• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Lifestream

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

I’m playing Lifestream (Interactive Fiction remake) and is enjoying it alot. A different kind of gameplay, especially for a IF novice like me, but very forgiving in that respect, and since it’s a new experience it feels very fresh. Playing on an iPad and for the first time, and I’ve played quite a few adventure games on it, I’ve stumbled upon a game well suited for it.
Anyone else playing?

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

smulan - 07 August 2016 03:19 PM

I’m playing Lifestream (Interactive Fiction remake) and is enjoying it alot. A different kind of gameplay, especially for a IF novice like me, but very forgiving in that respect, and since it’s a new experience it feels very fresh. Playing on an iPad and for the first time, and I’ve played quite a few adventure games on it, I’ve stumbled upon a game well suited for it.
Anyone else playing?

I played the original smulan which I liked very much which is pretty much inaccessible now so was pleased but dubious about the updated version. I’ve only played the demo so far & was very impressed with it!  Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

It’s a really good remake. The new interface works well and keeps the story moving at a fluid pace. I have no problem with the easier difficulty level. I hope Storycentric Worlds continues to adapt older games in this format.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Me too played the original a few years back and have good memories of the story more than the game aspects. Will try out the remake on the iPad soon. Think his other game - forgotten the name - that I’ve also played (kind of a low budget GK game) has got or will get the same treatment.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Veovis - 07 August 2016 04:18 PM

Me too played the original a few years back and have good memories of the story more than the game aspects. Will try out the remake on the iPad soon. Think his other game - forgotten the name - that I’ve also played (kind of a low budget GK game) has got or will get the same treatment.

The other game you’re probably thinking of is Shady Brook (although there is a 3rd game The Filmmaker), the remake was released on August 1st apparently & is featured here under New Releases.
The original is one of my favourites so have just bought & downloaded the full game (but as with Lifestream a demo is available) - the iPad version is censored BTW whereas the PC version is not!  Smile

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

chrissie - 08 August 2016 09:26 AM
Veovis - 07 August 2016 04:18 PM

The other game you’re probably thinking of is Shady Brook (although there is a 3rd game The Filmmaker), the remake was released on August 1st apparently & is featured here under New Releases.
The original is one of my favourites so have just bought & downloaded the full game (but as with Lifestream a demo is available) - the iPad version is censored BTW whereas the PC version is not!  Smile

Thanks Chrissie. Yes, that’s the one. I have good memories of Shady Brook too. Lost interest pretty soon with The Filmmaker though. Had forgotten it was developed by the same person.

Pity about the censoring. Seems ideal to play on the iPad. Is the iPad version of Lifestream censored too?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Veovis - 08 August 2016 05:03 PM

Is the iPad version of Lifestream censored too?

Not as far as I can tell Veovis but from what I can remember the game doesn’t contain adult scenes as there are in Shady Brook.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Guess the above mentioned has to do with a more casual gamers targeted gameplay. I find aspects of this kind of puzzleing a bit annoying, I’m afraid, as I progress deeper into the game. But the story still is captivating and that’s the main thing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top