• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04chrissieDaleOOUS

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall Chapters

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Still looking fantastic. This is climbing up my personl Hype-meter. Probably Top 3 now.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Everything looks pretty good thus far. I’m sure the story will be good as well.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m trying to avoid all possible spoilers for this game. Should I still watch the video, or trust my gut feeling and stay completely clear of it?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

There are spoilers.
Details about the story we never heard before.
But only details.
I trust my bad memory that i will forgett them soon.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 22 June 2013 05:13 PM

I’m trying to avoid all possible spoilers for this game. Should I still watch the video, or trust my gut feeling and stay completely clear of it?

Watch both the E3 and the trailer.  You’ll forget by the time it comes out!

What an Awesome Game. Been hooked on this story from the beginning.

Total Posts: 112

Joined 2003-10-18

PM

TimovieMan - 22 June 2013 05:13 PM

I wouldn’t describe anything in that video as a “spoiler”. Unless you consider as spoilers revealing concept art for a few new characters in the game and viewing some gameplay and dialog footage.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

bad news

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/10/paypal-freezes-crowdfunding-money-for-kickstarter-hit-dreamfall-chapters/

Today, just four days after the Mailpile story, video game developer Red Thread Games tweeted that the PayPal funds for their crowdfunded game Dreamfall Chapters have been frozen, noting that “We keep hitting a wall when we try to contact @PayPal customer service.”

This is a game that raised over $1.5M on Kickstarter. The good news is that Kickstarter uses Amazon Payments rather than PayPal, so the bulk of the game’s funding remains in the hands of the creators.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Luckily enough Dreamfall has gathered most of its money from Kickstarter. Their Paypal pledges aren’t that notable, so it won’t be effecting on the production, at least yet. But this does suck for many other projects.

Paypal seems to have done similar things to other projects as well lately. They must have wakened up a bit late on this whole crowdfunding thing, so apparently they are thinking about their own guidelines now.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Unfortunately, Paypal represents the textbook example of the customer being disenfranchised - in spite of the fact that anybody who ever needed to resolve anything at all after Paypal arbitrarily “stopped liking them” would rather chew off a limb than go through it again (assuming they ever got anything solved the first time around which would be nothing short of a bona fide miracle), they thrive unabated. If the idealistic “market” of the economy textbooks would really work, Paypal should have been bankrupt ages ago. Instead, what you see is what you get… </rant>

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Problem has been fixed.

“Our Customer Service team reached out to Red Thread Games and we’re pleased to report that the issue has been resolved. As we’ve mentioned before, PayPal is still working on our process to best address the needs of crowd funding businesses while adhering to laws and regulations around the world. It’s a top priority for us to get this fixed once and for all. “ - paypal

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2005-12-19

PM

The real problem will only be fixed when Paypal stops acting like a piece of shit all of the time. It worked out in this case because the issue got a lot of press, but I’ve heard enough stories where that wasn’t the case, and the money was lost forever.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

So I just read the latest GC round up and it also talks about Dreamfall chapters. It says that it takes place a year after Dreamfall and Zoe is now living in Europolis but didn’t Zoe die at the end Dreamfall? I very clearly recall that. How do you guys think that figures?

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Zoe didn’t die, she fell into coma. April on the other hand might or might not have died, as it was left open.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

tomimt - 14 September 2013 05:03 AM

Zoe didn’t die, she fell into coma. April on the other hand might or might not have died, as it was left open.

Zoe definitely died at the end if you ask me. I mean how else would you explain this: “I’m leaving soon, but I’m not afraid. If death is the end I know that our dreams remain behind.”... “She’s afding away. And then a few seconds later Zoe appears as a ghost looking at her herself in bed and says: “Goodbye”. Sounds like she died to me.

See for yourself MASSIVE SPOILERS: DON’T WATCH UNLESS YOU’VE PLAYED DREAMFALL!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

No, the way I have interpreted it is that while she doesn’t know herself if she lives or dies. Death is only one option. I’ve always taken it that she’s left in a deep coma that could end up either way and obvously they’ve opted that she stays alive

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top