And which is the ‘proper’ one?

Same here - there just didn’t seem to be anyway of prompting an alternative! But one of the loveliest things about the remake was that you could choose to spend the evening with your dad - I really couldn’t find a way to do that, if it was possible, in the original game which made me cry!

chrissie - 20 August 2016 01:37 PM

I’ve now managed to finish the game with 1235/1250 points & 32/33 achievements - the one that’s eluding me is ‘One of the guys - Talk sports with some friends’ so are you please able to help me out with that one Origami? I’m guessing it’s to be found somewhere in the 1st half of the game. Smile

Origami - 21 August 2016 02:17 PM

For that achievement on the second day in the diner you have to talk again to Tim and his buddy after having asked the initial questions.

Thank you for that Origami! Thumbs Up ( but don’t forget to use spoiler tags!  Smile )

I’ve now been able to unlock the bonus scene - it’s only a couple of minutes long but well worth it & very interesting…...

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

smulan - 20 August 2016 05:59 PM

Anyway a good ending.

I just didn’t think it was the right one, for many reasons. So the town continues with its sacrifices and life goes on as normal?

Chrissie, I’d be very interested to know what happens in the bonus scene (since I’m not one to replay games just for extra content).

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oscar - 21 August 2016 07:42 PM
smulan - 20 August 2016 05:59 PM

Anyway a good ending.

I just didn’t think it was the right one, for many reasons. So the town continues with its sacrifices and life goes on as normal?

Chrissie, I’d be very interested to know what happens in the bonus scene (since I’m not one to replay games just for extra content).

Oscar, the game’s only been out for a few weeks so not to give anything away even in spoiler tags see your PM shortly!

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2004-05-10

PM

Hello everyone,

I’m Christopher Brendel, the developer of Shady Brook, and I’m honored to see that you seem to be enjoying the game! Grin

If anyone has any questions about this or my upcoming IF games, please do not hesitate to ask, and I will be happy to respond. Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi Christopher & thank you for calling in!  Smile I love the latest interface you’ve presented for both Shady Brook & Lifestream which has now hooked me on this kind of IF approach where you still have the feel of playing a graphic adventure with the added appeal of having more detail within the text to elaborate on the story!  Smile

I’d love for there to be a sequel for both games - have you any plans for that? & also will you be updating The Filmmaker too?  Smile

Joined 2004-05-10

PM

I’m thrilled to hear how much you are enjoying these games!

To answer your question, I do not have any current plans for a direct sequel, but suffice it to say that you will certainly see certain characters again, such as Randolph Holton and Kate Ekan, and also return to Shady Brook.  The story has just begun! Grin

Yes, there will be an updated Filmmaker, as well.  I am currently working on it, in fact.  After that, I will finally complete Stonewall Penitentiary, and then new titles will come out on a continual basis.  I already have the first dozen outlined! Smile

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

A dozen? Wow, that is incredible news! And I’ve been wondering about Stonewall Penitentiary for years. If these games are all of the quality of Lifestream and Shady Brook, we’re in for a treat. Smile

I’ve already played (and loved) The Filmmaker but will likely be picking up the IF remake anyway.

Joined 2004-05-10

PM

With The Filmmaker, I’m going to be doing something slightly different from the past two games…you’ll see what I mean when the game nears release. Smile

The quality of the games should only go up from here.  After The Filmmaker is released, you should (hopefully) notice a big jump in quality, as I am not limited to sticking with the outline of my existing titles and can instead focus on developing fresh content.  That will mean more branching paths, game-altering decisions, complex characters, and interesting gameplay…starting with Stonewall Penitentiary! Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just seen in New Releases here that The Filmmaker IF remake has been released!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2004-05-10

PM

Hi chrissie,

I’m sorry if your hopes got up, but it’s not out quite yet.  The game is still in beta, but I am hopeful that it will be available this month! Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oops! I didn’t read the small print!  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top